Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sires6 View Post
    You have hit the nail on the head. The reality of "cravings" is your body is trying to get you to eat what it needs and not eat what it doesn't want/need. Food "addictions" IMHO (which I had and disappeared like yours when I ate right) are because you are shoving in only tiny amounts of what you need and it's competing with foods like flour which take away more than give.

    Addiction is your body screaming for the nutrients it needs.

    Drug addictions are because of the nature (addictive) of the drug (including cigarettes) involved. They are designed and modified to be addictive (cigarettes) or it's a part of their nature to be addictive (heroin) therefore, avoid starting them at ALL COSTS.
    One interesting thing I've noticed is that I used to be really sort of ADD about choosing food to eat. What I mean is that I was always seeking out new and different types of food all the time. Being frugal, I usually saved leftovers, but I rarely remembered to eat them. The times I did remember them, I often couldnt bring myself to eat them. The idea of eating the same thing more than two days in a row actually physically upset me. When I first started reading posts here on MDA and heard that Mark tends to eat the same sorts of meals (big ass salads, especially) over and over again, it actually scared me. Luckily, of course, I decided to try primal anyway, figuring that eating the same things over and over werent *required*.

    But now, the COMPLETE opposite has happened. I can make a big vat of pork stew, or a huge chunk of meat, and eat it for DAAAAAAYS. I actually crave the same things over and over, and have to force myself to try something new ;D

    My theory is that when I was eating traditional SAD foods, my body was craving nutrients, knew it wasnt getting it from the food I was eating, so was constantly driving me to seek out new food sources. Now that my meals are loaded with fats and veggies, my body is much more willing to be happy with it.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

    My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

    Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

    Comment


    • Carbohydrates: How carbs fit into a healthy diet - MayoClinic.com

      "The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends that carbohydrates make up 45 to 65 percent of your total daily calories. So, if you get 2,000 calories a day, between 900 and 1,300 calories should be from carbohydrates. That translates to between 225 and 325 grams of carbohydrates a day."

      Holy smokes!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Milty View Post
        Carbohydrates: How carbs fit into a healthy diet - MayoClinic.com

        "The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends that carbohydrates make up 45 to 65 percent of your total daily calories. So, if you get 2,000 calories a day, between 900 and 1,300 calories should be from carbohydrates. That translates to between 225 and 325 grams of carbohydrates a day."

        Holy smokes!
        wow. thats a lot of feed

        Comment


        • My fridge recently broke while I was out of town for a couple days, causing a large portion of the food inside to go bad. I was telling my friend, who is quite skinny-fat, about it, and he said that he usually just stocks his pantry with boxed and canned items and then buys fresh food as he needs it or as he's going to cook it, and that I should do the same so that I won't have food in the fridge to go bad if it breaks again.

          I looked at him like I didn't understand and said, "But I only eat fresh food. I can't go grocery shopping everyday."

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
            wow. thats a lot of feed
            Finally! We have a concise, simple way to explain what we eat to the masses/our coworkers/strangers at the gym.

            I eat FOOD, not FEED. I love it.
            The Champagne of Beards

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
              "But I only eat fresh food. I can't go grocery shopping everyday."
              Dude - that's why they make FREEZERS.
              Ramblings of an Unamused Mouse (Lots of Food Porn, Too!)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                Finally! We have a concise, simple way to explain what we eat to the masses/our coworkers/strangers at the gym.

                I eat FOOD, not FEED. I love it.
                why, thank you

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Unamused Mouse View Post
                  Dude - that's why they make FREEZERS.
                  Good point. In my defense though, I did have a lot of food in the freezer, and that was fine. Still, I probably keep a week's worth of fresh food in the fridge at any given time.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                    On a T-shirt "Vegan Strength"
                    Extra small?
                    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sires6 View Post
                      Addiction is your body screaming for the nutrients it needs.

                      Drug addictions are because of the nature (addictive) of the drug (including cigarettes) involved. They are designed and modified to be addictive (cigarettes) or it's a part of their nature to be addictive (heroin) therefore, avoid starting them at ALL COSTS.
                      Time to retry giving up tea and coffee again soon. I am sure you are right, above.

                      Comment


                      • While getting ready this morning and packing my grain-free lunch, I had the TV on in the background. An advertisement for "Smart Balance" comes on and goes something like, "You love butter but you love your heart. Smart Balance blocks the cholesterol with a special secret ingredient, and mixes canola oil in with the butter to make it more healthy!"

                        Still profiting off the cholesterol lie, I see.

                        Then a Meow Mix commercial came on and I had to shut the TV down before I put a brick through it.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                          My theory is that when I was eating traditional SAD foods, my body was craving nutrients, knew it wasnt getting it from the food I was eating, so was constantly driving me to seek out new food sources. Now that my meals are loaded with fats and veggies, my body is much more willing to be happy with it.
                          You sound so much like me. I was leaving leftovers, too. I looked at my fridge yesterday and we were short of so many leftovers and stuff. I knew I needed to go shopping because we didn't have many veggies left, I needed to cook a roast because I was out of snacking meat and had just run out of fruit. It makes it so simple. It truly is a burden off my shoulders. I can have dessert, fruit with full fat cream, whipped, no sugar added and I am full, satisfied and very happy... what a change from 20 years of feeling like I was starving.

                          On another note, my thoroughly entrenched in-laws are coming in 2 weeks and my thoroughly CW and diabetic mother is coming today. What to feed them? It's not that I can't feed them, it's that I don't want to hear the whining about "we should only have 1 egg a week, cholesterol is bad for us" (we raise our own chickens, goats for meat, turkeys, ducks and geese) or "we don't eat that kind of food" comments ad nauseum.
                          Last edited by sires6; 05-10-2012, 05:10 AM.
                          The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                          Psalms 144:15

                          Annie Sires

                          Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                          Pope John Paul II

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by sires6 View Post
                            (we raise our own chickens, goats for meat, turkeys, ducks and geese) .
                            Nice! My pipe dream du jour is moving to the nearby-country someday (which in the bay area is still balls-expensive xP) and having enough land to get chickens and goats and try to raise a lot of our own food (to offset the inevitable mortgage). Chickens Im all over, i had them as a kid, but ive been intimidated about trying to understand how goats would fit in. Do you have goats for dairy AND meat, or just meat? (I assume theyre like chickens and that some breeds are more selected for one of the other) Do you butcher them yourself or do you take them to an abattoir/have someone come to the place to butcher them?

                            (sidenote: i just realized a fabulous idea for a band would be a death-metal band that only does covers of abba songs, called Abba-ttoir)
                            "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

                            My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

                            Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                              (sidenote: i just realized a fabulous idea for a band would be a death-metal band that only does covers of abba songs, called Abba-ttoir)
                              It's been done before:

                              Abba-Dancing Queen (Death Metal Version) - YouTube
                              "Don't waste your time, or time will waste you."

                              Comment


                              • A couple people in my office are having birthdays today, so of course there is all sorts of food in the break-room. I overheard several of my co-workers rationalizing why the cake was "healthy" so they shouldn't feel bad eating it: because it has coconut, pineapple, and mandarin oranges in it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X