Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
    Wow. That's a comprehension FAIL even by CW standards.
    I read it to some of my students, and the general response was "Whoa...." as they shook their heads that anyone could be that clueless.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

• For the past two years, my Christmas gift to my grandparents has been bringing them dinner at least six times a year for a nice evening together. I love being able to bring fresh, organic, homemade, nutrient-dense, traditional meals, knowing that they're eating processed stuff most of the time and in terrible health. Almost every time we talk, they mention how delicious these meals are.

So grandma was in the ICU last week for heart problems. When she was released, I called to bring them some chicken soup, since grandpa had a cold turning into a respiratory infection. She said, "Don't worry about bringing a meal; the doctors said I really have to eat heart healthy now." I told her what it was and she said, well, I could bring it for grandpa, since he had a cold.

??? Chicken soup??? What, even by CW standards, is heart unhealthy about chicken soup made from scratch?

So today I visit, sans food, and I see her package of preseasoned chicken breasts thawing on the counter ... next to a 20 ounce Gatorade.

(Was that heart healthy sugar bomb for her or my diabetic grandfather?)

I could kill every one of those doctors. It's not even a funny story, it makes me so, so sad.
      Last edited by MamaGrok; 03-17-2011, 11:48 AM. Reason: droido's!
      5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
      Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
      Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
      Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
      ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
        For the past two years my Christmas gift to my grandparents he been bringing them dinner at least six times a year for a nice evening together. I love being able to.bring fresh, organic, homemade, nutrient-dense traditional meals, knowing that they're eating processed stuff most of the time and in terrible health.
        :
        So grandma was in the icu last week for heart problems. I called to bring them some chicken soup since grandpa had a cold turning into a respiratory infection. She said, don't worry about bringing a meal; the doctors said I really have to eat heart healthy now.

??? Chicken soup???

So today I visit, sans food, and I see her package of preseasoned chicken breasts thawing on the counter ... next to a 20 ounce Gatorade.

(Was that heart healthy sugar bomb for her or my diabetic grandfather? ) I could kill every one of those doctors. It's not even a funny story, it makes me so, so sad.
        How freaking terrible so so sooo sad.
        March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
        Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
          So...you're dating someone who is so insecure about themselves that they don't want you to get any better?
          You can not even begin to know how insecure he is x] But hey, I love him! ^_^
          Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• Originally posted by PixieKitten View Post
            You can not even begin to know how insecure he is x] But hey, I love him! ^_^
            have you tried hitting him?
            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
            Current Weight: 235 pounds
            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
              have you tried hitting him?
              I find tickling much more effective... That is, until he tickles back and my reflexes launch me straight off the sofa and onto the floor.. O.o

Comment

I find tickling much more effective... That is, until he tickles back and my reflexes launch me straight off the sofa and onto the floor.. O.o
                Better than peeing on the couch...I know some people so ticklish, that's happened. Not on my couch, though.
                Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Yesterday, a friend of mine who is trying to lose weight, knowing that I've lost a lot of weight over the past year, decided to ask me for dietary advice. He informed me that instead of eating fast food for lunch like usual, he's been packing two or three peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and eating those instead. I must have winced as he told me this, because he said, "Well, what kind of meals do you eat?"

I told him that I had had a large plate of muscles for lunch that day with a salad, and that most mornings I like to have a three-egg omelette with peppers, tomatos, onion, some cheese, and sometimes bacon. His reply: "So basically what your saying is that you're going to die of a heart attack. That's the last time I ask you for dietary advice."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
                    "So basically what your saying is that you're going to die of a heart attack. That's the last time I ask you for dietary advice."
                    *Facepalm*

Sucks when they refuse to acknowledge that it works with you as living proof! I don't get how people can DO that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
                      His reply: "So basically what your saying is that you're going to die of a heart attack. That's the last time I ask you for dietary advice."
                      Reply with "Rather die of a heart attack while looking good, than live overweight." or something simularly snarky.

If they are going to recoil like that might as well have fun with it.
                      If your food is fast, maybe you should fast.

Comment

• Before I heard about PB my nutritionist told me to eat meals that are 50% Carbs, I substituted that 50% for veges. I also used to eat at least 8 slices of bread a day as snacks.

She told me to make sure that I eat wholegrain bread, because "the little 'bits' in there will make you feel fuller, and they have more nutrients than normal bread". She got one thing right; the little bits make me feel fuller because they are harder to digest. Well, they are harder to digest, but they don't make me feel fuller. I still ended up eating about 5 sandwhiches each day in addition to meals, and still felt hungry.

This was on what has become my final appointment with her. Days later I found MDA and a few days later I started primal.

Comment

Ugh, tell me about it Heather!
                          My boyfriend doesn't go on about what I eat because I will eat some bread and pasta when I'm at his house to make it easier on his mum when cooking, but I showed him the forum thinking he's be all for it and now he's terrified I'm going to get fitter than him. He's not very fit in the first place for understandable medical reasons, but a little support would be nice. When I told him I'd FINALLY found a way to shift my belly pudge?
                          'But I LIKE it! Girls without a bit of pudge on them don't look human'
                          *headdesk*
                          How many of his 'understandable medical reasons' could be helped by switching to primal/paleo eating?
                          A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
                            How many of his 'understandable medical reasons' could be helped by switching to primal/paleo eating?
                            Anxiety, panic attacks, agroaphobia, manic depression... The majority of them. I've told him but 'It's a lifestyle change. I don't do lifestyles.' It's doing my head in because I know it would help but I can't force him x] When he can finally manage to come back to my house (We live about 20 miles apart, and he had a relapse back in September so he can't go to far from his house) he'll have to eat primal while he's here though, so I'm hoping he gets better soon x]

GotD: When you have a brand new pullup bar and can't use it for a few days because you overdid it on the day it arrived. -_- God dammit, shoulders, recover already! I wasn't even on it for a minute! _

Comment

• challenge him to a "blood work up challenge" after a few months of his pb & j diet....maybe put some $$$ on it?

Comment

• Originally posted by stewie97 View Post
                                challenge him to a "blood work up challenge" after a few months of his pb & j diet....maybe put some $$$ on it?
                                I like this idea a lot. I just might do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X