Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This week, I was waiting in the waiting room of a yoga studio where i take a dance class (not the studio where i do yoga). One of the teachers/masseuses had just come out of a massage session and was talking to his client. I glanced at him, and my jaw dropped. He had the biggest, roundest beer/wheat belly I had ever seen on a man. It was so striking on him because the rest of him was fairly thin. Oh except his chest, which had some b-cup man-boobs straining against his shirt. He really, honest to gods looked pregnant.

    It was....just so haunting....
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

    My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

    Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bioletti View Post
      ... MD's are trained to do just two things: cut people open and prescribe pills. Oh, and diagnose and treat problems you don't have. Period.
      THIS, times 1000. It's not intentional but they're trying to kill us with their CW ignorance. Broken bones or a cut that needs stitches? I'm there, doc. Anything else - nope, no trust; ZERO.

      Comment


      • Thanks, Jeffrey. And you know what else that befounds me? It took 4 endoscopies for them to figure out I needed to go get one of those nuclear tests to show how fast (slow) my stomach emptied! Why? Because even after fasting the prescribed amount of time that was required before the test, even 18 hours a couple of times, I still had copius amounts of food left in my stomach and they couldn't "see" anything. I guess they finally believed me when I told them I had fasted? Four times?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LJH View Post
          THIS, times 1000. It's not intentional but they're trying to kill us with their CW ignorance. Broken bones or a cut that needs stitches? I'm there, doc. Anything else - nope, no trust; ZERO.
          Only 6% of medical schools in the US have dedicated nutrition courses (which are taught wrong anyway). For an acute injury, our docs are the best. For chronic illness, they very well may be the worst.

          Comment


          • I like this WaPo discussion: Which foods are healthful or harmful for your diet? - The Washington Post

            How many times a week can you eat a boiled egg? ...
            Ans. Well, I would want to know more about your whole diet before I answered that question. In general, you could eat an egg a day and be healthy. The negative connection eggs have with health is the meal pattern that usually goes along with eating eggs. The Japanese eat about one egg per day and have very low levels of heart disease. But they also eat plenty of fish, vegetables, very little meat and saturated fat. So, if you're eating a healthy diet, an egg a day - or maybe even more - is fine!
            Q. What is considered too low for daily carbs espcially for prediabetes?
            A.
            Katherine Tallmadge : ...120 grams per day is the minimum grams of carbohydrates everyone should be eating, according to The National Academy of Sciences' Food and Nutrition Board, when combing the research and making carbohydrate recommendations.
            A: I don't believe it matters much whether you are eating fruits over vegetables,
            Q: As a celiac, it irks me to no end that people think wheat is bad for them. Enjoy sandwiches and bagels if you can!...

            Comment


            • Don't get me started on pecans..I was overhearing my mom's viewing of Dr. Oz's ep on brain health; and how to improve it. I was hoping he'd mention coconut oil,but he didn't. He did mention pecans...I'll give oz props for mentioning offals, but only chicken ones... (he actually had a guest pointing out these remedies to his audience). I know Mark has a spectrum regarding nuts (as he has a spectrum for almost everything), but there are better options for brain health..
              If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

              Comment


              • Originally posted by lssanjose View Post
                Don't get me started on pecans..I was overhearing my mom's viewing of Dr. Oz's ep on brain health; and how to improve it. I was hoping he'd mention coconut oil,but he didn't. He did mention pecans...I'll give oz props for mentioning offals, but only chicken ones... (he actually had a guest pointing out these remedies to his audience). I know Mark has a spectrum regarding nuts (as he has a spectrum for almost everything), but there are better options for brain health..
                I believe a lot of the positive views surrounding nuts are due to epidemiological nuances. Essentially this: nuts are snack foods. A lot of Americans snack by grabbing a bag of chips and a soda. Naturally, those that reach for nuts are going to be healthier, but not because they're eating nuts. Rather, it's the fact they're displacing the chips and soda with nuts. I personally believe that we'd all be healthier with ZERO nuts and to fill those calories with meats, fruits, vegetables and starches. However, I love nuts, so I won't be quitting. If my biggest vices are whole nuts and Greek yogurt, I figure I'm doing okay. I guess my point is if you don't like nuts that much, don't go eating them because you think they're good for you.

                Just please, store your nuts in the fridge or freezer, buy them raw and DON'T HEAT NUT MEALS. Make "breads" out of tapioca, potato starch and white rice flour, not nut meals. Gross.
                Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
                  I believe a lot of the positive views surrounding nuts are due to epidemiological nuances. Essentially this: nuts are snack foods. A lot of Americans snack by grabbing a bag of chips and a soda. Naturally, those that reach for nuts are going to be healthier, but not because they're eating nuts. Rather, it's the fact they're displacing the chips and soda with nuts. I personally believe that we'd all be healthier with ZERO nuts and to fill those calories with meats, fruits, vegetables and starches. However, I love nuts, so I won't be quitting. If my biggest vices are whole nuts and Greek yogurt, I figure I'm doing okay. I guess my point is if you don't like nuts that much, don't go eating them because you think they're good for you.

                  Just please, store your nuts in the fridge or freezer, buy them raw and DON'T HEAT NUT MEALS. Make "breads" out of tapioca, potato starch and white rice flour, not nut meals. Gross.
                  Do you think you'd be better of without the greek yogurt as well?
                  well then

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
                    Make "breads" out of tapioca, potato starch and white rice flour, not nut meals. Gross.
                    Got a good recipe for this ? Not to thread-jack this, you can post in the primal recipes forum and let me know Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • Recently, I heard a lady talking about her ADD/slightly autistic/sometimes out-of-control daughter, and she remarked, "I literally have to keep the junk food and sweets locked up, or she's unmanageable."

                      Yeah. She said that.

                      Comment


                      • In the beauty supply store on Saturday, I listened to two women chat about potential purchases (clearly had no idea what they were doing), then once finally decided on something to get: "Oh this looks good! SoyComplex."

                        Yes. Because soy = healthy.
                        Depression Lies

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          In the beauty supply store on Saturday, I listened to two women chat about potential purchases (clearly had no idea what they were doing), then once finally decided on something to get: "Oh this looks good! SoyComplex."

                          Yes. Because soy = healthy.
                          Well, the Soybean Farmers of Alabama told me that soybeans are super nutritious and they're experts with clearly no biased opinions in the matter.
                          If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

                          Comment


                          • To be fair, hydrolyzed soy protein (that term makes me shudder involuntarily) in hair products is probably the only place I'm okay with it being. It's just protein, as far as I'm concerned, at that point, but it's the thought behind their reasoning that bothers me. I bet they buy tofu and talk about how healthy they ate on Facebook. "OMG I made the BEST healthy stir-fry last night!!!!!~111``!!!"

                            Yeah. I judge. Whatcha gonna do about it?
                            Depression Lies

                            Comment


                            • Eat "real food" yada yada yada, it's a revolution!
                              Mark Hyman, MD: The Last Diet You Will Ever Need

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                                To be fair, hydrolyzed soy protein (that term makes me shudder involuntarily) in hair products is probably the only place I'm okay with it being. It's just protein, as far as I'm concerned, at that point, but it's the thought behind their reasoning that bothers me. I bet they buy tofu and talk about how healthy they ate on Facebook. "OMG I made the BEST healthy stir-fry last night!!!!!~111``!!!"

                                Yeah. I judge. Whatcha gonna do about it?
                                Based on the above; nod in agreement.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X