No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one isn't belly breaking funny but more strange than anything. This morning I was at the grocery store and there was a lecture about how to go gluten free from the resident dietitian and so I thought I would sneak around the corner to check it out. As I rounded the corner I saw about 10 people engaged in a lecture from a women who was quite overweight...then I went to the women's health fair at the local recreation center and walked the kiosks to see many great presentations about diabetes, lifestyle, fitness, chiropractic and so on. Once again, all of the kiosks except one were represented by overweight women who present themselves as experts in the health field. I know everyone is on their own journey, but is it just me who sees this and wonders what is wrong with out culture?

Comment

• Originally posted by kmacphee View Post
      This one isn't belly breaking funny but more strange than anything. This morning I was at the grocery store and there was a lecture about how to go gluten free from the resident dietitian and so I thought I would sneak around the corner to check it out. As I rounded the corner I saw about 10 people engaged in a lecture from a women who was quite overweight...then I went to the women's health fair at the local recreation center and walked the kiosks to see many great presentations about diabetes, lifestyle, fitness, chiropractic and so on. Once again, all of the kiosks except one were represented by overweight women who present themselves as experts in the health field. I know everyone is on their own journey, but is it just me who sees this and wonders what is wrong with out culture?
      I'm still fat, so I have to introduce myself as "Hi, my name is Melissa and I've lost 90 pounds and reversed my T2 Diabetes with Primal Blueprint" or else I just get that look that says 'who are you to tell me about health, you fatty'. I can't wait until I get the rest of the weight off. Cuz then I want to be out there on the front lines.
      Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
      http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
      Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Comment

• That's how I feel about all the always-thin people who gave me diet advice like, 'Don't eat so much meat' or 'only drink low-fat milk' or 'run on a treadmill for 4 hours a day' or 'Just use less olive oil on your salad.' Those overweight women probably are giving CW advice, but if I had listened to people just on the basis of what they looked like, I would be in even worse health now. I might have gotten skinnier, but at the price of actually fixing my health problems.

Comment

• Hahaha, the mayo grid. I remember that, especially on okonomiyaki.

At the dollar-sushi chains, you can get a little hamburger patty with a dollop of mayo on top of sushi rice, or sweet corn mixed with mayo. Dangerous stuff.
          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• A guy came into the store looking for glucose (liquid form) because his trainer told him he needed to raise his insulin levels to gain muscle. Apparently glucose is the best way to do this.
            I sent him to the leangains website...
            Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• ... liquid... glucose... ?...

Seriously? Was he going to shoot up with it? In fact, if he's looking for that direct a method of raising his insulin why doesn't he just shoot up with insulin?

Why not just eat a candy bar and be done with it? Or better yet, one of those protein bars or shakes that have just as much sugar in them as your average snickers?

Comment

• I dunno...I did tell about syndrome x and his eyes kind of glazed over...We didn't have any ( I thought) so he didn't get any. I cringe when he manages to find one of the other ladies there to help. They have no idea when it comes to weight-training(like I know all that much lol!)
                Pretty sure he was going to eat it.
                Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• Just earlier tonight I was standing in line at the grocery check-out and I over hear a woman telling her daughter, 'I need to get you some sugar so you will have more energy' LOL ....the poor child must have been about 5!!!! I just privately did an eye-roll %)

Comment

• Overheard from a friend: "I'm using these [tasticles, tastels, something like that] on my food to lose weight." Apparently, it's this stuff you sprinkle on your food that stimulates ghrelin and and depresses it's counterpart. Has different tastes and everything. I was utterly repulsed by the idea, but this is the same chick that dumps splenda or salt on everything she eats, so...
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Tastants Sensa.

It's really a very interesting product. I mean, supposedly you sprinkle this magic salt ("tastants") on your food, and you'll lose 30 pounds in six months. Or at least, that was the average results in their "clinical trial". Of course, I think it's interesting that this alleged clinical trial has not been peer reviewed, since anything that legitimately resulted in a 1-2 pound a week weight loss with no side effects (like, say... anal seepage) would revolutionize the medical treatment of obesity and would probably be worth millions, if not billions of dollars to big pharma... But... no dice. No peer review. Instead they're selling it online through web advertizing and infomercials, kind of like every other magic weight loss scam in existence. What BS

Comment

• Originally posted by Metismomma View Post
                        A guy came into the store looking for glucose (liquid form) because his trainer told him he needed to raise his insulin levels to gain muscle. Apparently glucose is the best way to do this.
                        I sent him to the leangains website...
                        It works, combined with protein it works well...I dunno why

I used to get beef brisket & veggies with 2 pieces of cornbread slathered in butter and honey

when I added this (carbs) is to my after workout CW diet combined with my workout routine I saw bigger gains
                        Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                        Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                        Current Weight: 235 pounds
                        Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by runnergal View Post
                          You've never heard of Alli? The latest miracle drug? Yes, it prevents your body from absorbing all the fat you eat (not to mention fat soluble vitamins). Meaning you poop it out. Meaning you have to be on a lowfat diet. and not an "I average 20% but some meals are higher than others" diet. Meaning if you have more than a certain amount of fat at one time you will have grease run out the other end. IN the packet they advise wearing dark pants at all times and always having a change of clothes with you.

Sounds like fun right?

Edit...for the life of me I cant figure out why Alli is ok but a laxative diet is bad. tomayto tomahto.
                          Fuck. These retards ought to have bright red warning signs tattooed on their foreheads so I can stay away from them and their soiled pants.
                          A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
                            Fuck. These retards ought to have bright red warning signs tattooed on their foreheads so I can stay away from them and their soiled pants.
                            I think they probably have a particular smell that makes them easily identifiable.
                            "Fry cracked corn, and I don't care. Leela cracked corn, I still don't care. Bender cracked corn, and he is great! Take that you stupid corn." - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Comment

• A smell? Argh, I have no sense of smell -- let's go with the tattoo plan.

How about olestra? It's in "light" potato and nacho chips, it rips fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K) right out of your body, and it also can cause anal leakage like Alli does:
                              The Problems With Olestra ~ Center for Science in the Public Interest

Hmm, I suppose this thread has strayed somewhat from the "Funny" part of CW. Unless anal leakage is funny. Maybe it is.
                              "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• I've been snacking on steamed broccoli, snow peas, and red cabbage since lunch. You should see some of the strange looks I'm getting as everyone walks by for their midafternoon piss (I'm right next door to the bathroom.)
                                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X