Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planters | NUT•rition Peanut Butter

This... and someone having a "house party" sponsored by NUT-rition PB, chattering about how HEALTHY it is!

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
      Planters | NUT•rition Peanut Butter

This... and someone having a "house party" sponsored by NUT-rition PB, chattering about how HEALTHY it is!
      That is a crime. Marketing something as a health food when the second ingredient is sugar (at least in the banana variety) and it has trans-fat. Of course the label says "0g Trans fat", but it contains hydrogenated vegetable oils.

Comment

• McDonald's being allowed to claim their new Fruitizz as part of the UK 5 a day...
        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
        PS
        Don't forget to play!

Comment

• Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
          That is a crime. Marketing something as a health food when the second ingredient is sugar (at least in the banana variety) and it has trans-fat. Of course the label says "0g Trans fat", but it contains hydrogenated vegetable oils.
          They don't taste that good either. They had samples at the grocery store last weekend. The berry one wasn't that bad taste-wise, but the banana one? Oh god, yuck! It had an overwhelmingly fake-banana taste, like peanut butter mixed with banana Laffy Taffy.

Comment

• Originally posted by abbyful View Post
            They don't taste that good either. They had samples at the grocery store last weekend. The berry one wasn't that bad taste-wise, but the banana one? Oh god, yuck! It had an overwhelmingly fake-banana taste, like peanut butter mixed with banana Laffy Taffy.
            Im not gonna lie, I kinda love fake banana flavor. It tastes nothing like banana, but something about it....

Although, in college, we learned that the chemical structure for it is SO SIMPLE we could MAKE IT, ourselves, in chemistry lab. That mental association of our dirty chemistry lab--covered with rusted metal fixtures and splashes of poisons--and something that was supposed to be edible really squicked me out.
            "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by onalark View Post
              Thanks, Finnegans Wake. I think this was what I was trying to express when I mentioned my dislike for "the dip".

I am not saying I never dip foods. Chicken and mayo...my god, what would life be like without it? I am saying that too often, though, these things (bottled ranch dressing, ridiculously sweet ketchups) are used to mask the terrible, bland food we foist on the kids. And it's become so very ubiquitous...I dunno. My idealism is showing, I know, and in three years I'll come back to this thread and respond with a YOU WERE RIGHT YOU WERE ALL RIGHT. but it's unsettling how often I see kids who will refuse to eat without their "dip".
              I have seen dipping be such a habit.. you can the most flavorful perfectly seasoned meat that makes your mouth water and a philistine put catsup on it..UGH!!!
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                I have seen dipping be such a habit.. you can the most flavorful perfectly seasoned meat that makes your mouth water and a philistine put catsup on it..UGH!!!
                Only thing worse than ordering a steak well done is ordering it well done and dumping ketchup on it. Barf.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                  Only thing worse than ordering a steak well done is ordering it well done and dumping ketchup on it. Barf.
                  true that!!
                  Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                    I was married before. Amongst his numerous failings, was the fact that the man would put KETCHUP on PRIME RIB.

OMFG.

Comment

• I realize it's not going to make me popular to say this, but I genuinely do not like the taste of steak. It just tastes like blood to me, and the less cooked it is, the worse it is. So well-done-with-ketchup is the only way I can choke it down.

Judge me if you want. But I'm not going to eat something cooked in a way that tastes horrible to me just to make other people happy.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                        I realize it's not going to make me popular to say this, but I genuinely do not like the taste of steak. It just tastes like blood to me, and the less cooked it is, the worse it is. So well-done-with-ketchup is the only way I can choke it down.

Judge me if you want. But I'm not going to eat something cooked in a way that tastes horrible to me just to make other people happy.
                        not judging, just asking.. why do you eat it then if you do not like it? Its not a requirement There are lots of other meats out there that are tasty. Is it just steak, or beef all together?
                        Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                          not judging, just asking.. why do you eat it then if you do not like it?
                          I don't, unless I don't really have a choice. Occasionally, I am at someone's house and they are serving steaks, or I get one in my box-o-meat from the butcher. But lately I just give raw steak to my cats instead of choking it down myself. They like it.

Is it just steak, or beef all together?
                          I like ground sirloin, and I use it often for shepherd's pie. I wouldn't want to eat it straight, but it's good when it's cooked in a flavorful sauce with vegetables.

As far as meat goes, though, I much prefer pork. Which is fine with me because it's a lot cheaper.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• I like steak, but I REALLY like it with a little bit of chipotle butter on top.
                            Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                              I like steak, but I REALLY like it with a little bit of chipotle butter on top.
                              a lovely way to season
                              Karin

Comment

• a-1 for life
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X