No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing my shop today, by the deli section there's a shelf with a banner "fundraising for the hospitals" and below was chips and Pepsi and nothing else

then I walked past a girl who looked about 4 sitting in a trolley and she was trying to devour a toffee apple.

And at the cash register, the family behind me talking about how "there's confectionery in every aisle, trying to make us buy that stuff huh!?" in which they had brought like 5 apple pies, lots of bread, etc.

But the worst was yesterday, trying to convince someone that sugar has only been in our diets for the three hundred years or so. Then he said, "The ancient Egyptians used honey!"
    I gave up. I'm not going to bother trying to argue.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
      In the grocery store today, cruising through the baked goods aisle because The Boyfriend still eats bread. While I'm waiting for him to pick one, I see a loaf that is trying its best to look healthy. On the front, it says how it's better because, with added fiber and protein, it's going to keep you feeling full longer.

Added protein? In a loaf of bread?

I got a sneaking suspicion and checked the ingredients. Yep, added gluten. So I guess technically "added protein", but c'mon...
      Why add the protein when you can just eat it. Just goes to show even the big food companies know what they are peddling is shite!
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

In the grocery store today, cruising through the baked goods aisle because The Boyfriend still eats bread. While I'm waiting for him to pick one, I see a loaf that is trying its best to look healthy. On the front, it says how it's better because, with added fiber and protein, it's going to keep you feeling full longer.

I got a sneaking suspicion and checked the ingredients. Yep, added gluten. So I guess technically "added protein", but c'mon...
        Because if there's anything people need more of, it's gluten.
        "Don't waste your time, or time will waste you."

Comment

Ughhhh. I just had a miserable headache/nausea/extreme fatigue experience yesterday from drinking 12oz of beer, just because of the gluten. (I thought it would be okay -- it wasn't) The idea of high-gluten bread terrifies me.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Just a little gross.....

I went to the bathroom in walmart. From the toilet stall I hear the sounds of gastric distress. In a loud sick groaning voice the man says "Oh chalupa" "OHHHHHHH BURRITO!"
            Calorie Counter

Comment

• cow food.jpg

Saw this posted by my former sensei who has been brainwashed/errr...convinced by his wife that vegetarian is the way to be.

My response?
              I couldn't resist (sorry Sensei !)
              Umm...the ox has two stomachs... and....the grass eats what...fertilizer (manure???)
              I think I'll wait til the ox processes the grass for me =)
              "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Comment

• "CBS This Morning" had Dr William Davis on today, discussing Wheat Belly and how crappy wheat is for you.

The segment ended, The Boyfriend turned to me and said "He sounds like you".

Yep.
                Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by hulahoop View Post
                  A colleague of mine didn't know what a cucumber was....! I still can't get over that one!
                  A co-worker of mine thought that whipped cream was in the frozen food department and came in a "whipped topping" container. I told her to buy whipping cream and whip it for real whipped cream. Crickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                    Part of the reason I hate eating out now is because I know there's nothing good I can exchange my grain/potato side for. Hooray, freezer-burned vegetables that don't taste like actual vegetables, or a fruit cup that will knock me out of ketosis. For a while I started asking for a fried egg on the side, but I can taste the rancid oil they fried it in.. And the eggs themselves taste like crap compared to the farm eggs I'm used to. So basically the only thing I want to eat at restaurants is straight-up meat. And I can eat higher-quality, cheaper, and tastier meat at home. And I can eat it with real grassfed butter, as opposed to butter-flavored industrial oil. And eggs and vegetables that actually taste like eggs and vegetables.
                    You need to go somewhere with decent restaurants.

Comment

• Originally posted by orielwen View Post
                      You need to go somewhere with decent restaurants.
                      Oh, good idea! I don't know why I didn't think of that! I'll just pull a fistful of $100 bills out of my ass and go move to a better city and eat at better restaurants. I don't know what I was thinking what with being on fixed income and living within my means. I must be really dumb, choosing to eat at such crappy, affordable places!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                        I'll just pull a fistful of $100 bills out of my ass...
                        If you can pull a fistfull of $100 bills out of your ass, then I see us being good friends.
                        Durp.

Comment

• I've read the past 150 pages or so.. funny stuff, friends.

I'm pregnant and have occasionally fallen off our primal wagon, and when I discuss my desire to jump back on, all I hear is a chorus of
                          "you can't be on a diet anymore, not like that, you'll hurt the baby" *sigh* not a diet.
                          "he won't get the right nutrients" said over a vast plate of veggies.
                          "just have some oatmeal, it can't be that bad, it's only a few carbs" it tastes like paste, and last time i ate some, i swear i found a wood chip in it, completely inedible.

My favorite is when I get dirty looks for having some plain vanilla ice cream, but it's okay to eat toast and "healthy whole grain!"
                          Proud Bangmaid since August 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by PoisonApple View Post
                            I've read the past 150 pages or so.. funny stuff, friends.

I'm pregnant and have occasionally fallen off our primal wagon, and when I discuss my desire to jump back on, all I hear is a chorus of
                            "you can't be on a diet anymore, not like that, you'll hurt the baby" *sigh* not a diet.
                            "he won't get the right nutrients" said over a vast plate of veggies.
                            "just have some oatmeal, it can't be that bad, it's only a few carbs" it tastes like paste, and last time i ate some, i swear i found a wood chip in it, completely inedible.

My favorite is when I get dirty looks for having some plain vanilla ice cream, but it's okay to eat toast and "healthy whole grain!"
                            If you want to be hardcore about it, you could always carry around a breakdown of all the nutrients in a day of traditional primal eating versus an industrial diet. That'll shut 'em up.

I am also pregnant. No one's been critical of my food choices, but only about six people know (and no one on this forum counts ).

I'll admit it's harder to be primal during this time because...I'm just sooo, sooo tired. We're moving and I'm working overtime and sometimes, tacos just sound soo, soo good. And not the good tacos. Oh no. The craptastic tacos you only get at midnight in a drive-thru. Those are the ones I want.
                            Steph
                            My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Yeah I've realized that I should just keep it all to myself, failure and success. It's hard to fight the cravings and it just seems to get harder and harder. All I seem to want is either ice cream and pizza, or deli meat and cake. I'm glad my hubby is supportive and steers me in the right direction. But sometimes he's just as bad about staying on track.

Maybe I should just make a shirt... "No, I'm not killing my unborn baby by eating fat"
                              Proud Bangmaid since August 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by PoisonApple View Post
                                Yeah I've realized that I should just keep it all to myself, failure and success. It's hard to fight the cravings and it just seems to get harder and harder. All I seem to want is either ice cream and pizza, or deli meat and cake. I'm glad my hubby is supportive and steers me in the right direction. But sometimes he's just as bad about staying on track.

Maybe I should just make a shirt... "No, I'm not killing my unborn baby by eating fat"
                                Hell no. Even 15 years ago, when everyone in the family was eating Snackwell's and fat-free pasta, I remember my sister feeding her 8-month-old scrambled egg yolks and my mother chanting, "Babies need fat!"

My family -- smart in some ways, not smart in others.
                                Steph
                                My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Working...
                                X