No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few weeks ago I was at a BBQ hosted where the guests all work at my hospital in the education department. Among the guests there was a dietician with a squishy middle, a life long vegetarian male who was short, and a life long vegetarian female who was obese. To accommodate their dietary issues there was garlic bread ( all of the above had 2 slices) quinoa salad, fruit salad, green salad with tofu, potato salad, chicken kabobs chutney sauce (served separately) (for the non vege heads), and brownies and tarts for dessert. The topic of conversation that excited them the most was their planning of a cupcake tasting party, but they balked at one suggestion of the chocolate-bacon cupcake they had heard about.

I had 5 chicken skewers with a dab of chutney, and green salad sans tofu. I contributed nothing to the cupcake discussion (other than my unspoken disdain and eye rolls)

How I would love to go to a primal BBQ.

Mommymd
    --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Comment

• Well, we've moved on a bit, but as for helicopter parents when I was younger I had a friend that I played with all the time. She had two older brothers and a younger sister and lived in a very small house. Her mother would kick us out to play and tell us that we better not come back unless there was "blood, vomit, or visible bone." Yeah, no helicopter parents there. Best playmate ever.

Comment

• I've been watching old seasons of Biggest Loser and at the end of each episode it recommends to viewers to consult their doctor before starting a new diet/exercise regime. funny because, in our opinion, most medical doctors know diddly squat about nutrition and exercise

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
          qfmft!!!
          Quit effing my effing t*ts? That statement imparts far too much information about your personal life, quelly.
          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• marshmallow fluff to replace butter?

...unholy abomination, zomgwtfbbq
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

• This afternoon all the people in the nearest vicinity was hovering around the m&m's and cupcakes in the cubicle next to mine. And complaining about how they couldn't resist. Sucks for them.
              My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• I can't remember the last time I was tempted by anything other than real, delicious food.
                I wish I liked to eat liver.

Comment

• From the "You Can't Make This S**t Up" Department...

In the paper this morning came word that the Board of Education in one of the area towns was changing its "birthday snacks" policy. Cupcakes and cookies were already apparently a no-no, but, in order to ensure "healthier" and allergen-free snacks, they would now be restricted to items to be purchased (!) from the school's cafeteria. What are these items, you ask?

Cool Daze low fat birthday cake ice cream cup, Cutie Pie apple fruit turnover and Kellogg’s Pop-Tarts low fat frosted strawberry.

Go ahead - I dare you to Google these for ingredients lists.

Effin' gubmit schools.

Comment

• Well, hey have some pizza and a strawberry poptart and you have your fruit and veggies for the day.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• My husbands friend was over. He has a ginormous gut. He was grossed out by me eating a chicken leg skin and all. I offered him a leg and was declined citing watching his weight. He then proceeded to eat an entire bag of low fat pita chips I bought for my husband to eat with hummus. Then he ate a portion of shrimp stir fry and rice I had prepared for my husband... then went looking for sweets (none).

But you know, it was all low fat so not contributing to the gut and all that had to have had far fewer calories than my unhealthy chicken leg and grilled squash with spinach.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by pfair143 View Post
                        I took my best friend out for breakfast for her birthday and she chose Cracker Barrel. She ordered her favorite blueberry pancakes and I chose their advertised Low Carb Breakfast of eggs, sausage, bacon and ham. So far, so good. Breakfasts brought out and toast was added to mine. I'll have to admit that it just stunned me for a second. I asked the waitress to remove the toast and she was just as surprised. "Would you like biscuits instead?" Well, no.
                        I ordered it once and told the waitress I didn't want the wheat toast because I can't have wheat. The next words out of her mouth were, "Do you want white bread instead?"
                        Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• The main reason I was so surprised was that the breakfast was given a 3 net carb total in very large print. How they figured the carbs from bread in that total I can't fathom. The waitress also asked if I would like cheese in my eggs. "Is it REAL cheese?" "Yes; it comes in those little flat squares and they mix it in". Uhm, no.

Comment

• Originally posted by pfair143 View Post
                            The main reason I was so surprised was that the breakfast was given a 3 net carb total in very large print. How they figured the carbs from bread in that total I can't fathom. The waitress also asked if I would like cheese in my eggs. "Is it REAL cheese?" "Yes; it comes in those little flat squares and they mix it in". Uhm, no.
                            IIRC, "net carbs" is total grams of carbs minus grams of fiber (since fiber is good for you, according to CW). At least that's what they did back in my Atkins days. I'm glad I know better now...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Originally posted by Primitiva View Post
                              This is from Better Homes and Gardens.
                              I"m never going to buy a Better homes and gardens magazine ever again now that I know that It's CW
                              yuk.
                              " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

- Vincent Van Gogh

Primal Since January 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by UniqueTII View Post
                                I can't remember the last time I was tempted by anything other than real, delicious food.
                                My feelings exactly.
                                " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

- Vincent Van Gogh

Primal Since January 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X