No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice! Did he have any sort of coherent response to that?

(Also -- sounds delicious!)
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• He shrugged and went back to his burger.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
        Speaking as someone who happily downed endless bowls of white rice and plain pasta... it is possible to actually love it by itself. Or with salt. And yes, sometimes I would eat the topping (salt) and skip the pasta.

I'm sure you're right in the vast majority of cases, though!
        I did enjoy the taste of pasta but not plain. I always went light on the sauces so it wouldn't obscure the taste of the pasta, though. Now rice is another matter. I could eat bowls of basmati just on it's own. If they made a perfume that smelled like basmati, I'd bathe in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
          Speaking as someone who happily downed endless bowls of white rice and plain pasta... it is possible to actually love it by itself. Or with salt.
          +1
          Which is why I simply cannot have either of them in the house - can't be trusted with them. Yet. Well - if ever. Quite proud of myself that I've managed to stay away from them for so long. (Plenty of pork chops and butter have helped with that. )
          I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• pasta isn't quite as addictive for me, but it is really grand seasoned with butter, salt and parmesan cheese. white rice, otoh, is quite tempting, especially with butter (whereas butter all by itself isn't as tempting). i used to eat it every day as a kid when staying with my (very overweight vegetarian) babysitter. they'd offer tofu concoctions and other soy-based crap (never real food), but all i would eat was the minute rice with margarine.
            Last edited by Saoirse; 03-10-2011, 08:18 AM.
            my primal journal:
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• minute rice with margarine and creamed corn here.
              Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• Poor man's rice pudding here: cold steamed rice, milk, nuke until hot. Sugar and cinnamon optional.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Sticky rice, short grain white rice or brown rice for me - plain or with a little soy sauce and olive oil. I'm still having some once a week at this point, but I get it out. I can't bring a bag into the house or it'll be game over for me.
                  "Fry cracked corn, and I don't care. Leela cracked corn, I still don't care. Bender cracked corn, and he is great! Take that you stupid corn." - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Comment

• I used to love making risotto - I think it's the mouth-feel of the rice combined with the flavour of all the other ingredients that made me shovel it away. I don't have a problem not eating it now, but I love having sushi every once in a while.

Comment

• Growing up in India I used to love eating plain hot white rice mixed with coconut oil, salt and pepper. Oh so good! I guess at least I got the coconut oil part right

Comment

• My best friend is a major carbivore, so on sunday as we were doing our weekly walk and talking about food(as you do) I challenged her to go no-grain for at least 3 days.
                        Monday afternoon she posted a status on facebook. It said: 'COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKIES'
                        -facepalm-
                        I commented with a jokey 'FAIL!!' She replies: 'Coookies dont count in that! Well it doesn't matter I've failed it already so look at my caring face>>>>>>>>>>>> '
                        I can't even facepalm that.
                        -headdesk-
                        Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• Originally posted by Metismomma View Post
                          minute rice with margarine and creamed corn here.
                          Good god, I LOVED creamed corn as a kid.... what is in it, I wonder--cream and corn? or other nasties? either way, I used to love canned cream corn. and canned peaches.
                          Life consists with wildness. The most alive is the wildest. (Thoreau)

Comment

• I overheard this little girl talking with her father at the store today:

"Do you want ice cream?"
                            "No, I don't like ice cream."
                            "Do you want pie?"
                            "I don't like pie."
                            "Do you want cheesecake?"
                            "No, I had it and I didn't like it, and why do they call it cheesecake?"

It turned out that she did like waffles, but it's still nice to see a kid who doesn't seem to be crazy about sugar.

Comment

• Originally posted by sibylsybil View Post
                              Good god, I LOVED creamed corn as a kid.... what is in it, I wonder--cream and corn? or other nasties? either way, I used to love canned cream corn. and canned peaches.
                              When my dad used to make it he'd just take corn and grind it off the cob with a special tool similar to a cheese grater and add sugar too it... I would imagine the canned stuff is just corn and sugar, or maybe HFCS

Comment

• I can eat plain rice or pasta....especially with butter. When I did theater I used to eat a huge bowl of plain pasta right before a show. It seemed easiest to digest and no bad breath from it.
                                MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

Working...
                                X