Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Primitiva View Post
    Recipe on Pinterest - Creamy Grilled Chicken Piccata

one of the comments - "Can you think of anyway to lighten it? I was thinking maybe light cream cheese and some olive oil in place of the half and half and butter. .Do you think that would work?"
    lol!
    please post recipe.. sounds devine.. hold the light cream cheese and olive oil though! LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Lightening something makes you less light.
      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
        devine

In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• So I went to Big 5 to buy some running shoes.

Helpful, hot Big 5 Chick: Sir, what can I help you with?

Me (being good and avoiding sexual innuendo for once): I need a pair of running shoes. Do you carry any minimalist shoes besides the skelatoes?

Her: No, those are it, but if you want a running shoe you really want arch support. How about I show you s...

Me: Thanks but no.

arch support...le sigh.

Comment

• The only arch support I'm going to need is a pillow for your back. Say that next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by <archer> View Post
              Funny CW moment: every time someone thinks I don't eat meat....
              This happens constantly. My grandmother made chicken soup a couple of months ago and left noodles out of my portion. She then went on and on about how I should drop some egg into the soup "for some protein". Because the noodles I was missing would have had so much protein in them?

Comment

• Originally posted by lotusberries View Post
                This happens constantly. My grandmother made chicken soup a couple of months ago and left noodles out of my portion. She then went on and on about how I should drop some egg into the soup "for some protein". Because the noodles I was missing would have had so much protein in them?
                Egg noodles?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
                  Egg noodles?
                  No, just egg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                    The only arch support I'm going to need is a pillow for your back. Say that next time.
                    LOL. Well played. I will quote you next time. That said, my wife was trying to call dibs on her so it would be sad to have to fight the missus for random shoe store chicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post

??
                      Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by lotusberries View Post
                        ummm.. egg drop soup?? LOL Thats how I made chicken and "noodles"
                        Karin

Comment

• Ok so went to a hot air balloon festival yesterday. I packed a primal picnic for the fam. As we are sitting there eating (please keep in mind there are NUMEROUS food vendors about), we get people walking slowly past up eying our faire. I over heard these comments:

"oh their lunch looks so good"
                          "wonder where we get some of that!"

Umm yup.. they did not even note that "hey, there is no bread there" so I guess maybe this is a win? LOL
                          Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                            Yeah, wtf? I told someone that I didn't eat wheat, and she in turn assumed that I was a vegetarian. -.-
                            That happens to me all the time--I swear every time someone hears that I "eat healthy" the ask they inevitable, "Oh, are you a vegetarian/vegan?"
                            "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                            --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                            --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                            --Hyperlithic

Comment

• Overheard in the break room at work.

Worker 1 has been on the Dukan diet (low carb, no sugar, I think) and has lost considerable weight. He's explaining the diet to Worker 2.

Worker 1- So I can't have sugar, but I can have this *motions to bottle of coke zero*
                              Worker 2 - But doesn't that have chemicals and carcinogens in it?
                              Worker 1 - Yeah....but you can't win em' all

I kept my head down, and proceeded to reheat my beef heart stew and cauliflower rice in silence...
                              The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Comment

• So as per normal for race day, I went round to a friend's place to watch F1 today. Actually two friends, one is the friend from work and the other is his housemate and an ex-colleague. Friend knows about my diet, the other guy less so (probably because I only see him once a month or so).
                                So housemate offered me something like toast and I said "no thanks, don't eat grains" and then he went on to say "well if you get hungry you can have a bowl of cereal". Friend and I both laugh and the housemate facepalms as he realises what he said.

You know, I had a piece of CW come to mind the other day that I think is still relevant to those of us who eat primally - eat to live, don't live to eat.

Comment

Working...
                                X