No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C "W" - "What? Grains are bad for you??? Not whole grains right? Those are really good for you....."
    SW (207lbs) 8/1/2012
    CW (188lbs)
    Primal Since 8/1/2102

Bike commute to work 20 miles/day ~ rain, shine, or snow.

Comment

• I had an interesting exchange with a guardian of conventional wisdom last week.
      I met a coworker from our R&D group who has a doctorate in Food technology and nutrition. She likes to be called “Doctor” and when I met her she was pontificating to a couple other coworkers over a bottle of cheap Cabernet (we were all staying at the same hotel).
      The guys were listening to her like a prophet and she was giving them formulas for metabolism, BMI and all that good stuff..when the subject of overall nutrition came up, I stated that I had been primal since October and had given up grains, sugars and the like.
      Her reaction and actual words: “What a dumb ass! In a year your health will fail along with your kidneys.”
      It became quite a lively exchange and she was irritated when I questioned the validity of BMI and the standard food pyramid.
      She became really irate when I noted a couple of items that hit too close to home:
      Mr. primal dumb ass was 50 (We are essentially the same age but I look about 10 years younger), was net 30 pounds lighter than he had been, felt great, had not one incidence of acid reflux in 9 months, had great mojo, could spar with people 30 years his junior..and was in pretty good shape overall for someone whose health is failing.
      I also reminded her that incidentally, I was not the one with the cane nor was my liver likely to fail over numbing myself with too much cheap red.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott FM View Post
        I had an interesting exchange with a guardian of conventional wisdom last week.
        I met a coworker from our R&D group who has a doctorate in Food technology and nutrition. She likes to be called “Doctor” and when I met her she was pontificating to a couple other coworkers over a bottle of cheap Cabernet (we were all staying at the same hotel).
        The guys were listening to her like a prophet and she was giving them formulas for metabolism, BMI and all that good stuff..when the subject of overall nutrition came up, I stated that I had been primal since October and had given up grains, sugars and the like.
        Her reaction and actual words: “What a dumb ass! In a year your health will fail along with your kidneys.”
        It became quite a lively exchange and she was irritated when I questioned the validity of BMI and the standard food pyramid.
        She became really irate when I noted a couple of items that hit too close to home:
        Mr. primal dumb ass was 50 (We are essentially the same age but I look about 10 years younger), was net 30 pounds lighter than he had been, felt great, had not one incidence of acid reflux in 9 months, had great mojo, could spar with people 30 years his junior..and was in pretty good shape overall for someone whose health is failing.
        I also reminded her that incidentally, I was not the one with the cane nor was my liver likely to fail over numbing myself with too much cheap red.
        Tha Winner and Still Champeen!!!!!!! Mr.Primal Dumbass!!!!!!!

Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• went home to visit my family and of course im met with "omg you are too skinny your face is thin stop dieting dont lose any more yada yada. my sister actuallly stuck up for me she told them they were all just jealous lol. but what really shut them up was when i said "i would listen to all your concerns about my weight if back when i was 40 lbs over weight and SICK just one of yo haf said to see a doctor or watch what i am eating. but you were all silent and watchedmy heath deteriorate and now that i am healthy i am supposed to listen to you???" lol tha shut them up pretty quick. i mean really wgere was all their comments when i was unhealthy???? and i HATE to pull the whole 'they are just jealous' card but what else could it be?

Comment

• Weathergirl - that could be possibly the best ever response to CW I've read.

My favourite when told my face is too thin is to tell people theirs is too fat. Conversation killer if I ever seen one.
            Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

• The checkers at my grocery store know me on sight. Last Sunday, I wandered through with my usual stuff, plus more bread products than usual.
              "Eating more whole grains?"
              "White breads aren't exactly whole grain, but it's what my husband wanted."
              "Oh, I thought all flour was whole grain."
              "Eh, I don't eat grains anyways. My body doesn't like 'em."
              "Oh, but even white bread's better for you than no grains! You need them to keep your bowels moving!"
              *imaginary facepalm*
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Seen on another forum (a certain food tracking website) I frequent, a recipe for crispy doritos crusted chicken ¬_¬
                Ingredients for said item were:
                1 boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded thin, 3 oz.
                0.85 ounces of nacho cheese doritos, about 8-10 chips, crushed up.
                1 egg
                salt and pepper

I'm sure even CW has an opinion on that one

Comment

• Asked for no bun on a burger because I can't have wheat.

"Oh, we don't use wheat bread, it's white."

The girl in the back, at least, looked up and asked if it was an allergy.
                  Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• But it's FAT FREE!!!

Comment

• I was helping someone at work and saw they had The Paleo Solution on their desk. I got excited and just tapped it quickly and said, "Oh, good stuff!" She laughed and said, "Yeah, we'll see." ><

I hope it works out for her, if she tries to implement paleo. It would rock to have someone else eating similarly in the office. I didn't have time to say more, but if I had, I probably would have said, "I've been eating this way for over a year now and it's made a HUGE difference in my overall quality of living" or something awesomely gimmicky like that.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• My boss just jumped on me about how healthy grains are, and how my cholesterol is surely going to kill me, (even though I cited numbers). I replied with this:
                        ___
                        I’ll be happy to cite my sources (perhaps outside of work), but let me break it down with a simple question. What do you feed livestock to fatten them up? Grains (corn, wheat, soy)

Dogs get fat if they have grains in their food. They do not get fat on a high fat/high protein diet, and it’s not too far of a leap to think that maybe if we want to stay lean, grains needn’t be a huge part of our diet. The canine digestion system is the closest to human digestion system in the animal kingdom, and you yourself don’t feed your dogs grains. Now why is that?
                        ___

I'm waiting to hear a response.

Comment

• um... this isn't exactly CW, but the comment that was posted along with it on Facebook was... "just another reason to go veg!"

High price of corn forcing farmers to feed candy to livestock

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
                            um... this isn't exactly CW, but the comment that was posted along with it on Facebook was... "just another reason to go veg!"

It is disturbing that they are feeding them candy but it is even more disturbing that candy is a substitute for corn - anyone still trying to convince us that grains aren't bad for you and that they are not fattening?
                            Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                            PS
                            Don't forget to play!

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
                              um... this isn't exactly CW, but the comment that was posted along with it on Facebook was... "just another reason to go veg!"

Yep... salvage has been fed for a while now.
                              I've previously heard mostly of discarded cereals like frootloops and crap... chewing gum as well...
                              They will feed a "feed lot" steer anything they can get it to ingest that will add a pound to it's weight, they don't care it's it makes a good quality of meat/fat on the carcass or not.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Which just convinces me more to stick to grass-fed & grass-finished beef whenever possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X