No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol I know I wanted some ice cream and I looked at the "no sugar added" stuff. I didn't know that meant "a bunch of alcohols and sugar substitutes added" why can't they just make a less sweet ice cream?!?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by weathergirl View Post
      Lol I know I wanted some ice cream and I looked at the "no sugar added" stuff. I didn't know that meant "a bunch of alcohols and sugar substitutes added" why can't they just make a less sweet ice cream?!?!?!
      I'm so with you. I guess it's the old adage, though: If you want something done right you have to do it yourself. I'm sure once some company wises up that we want a less carby ice cream that still only has 5 ingredients, someone will produce it. But I guarantee it'll only be in specialty grocery stores. Stupid CW.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
        I'm so with you. I guess it's the old adage, though: If you want something done right you have to do it yourself. I'm sure once some company wises up that we want a less carby ice cream that still only has 5 ingredients, someone will produce it. But I guarantee it'll only be in specialty grocery stores. Stupid CW.
        Yeah and it will be 20$ a gallon lol. I will have to invest in an ice cream machine or something haha. But Grrr ice cream is seriously my vice!

Back to my boss though, I was just thinking, isn't it messed up that even if she was doing that stupid arugula diet, that she was teaching her kids that its ok to basically starve yourself and throw away half of your food!!!!?????!!!!! Wtf is that?!?!?!?!?! It makes me mad now that I think about it like that. Way to prime your pre-pubescent girls on healthy eating.

Comment

Yeah and it will be 20$ a gallon lol. I will have to invest in an ice cream machine or something haha. But Grrr ice cream is seriously my vice!
          Me tooooo.

Back to my boss though, I was just thinking, isn't it messed up that even if she was doing that stupid arugula diet, that she was teaching her kids that its ok to basically starve yourself and throw away half of your food!!!!?????!!!!! Wtf is that?!?!?!?!?! It makes me mad now that I think about it like that. Way to prime your pre-pubescent girls on healthy eating.
          Yeah, that's really fucked up. What about that even sounds healthy? Like, even to a CW person. Maybe you can ask if she wants some meal plans/recipes since she's doing what you're doing now? Like, nice and easy, no guilt. Just "Here! Have some easy and tasty recipes that'll make it easier to meet your weight loss goal! Smiley face!" I mean, she would be dumb not to use your expertise.

Comment

• This morning one coworker brought donuts and another brought bagels. Jokes were made about making a sandwich with a donut in the middle and someone said, "Might as well add bacon too."

Face palm.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
              OMG... I am gagging!
              It makes me sad that people are trying hard to do the right thing but failing because they have the wrong information.
              Without question, bacon is the most interesting meat in the world, and if it were capable of original thought, we wouldn't even be having an election this November in America. We would simply appoint bacon as our forever leader and live dutifully under its rule.

Comment

• Ice cream hounds, all you need to do is invest in this. Sometimes the warehouse stores carry them for around $35.

Basic delicious ice cream recipe is cream, milk, sugar, vanilla. You can certainly play with recipes using Primal ingredients - maybe substituting something for the sugar, or reducing the amount of sugar but allowing some as a "cheat."

I made a crazy honkin' good ice cream last month with rhubarb from my garden that I simmered into a compote with a sprig of rosemary (removed when the rhubarb was added into the liquid base, using heavy cream and goat's milk. Sounds weird, but it was eyeball rolling good. Basically, whatever crazy experiment you do, the result will be better in terms of ingredients (if not flavor) than 99.9999% of ice cream you can buy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                  Ice cream hounds, all you need to do is invest in this. Sometimes the warehouse stores carry them for around $35.
                  I actually went on a quest earlier this year to find a relatively cheap all-metal hand-crank unit since I don't buy plastic or appliances. (Okay, aside from my avocado green vintage Sunbeam hand mixer that I found at the thrift store for $8. That is an exception.) Anyway, them shits is expensive. Or, rather, I'm just really poor. When I eventually break down and make ice cream, I will probably just use good old-fashioned rock salt and ice. Probably won't be as perfect as fancy newfangled contraption ice cream, but I kick it oldschool (and cheap).

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                    I actually went on a quest earlier this year to find a relatively cheap all-metal hand-crank unit since I don't buy plastic or appliances. (Okay, aside from my avocado green vintage Sunbeam hand mixer that I found at the thrift store for $8. That is an exception.) Anyway, them shits is expensive. Or, rather, I'm just really poor. When I eventually break down and make ice cream, I will probably just use good old-fashioned rock salt and ice. Probably won't be as perfect as fancy newfangled contraption ice cream, but I kick it oldschool (and cheap).
                    I'm a minimalist cook, don't like single-usage appliances, but the ice cream maker is a worthwhile exception IMO.

Comment

I'm a minimalist cook, don't like single-usage appliances, but the ice cream maker is a worthwhile exception IMO.
                      To fix it being a single-use appliance, just make sure you make icecream at least twice. *shrug*
                      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                        To fix it being a single-use appliance, just make sure you make icecream at least twice. *shrug*
                        Funny girl. You know what I mean: food processor can do lots of tasks; coffee maker only does one, but I needs my coffee. Ice cream maker may be my only other single-purpose appliance...

Comment

• Yes I'm too cheap/poor to buy a new appliance lol. I might look into a cheap one though. It might save money over time making it myself. However there is a little old fashioned dairy in town that sells milk cheese and eggs and home made ice cream!!!! It's the best its ap good. It's where I get all my dairy products from and they serve it all in glass bottles its great. So if I buy an ice cream machine I have very little reason to go there for ice cream haha

Comment

• There are a bunch of farms up your way that look pretty interesting, Weathergirl. I remember when I started sourcing direct from farms I checked out eatwild.com, and I remembered seeing a number of farms in the SC area.

Comment

Yes I'm too cheap/poor to buy a new appliance lol. I might look into a cheap one though. It might save money over time making it myself. However there is a little old fashioned dairy in town that sells milk cheese and eggs and home made ice cream!!!! It's the best its ap good. It's where I get all my dairy products from and they serve it all in glass bottles its great. So if I buy an ice cream machine I have very little reason to go there for ice cream haha
                              put ice cream mixings into one ziplock bag

put that bag into a bigger ziplock bag with ice and salt

shake it to death

et voila! icey cream
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

coffee maker only does one, but I needs my coffee.
                                I actually have a manual dripolator and it works wonderfully. It only requires one extra step (boiling the water first in a separate pot so you can pour it in the top). Not bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X