Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
    The only thing I could imagine working well would be something like water tank displacement, maybe?
    Apparently even those can be quite inaccurate. Remember this post?
    The Value of Lab Values | Mark's Daily Apple

I think DEXA is probably the most accurate method. Other than autoposy. Autopsy is definitely the way to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      I read an article saying the average American throws away 4.5 lb of trash per DAY. My first thought was "how the HELL can you go through that much meat (styrofoam packing), veggies (ends and trimmings), and toilet paper?"
      Then I remembered that not everyone ate like us.
      You know, you bring up an interesting point. I think I easily scrape a couple pounds of organic stuff into compost a couple times a week. But veggie trimmings, rotten veggies, and other food scraps are technically a *lot* heavier than just cardboard boxes, plastic bags, and other packing material. Which makes me realize HOW MUCH PACKAGING CRAP other people must be throwing away every day to be a comparable weight.
      "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
        You know, you bring up an interesting point. I think I easily scrape a couple pounds of organic stuff into compost a couple times a week. But veggie trimmings, rotten veggies, and other food scraps are technically a *lot* heavier than just cardboard boxes, plastic bags, and other packing material. Which makes me realize HOW MUCH PACKAGING CRAP other people must be throwing away every day to be a comparable weight.
        You're forgetting to factor in frozen meal wrappings, aluminum cans, and tin cans.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Ate my lunch at Whole Foods today. Basically got maybe a cup of leafy greens and a pound of chicken breast, salmon, and shrimp. I sat down across from this lady who was eating a tiny container of canola oil filled tuna salad mayo and a small bagel. When I wasn't looking, she would stare at me eating my food. Sad thing is, calorically we probably ate the same amount.
          My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
            Which is exactly why most body fat testing must be bunk. I had mine tested many times by many different people in many different places over about 5 years when I was in college and a bit beyond, and it always, always registered 12-13% on the calipers. Anyone could look at me and know it wasn't true. I was fit & healthy & strong, and very lean from the waist up, but had some definite thighs. The problem is, calipers don't measure where I store fat (especially top outside of thighs & rear & back of hips). So they're nonsense.

I conceived easily at that weight/bodyfat%, and when I dropped another 15lb and even more body fat a few years later, conceived easily again.

The only thing I could imagine working well would be something like water tank displacement, maybe?
            Ok, this makes sense to me now. So at 19.2% (allegedly) i'm underweight with regards to BF. But I definetley don't look, I dunno, infertile? I suppose my top half has leaned out, but I'm still packing some BF round the hips thighs - as far as I recall, Mark did a post on this, and that's where women store bits and bobs they require during pregnancy? I imagine those readings don't reflect where your BF is kept.
            The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Comment

• We have two compost bins in the back yard, filled with happy, hungry worms who take care of all our veggie and fruit trimmings.

We use reusable bags for shopping, including some very light net bags for produce, and some denser mesh bags for nuts/seeds.

We never buy bottled water - we go to a natural artesian spring and fill water cooler bottles for our drinking/cooking water (it tastes so much better, and no chlorine!), we don't drink soda.

We have curbside recycling for cardboard, paper, cans, plastic bottles. We save up glass and then run it over town to the recycle place.

We probably still fill one tall kitchen sack per week. *sigh*

Comment

• Haha, I may have already posted about this somewhere, can't remember... A guy walks into my work and asks for a "healthy snack". I work at Cracker Barrel btw. I told him to order a some grilled chicken tenders from the restaurant, that it was healthy, and would be just as fast. He said, no... I think I will just order one of your blueberry muffins (which are said to contain 1250 calories) and also bought a big bag of pretzels... and a diet soda of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jena View Post
                  Haha, I may have already posted about this somewhere, can't remember... A guy walks into my work and asks for a "healthy snack". I work at Cracker Barrel btw. I told him to order a some grilled chicken tenders from the restaurant, that it was healthy, and would be just as fast. He said, no... I think I will just order one of your blueberry muffins (which are said to contain 1250 calories) and also bought a big bag of pretzels... and a diet soda of course.
                  LOL... when I think of a healthy snack at CB it's the Eggs, bacon, and tomato only plate.
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                  And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• New Coco Pops ad doing the rounds. Shows a box of Coco Pops hugging a bottle of milk labelled 'Lite Milk' with the caption 'Friends forever' or some BS like this.

Sign underneath the date shelf at the supermarket proclaims 'High in fibre, Cholesterol and fat free!'.
                    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                      Apparently even those can be quite inaccurate. Remember this post?
                      The Value of Lab Values | Mark's Daily Apple

I think DEXA is probably the most accurate method. Other than autoposy. Autopsy is definitely the way to go.
                      Mind if I get a vivisection instead? I just really don't feel like dying in order to get my fat measured.
                      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Just walked past my colleague there and I'm carrying my lunch. Now this is my coming out of IF food, a big heaving plate of tongue, veggies and 3 scrambled eggs.

Colleague: "How are you not fat with the amount of food you eat"
                        Me: "I keep telling you, it's not the quantity but the CONTENT!"
                        Colleague: "oh"
                        Me: "Do you think it's a fluke that I can eat this much and not be fat?"
                        Colleague: .....
                        Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

• And another one!

Stepson goes to school the other day with a naked bar in his lunchbox. He opens it up an dhis teacher tells him he can't eat it as chocolate bars are not allowed!

N?kd Cocoa Orange | A Chocolaty Orange Bar | Natural Balance Foods

All she had to do was take a look at it.
                          Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

Comment

• And I bet it would be perfectly acceptable for him to have "fruit" snacks or a chocolate chip granola bar.
                            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                              And I bet it would be perfectly acceptable for him to have "fruit" snacks or a chocolate chip granola bar.
                              A leaflet comes out at the start of term. Encouraged foods - pasta, whole grain bread, cereal for breakfast etc etc blah blah blether.

Comment

• I was feeling desperate for coconut milk. I usually buy TJ's light coconut milk because it's only $.99 per can. I gave in and bought 4 cans of the Coconut Cream (even though it has additives like CELLULOSE). It ruined my chai, it smelled and tasted like wood pulp! I tried a little plain, the texture was wonderful, but ick! Not like coconut milk at all! Fortunately, Trader Joe's has a very liberal return policy, so I brought all 4 back, even the opened one. When I told them why I didn't like it, they didn't seem to hear me. When I told them I bought it because I wanted something with more fat, they said, "Have you tried our light coconut milk?" I don't think they comprehended what I was saying =P
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X