No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took my dog to the vet this morning after she apparently had a stroke and was paralyzed. That's not the funny part...actually, it's pretty sad overall. But, I was telling the vet about this little Chihuahau who was terrified of men when we took her in yet my hubby babied her and won her over by making her hamburgers and eggs for breakfast. The vet actually said, "Oh no...that's sure to cause a heart attack." I then told her how when we first got "Blackie" she had a bad yeast problem. We changed her diet by going grain-free and giving her grass-fed meat and proteins so she improved after we did that. How sad that a vet would think grains or dog foods with GMO Corn or Soy or Wheat are good for a dog. And yes, she had to be put down but it was very peaceful and quick. It was definitely time. She also had some mammary tumors and had been throwing up lately which I didn't realize was probably connected. And she was a very old girl who had a great life with us. Dogs used to live a lot longer before dog food was introduced. They used to live on meat scraps and bones and stews--at least the people I knew back then used to feed their dogs like that before "Tuffy's Dog Food" factory came to the area.

Comment

• Originally posted by DuhPrincess View Post
      I took my dog to the vet this morning after she apparently had a stroke and was paralyzed. That's not the funny part...actually, it's pretty sad overall. But, I was telling the vet about this little Chihuahau who was terrified of men when we took her in yet my hubby babied her and won her over by making her hamburgers and eggs for breakfast. The vet actually said, "Oh no...that's sure to cause a heart attack." I then told her how when we first got "Blackie" she had a bad yeast problem. We changed her diet by going grain-free and giving her grass-fed meat and proteins so she improved after we did that. How sad that a vet would think grains or dog foods with GMO Corn or Soy or Wheat are good for a dog. And yes, she had to be put down but it was very peaceful and quick. It was definitely time. She also had some mammary tumors and had been throwing up lately which I didn't realize was probably connected. And she was a very old girl who had a great life with us. Dogs used to live a lot longer before dog food was introduced. They used to live on meat scraps and bones and stews--at least the people I knew back then used to feed their dogs like that before "Tuffy's Dog Food" factory came to the area.
      I am very sorry to hear about your loss My family cat of 16 years just passed away a few months ago, and it still slightly confuses me when I go to my parents and shes not asleep on the sofa.

I live right next to an open-space park thats also an off-leash dog park, so there positively are HERDS of dogs rambling around the hillside all the time, and the numbers really jump up around midday cause thats when the professional dog walkers bring their mixed packs up. I cant have pets in my place atm but I love walking through the park and seeing all the different kinds of dogs wandering around. Since going paleo, Ive become more cognizant of the fact that so many of these dogs are rather, well, rotund for their frame, and many seem to be ambling rather slowly and with limited movement. I mean sure, id expect some arthritis with old dogs, but most of these dogs do not look that old.

I do hear people talking about raw-food pet diets around here more and more, but then I also still occasionally catch wind of some idiot trying to feed their cat or dog a vegan diet. Mother effer....
      "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Hehe, that's something I miss, the dogs and cats back home (eating meat and fish scraps, bones...) are super lean and muscular as if they were greek gods... :-) I remember looking at my pets in admiration because they really looked magnificent! The pets here are so chubby, when you pet them you feel the fat rolling around under their furr. Eww...
        My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
        Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

Comment

• Originally posted by abbyful View Post
          Here are my freak feet:

Normal view not doing anything
          [ATTACH]6899[/ATTACH]

Purposely bending (it grosses people out when I show them this!)
          [ATTACH]6900[/ATTACH]

Just pointing my toes (if I have someone else push my toes down, they will go to the floor)
          [ATTACH]6901[/ATTACH]
          you must be a ballerina!

Comment

• Someone was asking about cast iron cookware... I said (well, wrote) that mine seasoned lovely since I switched to using lard....then realised it might not work for the vegetarian lady in question....

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
              Someone was asking about cast iron cookware... I said (well, wrote) that mine seasoned lovely since I switched to using lard....then realised it might not work for the vegetarian lady in question....
              Yeah pretty sure the vegetarian option for seasoning cast iron is Crisco, aka, trans fats.

Noooooope.

edit: Oh wait I think ive heard one could also use coconut oil. But then youd have to convince them that saturated fats wont kill them.
              Last edited by Corvidae; 04-17-2012, 01:40 PM.
              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by milly3 View Post
                you must be a ballerina!
                Oh! My feet do exactly that too! When relaxing my feet it looks like I'm pointing them. I was once a ballerina too (before putting on 100lbs). Now if only I had those calves!

I can't wait to feel comfortable enough with my body again so I can start dancing again.
                F/ 5'6"
                HW: 230 (ugh)
                SW: 204 2/27/12
                CW: 171 7/27/12 (33lbs!)
                GW: 145ish? Who cares. I just want to look good naked

Comment

• Originally posted by DuhPrincess View Post
                  How sad that a vet would think grains or dog foods with GMO Corn or Soy or Wheat are good for a dog.
                  My route today had an animal hospital, and I had to wait in the lobby to be let into the back area. While I waited, I scanned the premium pet food they were selling, and I honestly didn't see any that weren't vegetarian. Good for business, I guess...
                  Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                    Yes, the age-ism is really terrible. I lost 15 lbs and they're just like, "Well, you're young." No, I actually spent the time to learn what worked for me, not some cookie-cutter diet for the masses. And I fucking hate hearing shit about "gawd my arteries are creaking shut right now". JUST EAT YOUR BACON AND LIKE IT.
                    Thank you for your encouraging words.

(bacon noming time)
                    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                    Follow me on google+
                    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Horrible Weight Loss Advice From Facebook

Funny Facebook CW gallery. Paleo is mentioned! And I agree with it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
                        Thank you for your encouraging words.

(bacon noming time)
                        I should just make my signature super long and tack on
                        JUST EAT YOUR BACON AND LIKE IT.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by abstractpersona View Post
                          Hehe, that's something I miss, the dogs and cats back home (eating meat and fish scraps, bones...) are super lean and muscular as if they were greek gods... :-) I remember looking at my pets in admiration because they really looked magnificent! The pets here are so chubby, when you pet them you feel the fat rolling around under their furr. Eww...
                          Whenever I would walk into a client's home to start the training with them (dog training) I would evaluate their dog according to the BCS (Body Condition Score) and then I would show them how to look and feel for the fats. If the dog scored more than a 5, I would then ALWAYS recommend a low grain or no grain diet. Unfortunately, no grain is always more expensive and so for some people, buying no grain is not an option. I would point them in the right direction on where to get quality food for less expensive. My dogs always look sleek and sculpted. Too bad I didn't figure it out for myself until years later... how dumb I am!!! And not that I am getting it, I'm dropping the weight off. Now I just need to drop another 20 and I'll be happy.
                          The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                          Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                          Pope John Paul II

Comment

• Originally posted by sires6 View Post
                            Whenever I would walk into a client's home to start the training with them (dog training) I would evaluate their dog according to the BCS (Body Condition Score) and then I would show them how to look and feel for the fats. If the dog scored more than a 5, I would then ALWAYS recommend a low grain or no grain diet. Unfortunately, no grain is always more expensive and so for some people, buying no grain is not an option. I would point them in the right direction on where to get quality food for less expensive. My dogs always look sleek and sculpted. Too bad I didn't figure it out for myself until years later... how dumb I am!!! And not that I am getting it, I'm dropping the weight off. Now I just need to drop another 20 and I'll be happy.
                            Off topic all right but you look well placed to help me. My dog (9 month old border collie) has taken a dislike to children and has started growling at them. How can I get this out of him and get him back to how he was initially, which was great with kids?
                            Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

• Originally posted by Karen183
                              SF- That IS ironic, but fats have been linked to feeding cancers (I just learned). Apparently there are certain fatty acids that certain cencers need, so they tell women with a high risk of breast cancer to go on a low fat diet.
                              Baloney.

What's with the image attached to all you posts?
                              5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                              Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                              Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                              Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                              ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                                Baloney.

What's with the image attached to all you posts?
                                That's a spam bot

Comment

Working...
                                X