Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The reason mom and dad never appear in my stories about being a kid? They weren't watching us play. I was half playing and half making sure me and my siblings didn't kill ourselves. Dad was at work; Mom only pulled out of the world in her head/ soap operas if we interrupted her.
    There are two sides. I am aware of this. I think MamaGrok said what should be done best, but we really didn't get that half the time. I'm honestly not sure what to think of my parents and my childhood anymore. The more I read of.... not going there, that's not a subject for this thread.
    I apologize if I hurt you, gravyboat and Q and anyone else in that boat. It was truly unintentional.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

    Comment


    • It's ok, you guys. I know that nobody here is really advocating child neglect. I was cringing the whole time I wrote my post and nearly deleted it, because I know that no one was doing or saying anything malicious. I just felt I should say something, because it was really triggering some of those old feelings I've fought so hard against, and I know I'm not the only one who has lived through that stuff, so it could have been triggering others too.

      Thanks for not ganging up on me for being a spoilsport like I was expecting. I really didn't want to ruin anyone's fun or put a huge sadface damper on the discussion, I just wanted to use it as a teaching moment, if possible. So thanks for listening. You're all ok with me.

      _-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

      Comment


      • Originally posted by quelsen View Post
        while i certainly expect my forum crushes to object... my jury is still out of who was right, mom or dad.
        Object! Object!

        (this is my bumper sticker, btw... Sticker - I'm Glad You Were Born - Life Cycle Books USA)
        5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
        Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
        Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
        Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
        ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

        Comment


        • Talking to my co-worker about working out and such:
          Co-worker: I'm hungry!
          Me: Hav eyou had your lunch break yet?
          Co-worker: No, I don't have food with me today.
          Me: Well did you eat breakfast?
          Co-worker: Er...no. I had a cookie!
          Me: Well that probably isn't going to help
          -keep chatting, he mentions he's doing no-carb, eating lean meats & veggies, I keep my mouth shut, but then he says he has EGG WHITES for breakfast usually-
          Me: What?! No, eat the whole thing! You're missing out on the protein!
          Co-worker: I don't want all that cholesterol.
          Me: But dietary cholesterol has very little impact what's measured in your body. It mostly just comes right out and your body makes the rest.
          Co-worker:...Well I don't like c-word foods then. Except for chicken. And carrots.

          I don't understand why people will keep defending their way of eating instead of conceding with something like, "Oh, I didn't know that!" I've also shared some links with him before about cholesterol/paleo eating etc. but I guess he doesn't read them I give up!
          Depression Lies

          Comment


          • Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
            The reason mom and dad never appear in my stories about being a kid? They weren't watching us play. I was half playing and half making sure me and my siblings didn't kill ourselves. Dad was at work; Mom only pulled out of the world in her head/ soap operas if we interrupted her.
            There are two sides. I am aware of this. I think MamaGrok said what should be done best, but we really didn't get that half the time. I'm honestly not sure what to think of my parents and my childhood anymore. The more I read of.... not going there, that's not a subject for this thread.
            I apologize if I hurt you, gravyboat and Q and anyone else in that boat. It was truly unintentional.
            "I'm honestly not sure what to think of my parents and my childhood anymore." - The Cake is a LIE!!!!


            :-) i was not hurt, i was only attempting to communicate that love makes a world of difference in how life is perceived.

            I think i stop believing in the fairy tale of my parents when my father admitted he was not African American...... omgwtfbbq?

            What is REAL?
            How do you define REAL?
            If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

            sadly it is too true.... I highly recommend those who have had less happy and more sad to simply rewrite the story, after all that is a privilege of the victors. and if you are reading this as an adult trust me you are victorious
            Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

            Predator not Prey
            Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

            CW 315 | SW 506
            Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


            Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

            Comment


            • A couple young'uns wanted to work in on my set of squats yesterday. It was prime time, and there's only one squat rack, so I was nice. The first one was at least 20# bigger than I am, was working with 90# less, and getting half as deep at best. When his friend suggested he increase the weight, he said he hadn't worked out in 2 months and didn't want to be too sore. He later mentioned that he was all set for getting back into working out (I doubt he ever seriously worked out. Just from looking at him/watching his form) because he had 2 hot dogs and canned baked beans for lunch, and beans have so much nutrition in them.

              Not that funny/great a story, but if it gets the thread back on track, I'll gladly foist it upon you all.
              The Champagne of Beards

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                It's ok, you guys. I know that nobody here is really advocating child neglect. I was cringing the whole time I wrote my post and nearly deleted it, because I know that no one was doing or saying anything malicious.
                I appreciate your saying something. Honestly, the responses to what was obviously an over-the-top example made me cringe. There is nothing wrong with loving your child and wanting a better life for them. I'm hoping me and Mr. Onalark don't fall into either side of the trap (over-responsive versus under-responsive). In the end, though, we're only human, and will only want the best for our spawn.
                Steph
                My Primal Meanderings

                Comment


                • I dont normally go for these but were i work they occasionally bring in box lunches for presentations. sandwich fruit cup salad cookie brownie chips and a pickle.

                  so i grabbed a roast beef and proceeded to remove the bread and fold it over and eat it and the pickle. i gave my partner in crime the remains and went back leading the presentation.

                  My boss gave me the "you so silly" eye and proceeded to nosh on everything in her box.

                  fast forward 30 minutes, everyone is comatose but me and they are asking me why i am so damned ready to go....

                  now while i dont advertise someone everyone knows i dont eat bread, or sugar, so how could they miss such an obvious correlation even if they do not want to attribute causation?? .
                  Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

                  Predator not Prey
                  Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

                  CW 315 | SW 506
                  Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


                  Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

                  Comment


                  • Graveyboat, quelson and anyone else out there who has been brought up with indifference or out right reject -I feel for ya! I have seen in my own family (not me, but nieces and nephews in another state) how neglect can really screw up an other wise wonderful child. Head injuries (untreated) as a young child has left one of my nieces with epilepsy (and my brother just thinks it was luck of the draw). They have lost many friendships as people just could not stand to see how a new baby was brought home and after the "new smell" wore off, was left to the older, resentful sibling to raise. Fast food (OK, not the best, but it was a meal) was brought home for some, but not all were allowed to partake. Children's protective services were called by neighbors many times, but there was never enough to interfere. When a situation is neglectful but not out right criminal, there is only so much and outsider can do to intervene (sp?) other than let a child know that they have your ear and maybe send a special something every now and then. For all of you who felt less than loved as a child, know that the world is a better place with your voice in it!

                    Comment


                    • One thing I've have come to understand is that everyone on this earth is messed up in some way, either a little or a lot, and it might be obvious or hidden away. But I mean EVERYONE.

                      And Quelson! If I wasn't head over heels in love with The Boyfriend, I'd be fighting the other girls here for you. Seriously!
                      Durp.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                        One thing I've have come to understand is that everyone on this earth is messed up in some way, either a little or a lot, and it might be obvious or hidden away. But I mean EVERYONE.

                        And Quelson! If I wasn't head over heels in love with The Boyfriend, I'd be fighting the other girls here for you. Seriously!
                        awww shucks. I have every other weekend off...... :-)
                        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

                        Predator not Prey
                        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

                        CW 315 | SW 506
                        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


                        Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                          awww shucks. I have every other weekend off...... :-)
                          Kentucky is a bit of a commute for me. And I don't think The Boyfriend is very good at sharing...

                          But he'd better behave himself or I'm catching a plane!
                          Durp.

                          Comment


                          • To thems that had it rough, what did you learn from that? Did you become the same parent to yours or did you learn and grow and make new unique mistakes? I learned and changed so that my kids don't ever get beaten, they have never even needed a spanking and they damn well know I have their back when they need it. I learned how not to be a parent and moved on and you have to think of it that way. If you broke the chain then you did good, if you ever hear yourself saying well that's how I was raised, do you stop and think?

                            My wife and I just discovered she may be preggers, I get to try again, maybe I can make more new mistakes.
                            Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

                            Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                              To thems that had it rough, what did you learn from that? Did you become the same parent to yours or did you learn and grow and make new unique mistakes? I learned and changed so that my kids don't ever get beaten, they have never even needed a spanking and they damn well know I have their back when they need it. I learned how not to be a parent and moved on and you have to think of it that way. If you broke the chain then you did good, if you ever hear yourself saying well that's how I was raised, do you stop and think?

                              My wife and I just discovered she may be preggers, I get to try again, maybe I can make more new mistakes.
                              for better or worse i decided "not on my watch" and disconnected the plumbing.

                              i made the decision when i was 21 and just before i got married to the ex and becasue everyone in my mothers generation treated the children the same way so i felt that was the only way to make certain it never happened to my children.
                              Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

                              Predator not Prey
                              Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

                              CW 315 | SW 506
                              Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


                              Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
                                To thems that had it rough, what did you learn from that? Did you become the same parent to yours or did you learn and grow and make new unique mistakes? I learned and changed so that my kids don't ever get beaten, they have never even needed a spanking and they damn well know I have their back when they need it. I learned how not to be a parent and moved on and you have to think of it that way. If you broke the chain then you did good, if you ever hear yourself saying well that's how I was raised, do you stop and think?
                                I don't have kids and don't want them. So that solves that. But, if I did have kids, I know I would be a good parent. I am NOTHING like my mother, and thank god for that.

                                _-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X