No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw this in the Whole30 thread (this was linked in the article there): Rhode Island Hospital Study Finds Link Between Brain Insulin Resistance and Neuronal Stress in Worsening Alzheimer’s Disease

Sent it to my dad, since he has type 2 diabetes and is worried that he might one day develop Alzheimer's.

His response? "Oh, I'm taking a long-acting insulin drug so my diabetes is actually under control."

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Fat coworkers saying "everything is good for you in moderation"........

I got a little evangelical at that point, and have since decided i need to not discuss nutrition at work anymore.

Comment

• Ask them if eating dog shit is good for you, in moderation.
        Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

• Ask them if eating dog shit is good for you, in moderation.
          Actually... my dog does that and it keeps him on the thin side as he always has a case of round worms to get rid of.

So in the interest of weight loss, a small amount of dog shit maybe beneficial.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• I can just see the Daily Mail tomorrow... Forget the toast diet, try the shite diet for a simple weight loss solution.
            Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

• A coworker was concerned for me yesterday after I mentioned that I only eat two meals a day, and explained IF. She gave me the "you have to eat breakfast to jumpstart your metabolism." This was less than 30 seconds after she noticed that I've lost 40 pounds. I replied that, well, no, clearly my metabolism is working just fine, thank you. She sighed and said that she just needs something she can stick with, and then asked me where to get started on Paleo. I am actually pretty proud.

Comment

• Originally posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
                I can just see the Daily Mail tomorrow... Forget the toast diet, try the shite diet for a simple weight loss solution.
                ALREADY OUT THERE BRO!

Phentermine.org – Phentermine Informational Blog » Want to Lose Weight? How About Fecal Transplant
                "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Co-worker - so much have you lost, hulahoop?

Me- 30lb on primal in 14 weeks (gives brief overview of primal)

Co-worker - wow that's really good. I've been trying to lose weight for a while but the scales are budging. It's getting me down. Mind you, i couldn't do what you do, cut major food groups out. I'd miss my bread far too much. And i can't resist when the biscuits come round. How do you do it?

Me - well you would if things were giving you migraines...

Co-worker - maybe i just need to start going to the gym every night after work...

Comment

• Picking up supplies while camping in Yellowstone when I noticed in big bold letters on a bag of marshmallows
                    Gluten Free
                    Fat Free
                    All Natura
                    l
                    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                    PS
                    Don't forget to play!

Comment

• Walking through the cafe, I saw that the yogurt machine flavor of the day was "Berries n' Cream -- NON-FAT".

That's a hell of a trick.
                      Steph
                      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• My dad asked why I eat so much bad fats. I asked him why animal fats are bad. He replied "yeah I don't know, that's just how it is"
                        well then

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post

So in the interest of weight loss, a small amount of dog shit maybe beneficial.
                          Ha

Comment

• Read this answer from a poster on another board... the question was "Are Grains Bad for You?" I love this answer and will use it in the future so I will NOT have to debate my eating habits.

There is no set right or wrong. I am primal, been for over a month now per personal reasons. I wouldn't try to change anyone's mind on how they eat, my suggestion is try things for yourself and see what makes u feel good at the end of the day.
                            It makes me sad that people are trying hard to do the right thing but failing because they have the wrong information.
                            Without question, bacon is the most interesting meat in the world, and if it were capable of original thought, we wouldn't even be having an election this November in America. We would simply appoint bacon as our forever leader and live dutifully under its rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
                              My dad asked why I eat so much bad fats. I asked him why animal fats are bad. He replied "yeah I don't know, that's just how it is"
                              We're MADE of animal fat, FFS--and red meat. And anyone who adopts a hypocaloric diet, however low-fat or rigorously veg*n, is by definition drawing almost the whole bloody deficit straight from those two sources.

Why these facts fail to create more cognitive dissonance for the zombie hordes who drone on about how bad, bad, baaaad!! it all is, I'll never understand.
                              6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
                              ― Søren Kierkegaard

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                                Picking up supplies while camping in Yellowstone when I noticed in big bold letters on a bag of marshmallows
                                Gluten Free
                                Fat Free
                                All Natura
                                l
                                Yes, but, if you're camping....you gotta get marshmallows. Its sacrilegious not to ;D

Although I do wish they came in smaller bags, cause yeah I just want to roast and enjoy a couple. But noooooo, I always find myself finishing most of the bag by myself xP
                                "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

Working...
                                X