No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• » Recipe: Creamy Coconut “Get Some” Ice Cream (Paleo friendly) The Bulletproof Executive

"About an hour after eating this special blend of high fat awesomeness, your body gets a signal that says, 'I am in a land of plenty,' which translates, in evolution-speak to, 'It is time to mate. NOW.' Women in particular are most impacted by this side effect of ice cream, but it also works on men. I’ve shared this recipe with enough people to be pretty sure I’m not just making this up."

You're welcome. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by tstein13 View Post

Side note: Said co-worker is a big advocate for Weight Watchers, one of the biggest scams in the diet industry. I would rather get fat than worry about counting points and calories day in and day out. That is no way to live or eat.

+1
      " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

- Vincent Van Gogh

Primal Since January 2011

Comment

• Im watching a Modern Marvels episode on Hulu about frying and frying tech. Like all modern marvel episodes, its absolutely fascinating, but they keep talking about how all these old techniques that used lard and tallow are being replaced with "healthy" veggie oils. The last straw that finally brought me here to bitch was them interviewing a woman whos a production manager at a factory that fries tortilla chips and shes standing there with a huge grin on her face bragging about the high content of mono and poly unsaturated fats in the blended veggie-based oils that they use and im like
        "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Gravyboat;903397]Amen. That's precisely why I never tried very hard to lose weight even though I was really fat: Counting calories and obsessing about food seemed like it would completely suck the joy out of life, and I refused to turn something I enjoyed (eating delicious food) into a daily punishment.

Amen squared! Just posted this morning about this. Recently gained back (for a myriad of reasons) the 15 pounds I lost back in 2010 eating primally. Even though I KNOW BETTER, I tried calorie counting for about three weeks. Nearly drove myself crazy and found myself obsessing about food, a problem I have never had before. And what did I get for my grief? A pathetic 1.5 pound loss and a whole lot of madness. Now, my sanity has returned and I'm back to a primal lifestyle. And even though I have only about 10 pounds to lose, the weight/inches is melting off. More importantly, I'm not feeling all crazy about food.

Comment

• CW doesnt just extend to humans.

whenever I take my dog to the vets they're always pushing all these vet sponsored dog food and biscuits. I hate feeding my dog 'dog food' and prefer to feed them meaty offcuts from the butcher or chicken necks etc. when i do buy the dog food, especially the biscuits, my dogs stomachs swelk up like a balloon and my female gets sick this stuff is clearly not good for them.
            My Journal

Comment

• And PB helps the dogs too. We've switched our dogs to a grain free diet and our older dog's arthritis has improved dramatically. Just be careful about raw food, particularly if you let your dog lick you (and what dog owner worth her salt doesn't): you can get samanella that way!

Comment

• At the store tonight, whilst buying chicken legs - cashier asks "do you need to bread those before you bake them?"

The horror! They were quite fabulous with a maple/rosemary glaze.

Comment

• "I think I need to go vegan again." said by someone I know, when she was feeling exhausted and run-down

Comment

• there is a "lunch and learn" happening at my office today, where an "expert" on holistic health is coming in to chat to people about taking care of yourself.
                    the lunch part of this lunch and learn just arrived at reception [my desk] so I had a peek. a plate of giant cookies with a bunch of wrapped candies thrown in, a huge tray of sandwiches and a bag full of cans of pop. oh, and I also see a big nasty dip with a bunch of crisp flatbread to dip in.

tooooootally healthy!
                    it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up

Comment

• let me just add that I am not attending this lunch and learn seminar, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by jesssa View Post
                        let me just add that I am not attending this lunch and learn seminar, lol.
                        You should go sometime and sit there the entire time gnawing on a juicy, fatty, bone-in ribeye steak.
                        "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• To be fair, the holistic health person might not have ordered that lunch--it could easily be the person from the office who set up the seminar who selected the food choices.
                          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                            To be fair, the holistic health person might not have ordered that lunch--it could easily be the person from the office who set up the seminar who selected the food choices.
                            oh, no, wasn't anything against him, that was a knock on the person who coordinated the seminar! quite contradicting in my opinion.
                            funny related story, I was in the lunchroom when they brought all of the leftover crap in after the seminar, wraps and sandwiches galore. one guy says to me, oh, have something, there is lots left! there are veggie wraps, you like those don't you... cause you're a vegetarian?
                            I said, no, it's ok thank you I brought my lunch today. and no, I'm not a vegetarian.
                            and he said, oh I just assumed since you seem to be into all that health stuff

huh?

Comment

• Lol. I got that one *again* this weekend from a friend of mine who is a vegetarian. We were hanging out for brunch at a friend's place and my veg friend was late, so to tease him, I said I had eaten the last piece of bacon so there was none for him. Later on, we were chatting and he said something about me being vegetarian, and I laughed and said I was anything but! He looked shocked--he thought when I was joking about the bacon, it was because I hadn't really eaten it. What I meant was that I *had* eaten it, but it's not like he was going to eat it anyhow.

I think it has to do with being health-conscious and eating in a way that people find unusual. Also, primal folks tend to focus a lot on eating fresh, whole foods, and I think people conflate all of those things with "vegetarian" even when they've seen you chow down on meat on several occasions.
                              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Occasionally I'll notice you Americans bashing the government for the recommended daily allowances over there. I've never bothered checking before but I noticed it on something when I went to the fridge so figured I'd take a look.

European GDA's It appears europeans have banded together for our guidelines.

For a man:
                                Protein 55g
                                Carbs 300g
                                Fat 95g

So two thirds of my diet should be carbs

I'm not anti-carb at all, but that is a huge proportion. It gets better when you look beyond the macronutrients (I mean fat was a low amount because Ancell Keys showed us fat was bad and the remaining calories have to come from somewhere so they've upped the carbs obviously)

Sugars 120g. That's right of my 300g of carbs 120g should be sugars. So my diet should be higher in sugar than in protein or fat. I knew there was a reason I ignored the guideline amount on labels and just looked at the actual amounts in them.

Comment

Working...
                                X