No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnolia, I thought that's why it was called bumping uglies.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
      high T? i have higher than normal t levels, but i only get hairy when i eat bread. does she partake of the breads?
      High T was our thought, and she really needs to get tested. I am more concerned with health issues than cosmetic ones, and it would be nice to know what is going on. As for bread, yeah, lets say I buy enough bread weekly for 4 people and there are only two of us and I don't eat bread.

Comment

• i'd go ahead and get entire blood workups, check for pcos markers

if it were me

but as i already have it, and it's not me, i put the suggestion out into the ether

cause pcos isn't kind to ones health
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• Hey, can we request Corvidae to come in later for more thoughtful pauses? Would that be overstepping any boundaries?

Comment

• all threads become ASDF
            Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
            Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
            Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• ^YES.

And while we're not really still on the topic: Body "scaping" is "to each their own". I took a few photography courses in college and during one critique, someone put up a photo from a shoot they did. The model happen to have their pubes removed (waxed, shaven, dunno) and an angry discussion burst forth about how it makes a woman look like they are trying to be pre-pubescent and catering towards perverse fantasies etc. I felt very uncomfortable (was experimenting with shaving at the time) and wish I could go back in time as I am now to defend the choice. It made me really angry how dismissive those people were, since I knew them all to be very kind and considerate and thoughtful folks, but apparently not on that front.

On pits: I like having a bit of "fuzz", it's most comfortable for sweat and odor and irritation for me, but the only way for me to keep it that way is to keep shaving every few days to let it grow back out and soften up again. If I buzzed it, the hairs would be blunt and uncomfortable
              Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                Hey, can we request Corvidae to come in later for more thoughtful pauses? Would that be overstepping any boundaries?

Ill try.

As to the circumcision issue: Ive had it both ways, I think theyre both fine, i think they both look interesting in their own ways. But, gentlemen, FOR GODS SAKES, if you are "intact," PLEASE KEEP THAT SHIT CLEAN! One guy I dated definitely always seemed to have an odor down nyah that was very unpleasing.

(Sorry I keep coming back late to the conversation. I keep getting...tied up. *thoughtful pause*)
                "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                  I keep getting...tied up. *thoughtful pause*)
                  There it is...yeah...thanks.

Comment

• I agree, Wonder. It should be to each their own. I know women that are squicked out if they don't get rid of it all. As long as they're doing it to make THEMSELVES happy, then it's all good with me. It's when it's expected by others that it becomes a problem for me. (although, my personal feeling is that women have hair, so, like, deal? But that's just me)

Have you tried epilating? Hurts like a bitch, but it means that I don't have to shave my pits daily- and even when the hair starts to grow back in it's softer and looks finer because it was plucked not shaved. When I keep up with it it even keeps my leg-hair mostly under control.
                    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• I agree with the "each their own" for grooming/scaping.

I have hated the scrunchy tangly feel of pubic hair on the lower parts basically forever.
                      Some don't mind it. some love it. *shrug*
                      I don't like completely bald... it's a little odd for me...
                      But it's all trimmed up. I also think it's good for sex.
                      I honestly want the same from my fella, and he understanding that the less hair that I choke on or need to pull from my teeth, the more often his boy parts get lots of good attention... Has come to love them GROOMED. Much like mine... smooth on the bottom, trimmed up top.
                      (I've been with both hairy and almost completely hairless people... I prefer less hair on the parts I consider playtoys.... I'm good with hair everywhere else though.) I like body hair in general on mens. Shaved man chest is ...

If you want to see the most awesome bear pelt ever... google Demi Moore bush pic. Of course... NSFW!

I actually don't mind some hair on my legs... but I can't stand it long enough for it to 'feel' stuff...
                      Like once when I was really sick I didn't shave for a long time... and I could feel my leg hair in the breeze. And I was all, NOOOOoooooooooooooo! It felt too weird, and I didn't like it.
                      I don't like hair in the pits because it gets deodorant caky... bleh.
                      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                        Like once when I was really sick I didn't shave for a long time... and I could feel my leg hair in the breeze. And I was all, NOOOOoooooooooooooo! It felt too weird, and I didn't like it.
                        Huh, really? I LOVE that feeling. It's like the wind playing a symphony on a thousand tiny violin strings.

Or something like that. Whatever.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                          Huh, really? I LOVE that feeling. It's like the wind playing a symphony on a thousand tiny violin strings.

Or something like that. Whatever.
                          Just one of those silly things.

My brother has really hairy legs... REALLY hairy for a blond fellow too boot...
                          When we were young he would complain a lot about his leg hair being sore from wearing tall socks.
                          I guess it pulled the hairs backwards?
                          Heh... I'd have never thought of that one on my own, for sure!
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                            Just one of those silly things.

My brother has really hairy legs... REALLY hairy for a blond fellow too boot...
                            When we were young he would complain a lot about his leg hair being sore from wearing tall socks.
                            I guess it pulled the hairs backwards?
                            Heh... I'd have never thought of that one on my own, for sure!
                            Oh yeah, I don't like wearing socks because the hairs on the tops of my feet worm their way through the fabric and then any movement of the sock pulls on them. It's itchy and painful. It's especially bad if I wear socks to bed. I end up with red blotchy irritation on the tops of my feet from all the hair-pulling.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                              If you (or others) choose to be cowed by societal pressure then you are a part of the problem.
                              Like I said, I wear what I want and encourage others to do so, and my beef is only that most people don't feel that freedom. I think everyone should feel the freedom to choose what to wear while playing in the water without others judging them. If I've helped to spark any one person's thought about not looking down on people who choose to play in a little more clothing than others, yay.
                              Oh, and speaking of CW nonsense and body image, try being an uncircumsized male in America.
                              Doing my part to fix that. The % is going up faster than ever, thank goodness.

To quote her, "I think my hormones are messed up, but if they fix them will I start acting like a chick?" by which she means non-logical, overly emotional, etc.
                              This is a fascinating subject I've pondered a lot. My whole life I acted more like and felt more at home with guys, even though I'm way way attracted to men and men alone. Got my hormones checked and while I'm not high T, I was low in estrogen ... very low. It's interesting to ponder.

What I've found as my hormones have gotten in order, and also as I've gotten to know more women who are feminine without the stereotypical downsides of being a woman (moodiness, shallowness, gossipy, obsessed with shopping & appearance, etc.), I see a lot of changes, both chosen and not chosen.

I have NOT become irrational or overly emotional - I think the former is a consequence of a combination of poor education, poor nutrition, and certain expectations, while the latter is a consequence of excessive "female" hormones, ratios, and/or fluctuations.

The only times I find myself getting overly emotional is during detox, like when I'm losing a lot of fat and flushing stored estrogen as it goes. (Yes, I was feeling like that last night, and woke up to a new low on the scale!.) Good riddance!
                              Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                              after acceptance, it's eh. i've always wanted to BE more feminine, but i'm not great at wearing spanx and high heels and rings.
                              I don't think those things have one thing to do with femininity. Look at all cultures across the world and across history, and what is common to them, to see what femininity is. It's not wearing certain things or being shallow or catty.
                              5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                              Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                              Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                              Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                              ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• haha i just wanted to be a pretty flowery feminine lady female when i grew up

it didn't happen that way, my hormones and personality dictate otherwise
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X