Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
    So anti histamines are stupid pills, in this particular instance. That would explain that one guy that never even got to be an ex.
    Oh man this explains so much why my memory is shot. I wish I could be off these pills [dermographia].

Comment

• Originally posted by Lilyheart View Post
      Oh man this explains so much why my memory is shot. I wish I could be off these pills [dermographia].
      Holy cow, another unlucky person with dermographism/dermographia. I just got off my antihistamines last fall, after taking them daily for 15+ years. And yes my brain feels much better now. hope you can also get off of them.

Guess that's an old CW story. Last fall I was at the doctor's office, and I mentioned that I no longer had the hives & itching (and drawings on my skin lol) so stopped taking my antihistamine. I told him by avoiding wheat I was able to keep it under control. He asked "what's the problem with taking the medicine? Why wouldn't you just take it daily & not worry about it?" Um, how about because I don't want to take pills every day, not knowing what other long term effects they could have. Oh, and how about just treating a symptom instead of finding out why my skin is inflamed all the time? Ugh.
      Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jen AlcesAlces View Post
        Holy cow, another unlucky person with dermographism/dermographia. I just got off my antihistamines last fall, after taking them daily for 15+ years. And yes my brain feels much better now. hope you can also get off of them.

Guess that's an old CW story. Last fall I was at the doctor's office, and I mentioned that I no longer had the hives & itching (and drawings on my skin lol) so stopped taking my antihistamine. I told him by avoiding wheat I was able to keep it under control. He asked "what's the problem with taking the medicine? Why wouldn't you just take it daily & not worry about it?" Um, how about because I don't want to take pills every day, not knowing what other long term effects they could have. Oh, and how about just treating a symptom instead of finding out why my skin is inflamed all the time? Ugh.
        Hey Jen! How long after going wheat free did your hives stop? I try here and there not taking the pills and it's always still there I used to not be able to go a day without pills. Now I can go about two or three but the hives always come back (gawd do they itch like madness).

Comment

• Hi Lilyheart! It took several months, almost a year I think. I started cutting wheat out in the summer/fall of 2010, and also tried to go off the pills every month or two, but by day three was back on them. It was September 2011 that I made it a week or two... Then I had wheat (by accident) and took the pills for one day then went off again.

I admit there were small amounts during that time (not being picky with sauces, and occasional piece of birthday cake, etc) but overall avoided wheat. Even now, if I cheat with a piece of cake I'm ok, but if I eat more than that it comes back - but it's more bearable & it goes away without pills.

I really hope you're able to find relief. It may sound like a silly problem to some people (my sister used to write her name all over me when I was a kid ) but it's really a crappy thing to deal with. Good luck!
          Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by oorewayunc
            They said they way a horse's mouth works is once they open and begin to close they can't open again until they first close their teeth all the way, that it helps them rip up grass more easily. I have no idea if that's true but it does make sense and I can promise you, horse bites hurt like the dickens.
            You know many ancient cultures used ritual sex with horses to consecrate people. I'm guessing they avoided blowjobs.
            In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
              You know many ancient cultures used ritual sex with horses to consecrate people. I'm guessing they avoided blowjobs.
              That's a spambot there, just sayin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Tigerfeet View Post
                That's a spambot there, just sayin'
                What, so spambots don't have sex with horses? That's racist.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Son of a gun. That's ANOTHER reason I need to get out of this job. Losing my eyesight (computer), losing my hearing (headphones), gaining my ass (stress+ desk job) and now the anti-histomines for my indoor allergies that have happened since I worked here?! FML

Well, more to the point, fuck theirs.
                  http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Drink these as a challenge in college.

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                    My parents DID give me soda to wash my ritalin down. And those horrible little orange and purple plastic mexican barrels with foil tops and sugar water that burned my throat. Sort of like these:
                    *I know this is an older post

In college the local brand of these drinks was "Little Rainbows", and they had standing challenge on campus to drink as many as possible. You had to do atleast 1 every minute and had to keep it down for an hour. The record was like 13. They are pure evil.

Comment

• This is an exchange between my neighbor and myself. The neighbor is always attempting to loose weight in CW ways.

Me: How are you?
                      Neighbor: Good. Just going for a run.
                      Me: Oh, I thought you really hated running?
                      Neighbor: Yes, very much! But they say its what you have to do to loose weight!
                      Me: We (the hubby and myself) switched to primal eating, no wheat or sugar and walking and he's lost 20 lbs.
                      Neighbor: What no pasta, bread, candy or ice cream!! *shocked face* I could never do that!
                      Me: Ok, have fun on your run? *sighs and head shake*

Comment

• We visited my parents-in-law on Sunday. Explained our change in diet. Mother-in-law asked about saturated fat; we said our piece. She seemed sceptical. Then came the meal; a lovely piece of free-range roast pork. We passed on the baked potatoes and ate the carrots and swede, pig, crackling and pig juice. Offered her the last piece of crackling. She refused; 'I still have to lose three pounds'. Then took a second potato. Then another half potato. Then the other half of the potato. And two helpings of lemon meringue pie.

She'd have been better off with the crackling. (I honestly think when she was helping herself to potatoes she was actually after the butter she was spreading on them.)

Comment

• So, I'm taking the Emergency Medical Technician course for the state of Maryland. In our manual it states:

"Dealing With Stress
                          Lifestyle Changes
                          There are several ways to deal with stress. They are called lifestyle changes:
                          *Develop more healthful and positive dietary habits. Avoid fatty foods and increase your carbohydrate intake. Also reduce your consumption of alcohol and caffeine, which can have negative effects, including an increase in stress and anxiety and disturbance of sleep patterns."

Gah. CW crap.

And I'm supposed to be rescuing people?
                          The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                          Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                          Pope John Paul II

Comment

• Ah, so THAT'S why women are so much smarter than men! Multiple orgasms!
                            If you're smarter, how come you're doing all the work now?
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                              If you're smarter, how come you're doing all the work now?
                              No, no, no. I'm well taken care of!

I have a job (so does he) and do the cooking, but my honey does pretty much eveything else. He's wonderful!
                              Durp.

Comment

• Yeah, I guess I fail on that too. She gets me to do a ton of stuff for her. And I work just as much. I just felt compelled to say something, even though it fell flat, at least I didn't let it go entirely.
                                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                                X