Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onalark View Post

I am also pregnant. No one's been critical of my food choices, but only about six people know (and no one on this forum counts ).

I'll admit it's harder to be primal during this time because...I'm just sooo, sooo tired. We're moving and I'm working overtime and sometimes, tacos just sound soo, soo good. And not the good tacos. Oh no. The craptastic tacos you only get at midnight in a drive-thru. Those are the ones I want.
    Ooh congrats to you.

I'll bet it's damned hard to be primal while pregnant.

Try to take it easy whenever you can, i.e. stop working overtime - you deserve it!
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
      Ooh congrats to you.

I'll bet it's damned hard to be primal while pregnant.

Try to take it easy whenever you can, i.e. stop working overtime - you deserve it!
      Thanks, p-b! And would love to not work overtime...I think we're coming out of the last of it, and honestly, the money is good, so I can't complain too much....
      Steph
      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Speaking of pregnancy, I found this awesome, informative article yesterday on pregnancy and ketosis:

Ketosis is a complication of dehydration, and a lack of carbohydrates (or glucose) for energy in the body. It is the result of the abnormal accumulation of ketone bodies in the blood stream, body tissues and urine.

Ketosis happens when the muscles have little, or no, glucose for energy to be able to function efficiently. Once the glucose supply in the blood stream is depleted, the body starts to break down its fat stores for energy instead. This produces ketones, often causing a fever, body weakness and the muscles to function inefficiently, including the uterus.

In cases where the ketosis is prolonged, the condition can develop into 'ketoacidosis'. Ketoacidosis makes the person feel unwell and can damage their body organs. This is something that can occur for people who have uncontrolled diabetes.
        So make sure you eat those carbs in small meals every 15 minutes or GOD HELP YOU!! You could get a fever, body weakness, and even feel unwell!!
        Last edited by Gravyboat; 09-03-2012, 06:19 PM.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
          Speaking of pregnancy, I found this awesome, informative article yesterday on pregnancy and ketosis:

So make sure you eat those carbs in small meals every 15 minutes or GOD HELP YOU!! You could get a fever, body weakness, and even feel unwell!!
          I have at least one friend who was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and told to eat low carb by her doctor. When she did this, it caused her body to produce ketone bodies (because she drastically cut back her carb load) (because she had to) (BECAUSE SHE HAD GESTATIONAL DIABETES THAT THEY DIAGNOSED) and this in turn caused the doctors and nurses to "freak out" because they were afraid she would go into ketoacidosis (her words in regards to what they told her they thought).

This is just...frustrating. Catch 22 frustrating. Scare a pregnant lady FOR NO REASON frustrating. Grrrr.
          Steph
          My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by onalark View Post
            I have at least one friend who was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and told to eat low carb by her doctor. When she did this, it caused her body to produce ketone bodies (because she drastically cut back her carb load) (because she had to) (BECAUSE SHE HAD GESTATIONAL DIABETES THAT THEY DIAGNOSED) and this in turn caused the doctors and nurses to "freak out" because they were afraid she would go into ketoacidosis (her words in regards to what they told her they thought).

This is just...frustrating. Catch 22 frustrating. Scare a pregnant lady FOR NO REASON frustrating. Grrrr.
            And people wonder why I don't put ANY stock into what doctors say.

I wouldn't accept that level of idiocy in any other professional hired to fix my shit. Plumber, computer tech, mechanic, electrician, etc. If any of these professionals didn't understand the basic cause and effect of their own profession, and instead relied on trial/error and guesswork, and routinely gave you unresearched, "common sense" directions that fucked your shit up even worse, and then either shrugged and ended the appointment or blamed you for somehow fucking your own shit up/not actually doing what they told you, because their directions are unquestionably correct due to being repeated often, so obviously it couldn't be their fault... they wouldn't be getting paid. But that's what doctors do every day.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Instead of keeping my carbs from 50-100 for "weight-loss" i am now between 100-150 a day. I'm still perfecting the right balance of protein and fat to help with cravings.

today for example... I want that delicious Spicy Cashew Chicken over Rice from the cheesecake factory. I don't even want the cheesecake..
              Proud Bangmaid since August 2009

Comment

• I had breakfast on my trip at a restaurant. Nice omelet, cooked in butter. The "lighter side" menu item was granola, fruit and yogurt with a giant muffin. Fat free. Plenty of sugar though.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• 10 years ago (preprimal), I lived in america. And yes, the only 'healthy' eating option I could find was subway. I probably ate there 4 times a week.
                  Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                  5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                  Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                  TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                  bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• Well, my funny moment is the way I talk back to commercials.

Have any of you seen that awful commercial where the animals are talking about how they always have energy and are always, ahem, doing it? And the deer says "Maybe humans would be more human if they ate naturally!" And it shows a woman eating bran flakes or something. I was like, "What is natural about eating that crap? This be bullshite!" And my mom was like, "The TV can't hear you. I agree though." Ah, good times...
                    Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Yes, go and eat the contents of all the packets growing on the trees!

Here's my absolute classic for the day:
                      BBC News - Deep-fried Mars bars disowned by chocolate firm

The world would be a much less funny place if anyone at all at Mars had a sense of irony.

Comment

• I sort of regret never trying a deep fried mars bar, plenty of places do them here.
                        Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

• My vegan friend told me that I get mosquito bites because I eat animal products. She continued to say how because she is vegan that she doesn't get mosquito bites anymore.

However, she gets sunburned extremely easily, gets B vitamin shots regularly, and has rosacea on her face.
                          >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
                          >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
                          >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Comment

• This year's deep fried "goodness" at the Texas state fair: deep fried jambalaya and deep fried bacon cinnamon roll.
                            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I got on this e-mail list with "parenting" ideas (many of which make me *facepalm*) just because I wanted to win a contest for a super-cool stainless steel lunch container... I can't seem to unsub (despite numerous attempts, some code is broken or something), today's headline:

5 kid-approved cupcakeries!

*facepalm* I don't even know where to start with this one... I'll go with... I didn't realize cupcakeries got DISapproval from most kids (except, of course, the kids that don't really eat sweets). Usually the phrase "kid-tested" is applied to supposed health food (you know, Kix cereal, Ironkids bread [oops, I'm showing my age with that one], etc.)... right? *facewall*

Comment

• Ask them if eating dog shit is good for you, in moderation.
                                My dog thinks so. *puke*
                                Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Working...
                                X