No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf, having to eat nothing but PB&J sounds like self-punishment, not a way to get healthier. Then again, most 'diets' are like that, so it's no wonder they don't work in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enamel View Post
      wtf, having to eat nothing but PB&J sounds like self-punishment, not a way to get healthier. Then again, most 'diets' are like that, so it's no wonder they don't work in the end.
      my dad ate a peanut butter sandwich for lunch every weekday for 40 years and loved it
      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
      Current Weight: 235 pounds
      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by Enamel View Post
        wtf, having to eat nothing but PB&J sounds like self-punishment, not a way to get healthier. Then again, most 'diets' are like that, so it's no wonder they don't work in the end.
        I've been missing PB&J for several years. It's just not the same on GF bread...and I used to eat at least one a day, half the time.
        Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
          I've been missing PB&J for several years. It's just not the same on GF bread...and I used to eat at least one a day, half the time.
          I miss the PB&J sandwiches Mom made for us: she'd toast and butter (well, margarine) the bread, then slather one piece with honey peanut butter and slather the other piece with strawberry jelly or jam. I've tried making it with oopsie rolls but you just can't get that toast crispness with an oopsie roll and the honey was crucial to the flavor.
          Did anyone else's mom do breakfast sandwiches? Buttered toast with scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, salsa, and cheese inside? God I loved those.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
            I used to love PB&J, so I can understand that - but literally eating the same thing every day would really get to me, haha.

I do miss bread sometimes, but only when I think about eggs and toast - my ultimate meal. So simple, yet so, so, so good. Now I just eat eggs by themselves and they taste great, but there's really nothing that can replace crunchy, buttery bread. I know there's a brand of gluten-free bread that is almost as good as 'real' bread, but I'd rather just remember eggs and toast fondly than buy it.

Comment

• If the topic is PB&J I have nothing to say, but back to funny CW comments. . .

I've always been thin, and always eaten in a primal-esque way, naturally. Pasta, breads, grains, and the like never appealed to me, I always preferred and ate meats, vegetables, fruit. How many times people say to me, you're so lucky, you can eat what you want, and you don't get fat.

Well, yes, that's because of what I want to eat. They could be that lucky too.

Comment

• I got my blood test results back from my doctor's office that said that people can increase HDL by decreasing carbohydrate consumption, which I was rather surprised (and pleased) to see! The rest of the letter, however, went on to advocate whole grain consumption, 'fruits and vegetables,' decreased saturated fat, and chronic cardio. *sigh*

Comment

• A Facebook friend of mine posted that he was cutting out grains and amidst the congratulations someone posted this:

"Is there anyway you can get on Metformin? (Glucophage) I have that now and it kinda grabs my carbs, hides them so my body can't see them and sends them on their way out the back end. Publix fills that prescription for free. If you want I can probably get you a months worth so you can see if it works for you."

*facepalm*

Comment

• Oh, good. Now we can have people with half-digested pizza crusts flying out of their asses.
                    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• my doc put me on metformin to help with insulin resistance. my instructions were to only take half a pill a day, and i did but the cut was uneven. i took the smaller half night 1, and the larger night 2. i spent night 2 puking

that's sort of a side effect

so sure, let's get everyone on met without proper dosage or instruction from a dr
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

• I find metformin such a funny thing. Give them the medication that basically makes their body THINK it is on a low carb diet. Instead of prescribing the low carb diet that will treat the problem and not just the symptoms of the problem.
                        Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• NutMeg - definitely strange thing about people relying on drugs to make your body think it was lowcarbing. Do people not get it?

I was reading an article in the Diabetes magazine about low carb and insulin regulation. There was a part that made me boil - the article stated it was just as healthy to take insulin to cover carb consumption as it was to eat low carb. All the in name of allowing diabetics to eat like non-diabetics. *FACEPALM*

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                          Congenital Hypothyroid
                          CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• I take metformin in conjunction with a low-carb diet... I hope to decrease my dosage and go off it eventually, but right now my hormones are still not normal (I haven't had my period since January). I did stop taking the spironolactone though.

Confession: In the past I've sugar binged and then taken 'extra' metformin to take up for it... and usually spent the next day sitting on the toilet. The digestive effects are NOT pleasant, but when eating real (primal) foods I don't notice it at all.

That's kind of a weird way of putting it though, that it 'hides the carbs from your body'... it doesn't make the carbs go straight through, I thought it improved insulin sensitivity through certain enzyme reactions.
                            Last edited by spakesneaker; 03-22-2011, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                              Oh, good. Now we can have people with half-digested pizza crusts flying out of their asses.
                              Gives a whole new meaning to stuffed crust...eeeewwwwww!
                              My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#

Comment

• I went to the shrink a few days ago. i told him I had a history of depression, but that wasn't the current issue, as it was gone now (I didn't say, "thanks to eating right," much as I wanted to.) Blahblahblah, let's do this and this for the current problems, and oh, by the way, "I want you on a maintenance dose for the depression."
                                "I'm symptom free, and every depression med I've ever taken has stopped working or reversed effects within a month. I see no reason to make another series of medications useless through maintenance dosage if I may actually need it for symptoms later."
                                "Well, with your history and family history, I believe that the depression may come back. With maintenance medication, it may not. I highly recommend a maintenance dose of [nongeneric tier 3 depression med.]"
                                "May's not a strong word, Dr. [Shrink]. I'll come see you if I need the meds, but I won't render the medication useless by taking a maintenance dose."
                                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X