Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
    Argh! I saw that before, a while back, and I felt so bad for her. I kept wanting to scream out "Please! Have a steak instead! It's easier and you'll feel so much better!"
    Watching that I just wanted to cry for her...

Comment

• Originally posted by pqljdpaj
      I don't eat any animal products, fast food, or sugar. I don't drink soda, or anything, Tea's ok but no sugar. Mostly Water. A normal day I eat a banana for breakfast, a slice of watermelon for lunch & a salad with no dressing for dinner. With about 8 cups of water. I also take oxy elite pro and a multivitamin, and work out at least once a day, and walk to the park at least once a day
      Hmm, take out the crap (the oxy elite pro and probably the multivitamin), add some balsamic and EVO to the salad and that entire day of food could be an entree for me on the days that I have breakfast.

Comment

• Holy shit that macaroni salad looks disgusting.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Study: Movies that show cigs should earn an automatic 'R'

I love the last line.
          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• So I forgot my lunch and stopped to get a Smoothie. I am tired of getting sick off of chicken.

I ended up with banana, strawberry, water and almond butter.

Of course the only yogurt was non-fat frozen...with sugar. The only milk was soy. The only protein was soy. Le sigh. SOY. I just wanted some full fat greek yogurt. She kept assuring me everything was LOW FAT. I told her I don't eat soy "But it's low fat". I finally told her I had a soy allergy. And they could not produce an ingredient list for the yogurt, but I was assured LOW FAT. And I think they only put like a teaspoon of almond butter in my smoothie... to keep it LOW FAT.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
            Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
              While that recipe is quite atrocious, I found her labored breathing to be the most disturbing aspect of the video. So sad to watch her slowly kill herself.

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                So I forgot my lunch and stopped to get a Smoothie. I am tired of getting sick off of chicken.

I ended up with banana, strawberry, water and almond butter.

Of course the only yogurt was non-fat frozen...with sugar. The only milk was soy. The only protein was soy. Le sigh. SOY. I just wanted some full fat greek yogurt. She kept assuring me everything was LOW FAT. I told her I don't eat soy "But it's low fat". I finally told her I had a soy allergy. And they could not produce an ingredient list for the yogurt, but I was assured LOW FAT. And I think they only put like a teaspoon of almond butter in my smoothie... to keep it LOW FAT.
                Don't you just feel like snapping, Excuse me, but FUCK LOW FAT... Why do you keep saying those words?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                  are we making a dessert or a side-dish here?
                  lol
                  " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

- Vincent Van Gogh

Primal Since January 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by primalasfuck View Post
                    While that recipe is quite atrocious, I found her labored breathing to be the most disturbing aspect of the video. So sad to watch her slowly kill herself.
                    her later videos had her making 'healthier' recipes. i tried searching for her a few times to see if she had any updates but she disappeared into the internets as far as i can tell
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

• girl, eating 0% fat yogurt in the lunch room: mmm I love this stuff, Greek yogurt is so good
                      me, eating 10% mf yogurt in the lunch room: I agree! this kind is my favourite!
                      girl: ohhhh... but doesn't it taste gross with all the fat in it?
                      Last edited by jesssa; 07-13-2012, 11:45 AM.
                      it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up

Comment

• Originally posted by jesssa View Post
                        girl, eating 0% fat yogurt in the lunch room: mmm I love this stuff, Greek yogurt is so good
                        me, eating 10% mf yogurt in the unch room: I agree!this kind is my favourite!
                        girl: ohhhh... but doesn't it taste gross with all the fat in it?
                        Nooo... but it tastes pretty darn gross when they take it all OUT!
                        And then make it really hard to find the good stuff.
                        Damned 'Americanization' of foods.
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Not sure if this is a CW moment but didn't want to make a new thread

Was in the supermarket today and saw 'bacon pieces'. They basically looked like crispy bits of bacon. Looked at the ingredients, NO BACON IN IT AT ALL. It was made from Soy and vegetable gum with 'flavouring'. What??! It wasn't even in the vegetarian section where all that weird fake food is.

If people want bacon flavoured food, BUY BACON
                          My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Hanlon View Post
                            Not sure if this is a CW moment but didn't want to make a new thread

Was in the supermarket today and saw 'bacon pieces'. They basically looked like crispy bits of bacon. Looked at the ingredients, NO BACON IN IT AT ALL. It was made from Soy and vegetable gum with 'flavouring'. What??! It wasn't even in the vegetarian section where all that weird fake food is.

If people want bacon flavoured food, BUY BACON
                            That's what most store-bought bacon bits are. Flavored soy bits. That stuff was around when I was a kid. You have to look hard for the "real bacon" bacon bits, but even those have some scary ingredients. Way easier to just make my own with my nitrate-free stuff.

Comment

• Ok so I have a funny CW moment. I'm a nanny, and my boss was asking about my diet and how I lost the weight. She is a very intelligent woman and we had a really lengthy convo about primal and how bad grains and sugar and legumes are. And also about gluten and stuff. She mentioned she would like to lose a few lbs herself. She isn't overweight, but just average. So the kids tell me a few days later "mommy went on a diet" and I'm like oh yeah? And they are like "yeah she is only eating arugula for lunch and snacks and a lean cuisine for dinner. But she is throwing away half of the lean cuisine and filling it with arugula." Wtf?!?!?!;!;! My mind was boggled at this point but of course I just said oh ok cuz I'm not gonna freak out the kids. And then a few days later I notice she had some gluten free granola bars and gluten free cookies in the cabinet and I asked the girls why they had gluten free food and they said "mommy is gluten free now too just like you! " I'm like "oh no does mommy have celiac too?" And they said " no. She saw an accupuncture guy and he told her to stay away from wheat sugar and soy and legumes." I'm like "oh wow I coulda told her that for free!" They were like "we know chels, you have said that for a long time" haha. Kids are so cute. I felt like telling her that gluten free junk food is still junk food but its not my place and none of my business really. But dang people are so blind sometimes!!!!

Comment

• Weathergirl: For. Real.

I told my dad I've been having super bad sugar cravings lately and he suggested I check out Breyers CarbSmart ice cream because that's what he eats.

"Ingredients: Milk, Skim Milk, Cream, Sorbitol, Polydextrose, Whey, Glycerine, Natural Flavor, Cellulose Gel, Propylene Glycol Monoesters, Mono And Diglycerides, Cellulose Gum, Carob Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Sucralose (Splenda ® Brand), Acesulfame Potassium, Carrageenan."

Uh yeah. No. Thanks, but..... No.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

Working...
                                X