Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cookie Butter

    Yes, Cookie Butter. This is from a Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer.

    There are ways in which American ingenuity surpasses any other. And yeet, in other ways, we're plaing catch up to other countries. For example, why didn't we invent Cookie Butter? Unfamiliar with Cookie Butter? Please allow us to introduce you to this wonder of Belgian ingenuity, brought to you by rader Joe's.

    Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter is, in its most simplistic terms, spreadable Speculoos cookies. Speculoos cookies are classic Belgian cookies with great crunch, and a slightly caramelized, almost-but-not-quite-gingerbread flavor. (Try our Bistro Biscuits for a close approximation.) After the cookies are baked to a fabulous finish, they're crushed into a fine powder and mixed with magical ingedients (read: vegetable oils) and turned into a smooth, spreadable substance we call Cookie Butter. It resembles peanut butter in color and consistency. Make no mistake, though; this is a treat through and through. Spread it on toast, bagels, pancakes or waffles. Use it as a dip for hunks of dark chocolate or pretzels or (gasp!) veggies like carrots or celery. You could keep it really simple and just use it as a dip for a spoon.

    We're selling Cookie Butter in 11 ounce jars for $3.69 each, every day (well, when we can keep it in stock). You'll find it on our grocery shelves.


    Oh yummmmmmmm.....a spread of flour, sugar, and vegetable oil we're encouraged to spread over other sources of refined flour and sugar items, probably also made with vegetable oil. Thank the heavens that this culinary advancement has finally made it to America!!!!!!!!

    Comment


    • i love this thread.....

      Comment


      • i won't lie, if that cookie butter was made with butter-butter, i'd eat a spoonful or 3
        beautiful
        yeah you are

        Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
          i won't lie, if that cookie butter was made with butter-butter, i'd eat a spoonful or 3
          I'M not gonna lie--I gave into curiosity about a month or two ago and got some that Trader Joe's cookie butter...and goddammit it is worth your whole 20%, it is sooooooooooo good. I have to resist buying it every time I go to TJ's now lol. It's even more addicting than that white chocolate peanut butter from PB & Co or whatever it's called
          "The mountains are calling and I must go."
          --John Muir


          "I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
          --Tommy Caldwell


          ‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
          --Hyperlithic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
            i won't lie, if that cookie butter was made with butter-butter, i'd eat a spoonful or 3
            Yeah well, made with real butter, I'd fight ya for it. LOL

            Comment


            • I guess this isn't really very funny but;

              There is a middle aged woman at my work, and she's very lean and trim -she's a long distance runner. Apparently runs through Africa and what note.

              The thing is -she looks so unhealthy! Her hair and skin so dry and fragile, she always looks washed out and fatigued. I'm thinking she will turn into Gillian McKeith in a decade or so. But she's healthy and fit by CW standards!
              The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                i won't lie, if that cookie butter was made with butter-butter, i'd eat a spoonful or 3
                I won't lie, if I wasn't trying to avoid gluten like crazy because of my autoimmune, I'd have eaten a spoonful of that speculoos spread in a heartbeat.

                If they ever make gluten-free version, I'm doomed. (Fortunately, that is very unlikely.)
                Steph
                My Primal Meanderings

                Comment


                • Originally posted by newberrycrater View Post
                  Yes, Cookie Butter. This is from a Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer.

                  There are ways in which American ingenuity surpasses any other. And yeet, in other ways, we're plaing catch up to other countries. For example, why didn't we invent Cookie Butter? Unfamiliar with Cookie Butter? Please allow us to introduce you to this wonder of Belgian ingenuity, brought to you by rader Joe's.

                  Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter is, in its most simplistic terms, spreadable Speculoos cookies. Speculoos cookies are classic Belgian cookies with great crunch, and a slightly caramelized, almost-but-not-quite-gingerbread flavor. (Try our Bistro Biscuits for a close approximation.) After the cookies are baked to a fabulous finish, they're crushed into a fine powder and mixed with magical ingedients (read: vegetable oils) and turned into a smooth, spreadable substance we call Cookie Butter. It resembles peanut butter in color and consistency. Make no mistake, though; this is a treat through and through. Spread it on toast, bagels, pancakes or waffles. Use it as a dip for hunks of dark chocolate or pretzels or (gasp!) veggies like carrots or celery. You could keep it really simple and just use it as a dip for a spoon.

                  We're selling Cookie Butter in 11 ounce jars for $3.69 each, every day (well, when we can keep it in stock). You'll find it on our grocery shelves.


                  Oh yummmmmmmm.....a spread of flour, sugar, and vegetable oil we're encouraged to spread over other sources of refined flour and sugar items, probably also made with vegetable oil. Thank the heavens that this culinary advancement has finally made it to America!!!!!!!!
                  URG, GOD! I saw that stuff the last time I was at TJs, on their New Products shelf. I was like "WTF?" and picked one up to read it. My jaw was literally open in disbelief. I dropped it back on the shelf, heavily, snapping out "Is this what we've come to?" rather loudly, then walked away in disgust. People were looking at me but I didn't care.
                  "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

                  My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

                  Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tcb View Post
                    Lesson 2, don't buy a pot metal hammer next time!
                    Yeah, you can see in the grain structure that it's cast, not forged. It's hammer-shaped metal, of some sort.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Spubba View Post
                      I don't have a hard time opening the coconut (I just whack it with the back of my hatchet until it cracks open) but the knuckle-murdering scraping out the meat is the part that gets me. Is there some easy way to do it that doesn't involve Band-Aids?
                      You use a coconut grater. It is a flat board you sit on with a serrated disc sticking out, and you grind the coconut half against it.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                        URG, GOD! I saw that stuff the last time I was at TJs, on their New Products shelf. I was like "WTF?" and picked one up to read it. My jaw was literally open in disbelief. I dropped it back on the shelf, heavily, snapping out "Is this what we've come to?" rather loudly, then walked away in disgust. People were looking at me but I didn't care.
                        The guy stocking the shelf was raving about it. I looked at the ingredients list, made some comments to the kids about the disgusting veg oil in it, and the guy's response? "I know, it's SO DELICIOUS!"
                        5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                        Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                        Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                        Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                        ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                          The guy stocking the shelf was raving about it. I looked at the ingredients list, made some comments to the kids about the disgusting veg oil in it, and the guy's response? "I know, it's SO DELICIOUS!"
                          Are you saying, he didn't connect the dots properly, when you made your comments? Or did he connect the dots; and, thus, responded sarcastically when he said it? Thanks!
                          If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

                          Comment


                          • He just didn't get it at all!
                            5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                            Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                            Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                            Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                            ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

                            Comment


                            • Maybe it's best that way.

                              Perhaps we should make an art of saying sarcastic conventional wisdom health sayings.

                              E.g.
                              "This would have the heart foundation healthy heart tick."
                              "Only 75% carbohydrates. Just what a prediabetic needs."
                              "This has had all of the food removed. So it's low in cholesterol."
                              Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

                              Griff's cholesterol primer
                              5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                              Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                              TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                              bloodorchid is always right

                              Comment


                              • OMG I just saw a promotion for dog food....the catch phrase "If they could get it on their own they would" the ingredient OATS wtf when would a dog get oats?!?
                                Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                                PS
                                Don't forget to play!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X