Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CattyB View Post
    Just had to confess...

Didn't have time to make b-fast (woke up late due to faulty alarm/drama with teenaged son last night). STARVING for something ~ anything ~ primal-ish!

Looked in fridge, there's little square 'tubs' of butter............. grabbed 3 and slowly licked out the contents thereof.

Good thing I'm alone in our department for about another hour -- wouldn't want to gross someone out or anything (heh heh).
    This doesn't shock me at all! My friend just confessed to me that since I talked her into trying Kerry Gold Pastured Butter, she's been slicing off pieces of it and eating it straight out of the fridge! And I'm reading about others who are putting Kerry Gold into their coffee instead of using Cream and lovin' it!

Comment

• Originally posted by CattyB View Post
      Just had to confess...

Didn't have time to make b-fast (woke up late due to faulty alarm/drama with teenaged son last night). STARVING for something ~ anything ~ primal-ish!

Looked in fridge, there's little square 'tubs' of butter............. grabbed 3 and slowly licked out the contents thereof.

Good thing I'm alone in our department for about another hour -- wouldn't want to gross someone out or anything (heh heh).
      Originally posted by DuhPrincess View Post
      This doesn't shock me at all! My friend just confessed to me that since I talked her into trying Kerry Gold Pastured Butter, she's been slicing off pieces of it and eating it straight out of the fridge! And I'm reading about others who are putting Kerry Gold into their coffee instead of using Cream and lovin' it!
      I have been known, in my CW days, to eat pats of butter while I was buttering biscuits for breakfast. I think my body was craving the fat!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaradel View Post
        I have been known, in my CW days, to eat pats of butter while I was buttering biscuits for breakfast. I think my body was craving the fat!
        my mom loves to tell the story of her and her sisters, aged toddler to 5, back in the 60s got into sticks of soft butter and were mashing it all over the kitchen cabinets and eating it off of their hands while they did so xD

Comment

• I <3 this so much !!!
          Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
          It's The Boyfriend's birthday today, so I was card shopping yesterday. Found this one from Hallmark's Shoebox line that was SOOOO very close to perfect!

Outside - This just in! There's a tasty way to enjoy whole grains and leafy greens.

Inside - Feed them to a cow, and they'll turn into a delicious, meaty steak. Meaty birthday to you.
          "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Comment

• That reminds me of this ad of the YMCA.

Butter Commercial.mov - YouTube

Comment

• Yesterday I was at my dentist's. I hadn't seen her for two years (not good, I know). She was very impressed by my weightloss (57 lbs), couldn't stop commenting on it and congratulating me. And then she said:

Oh, you young people (I'll be 35 in a month , but I don't think I look it) have good metabolisms - that is the secret. I am 60 and I have been abstaining from animal products for the past two months (you know, the religious fasting thing where you are not allowed to eat animal products) and haven't been able to lose my extra 20 lbs...

Hm...
              Last edited by Sol y Sombra; 04-06-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol y Sombra View Post
                Yesterday I was at my dentist's. I hadn't seen her for two years (not good, I know). She was very impressed by my weightloss (57 lbs), couldn't stop commenting on it and congratulating me. And then she said:

Oh, you young people (I'll be 35 in a month , but I don't think I look it) have good metabolisms - that is the secret. I am 60 and I have been abstaining from animal products for the past two months (you know, the religious fasting thing where you are not allowed to eat animal products) and haven't been able to lose my extra 20 lbs...

Hm...
                Heh, a good metabolism is part of the equation. There are other parts playing a role, too: sleep, diet, stress, etc. It's like, whenever my mom whips out the BP test kit, she will point out I eat too many eggs.. There are other things playing a role into that test result. I'd like to say it's stress/lack of sleep.
                If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

• I've been keeping up with this pink slime business and now a recall on beef from Canada. Can you say local beef it's your friend?
                  The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                  Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                  Pope John Paul II

Comment

• Originally posted by MissJenn View Post
                    I commend her for doing WW but I almost feel guilty because this is just SO DAMN EASY!
                    I know! It's sad, really, because WW has good intentions...OK, maybe for profit, but it has support, encouragement, somebody to be accountable to each week...but the food is crap AND you have to suffer from cravings all the time because you're still eating grains & sugar!

Comment

• On Saturday, ended up being "kidnapped" by a friend, and dragged to Tim Horton's. She bought herself one of those new fancy fruit drinks, so I had her buy me one too. (She kidnapped me, she needed to feed me.) You have a choice of with, or without fat-free yoghurt. I chose yogurt, just because. And then, I had a brain storm! They sell bagels, with butter! So I asked them if they could put some butter into my fruit drink. For fat, you know. Of course, they stare at me for a moment, ask me to repeat myself--"butter?"--I say, yes, butter. And then I say, "wait. is it REAL butter? You know, from cows?" They nod, check, nod again. "Yep, real butter." I say, "cool, stick it in." So they stick it in.
                      My friend, by this time, is chewing her lip bloody trying not to laugh at what she deems utter idiocy on my part ("who puts BUTTER in a FRUIT drink?!" "only me," I tell her.)
                      I get my buttery fruit drink and we leave. She tries it, deems it acceptable. It is, until I realize the butter is not actually mixed in.
                      See, it's a frozen drink, so when they dumped in the butter, it froze. And then clumped together along the sides, with a HUGE chunk of it at the bottom. So there I am, sucking up chunks and chewing them, and then I stick the straw in the huge chunk, pluck it from the straw, toss it in my mouth, and start chewing.
                      It sorta redeemed the ultra-sugar-dump I was voluntarily inflicting on my body.
                      Of course, it totally grosses out my friend. It was awesome!
                      Not the drink, but the butter in the drink.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kimelah View Post
                        On Saturday, ended up being "kidnapped" by a friend, and dragged to Tim Horton's. She bought herself one of those new fancy fruit drinks, so I had her buy me one too. (She kidnapped me, she needed to feed me.) You have a choice of with, or without fat-free yoghurt. I chose yogurt, just because. And then, I had a brain storm! They sell bagels, with butter! So I asked them if they could put some butter into my fruit drink. For fat, you know. Of course, they stare at me for a moment, ask me to repeat myself--"butter?"--I say, yes, butter. And then I say, "wait. is it REAL butter? You know, from cows?" They nod, check, nod again. "Yep, real butter." I say, "cool, stick it in." So they stick it in.
                        My friend, by this time, is chewing her lip bloody trying not to laugh at what she deems utter idiocy on my part ("who puts BUTTER in a FRUIT drink?!" "only me," I tell her.)
                        I get my buttery fruit drink and we leave. She tries it, deems it acceptable. It is, until I realize the butter is not actually mixed in.
                        See, it's a frozen drink, so when they dumped in the butter, it froze. And then clumped together along the sides, with a HUGE chunk of it at the bottom. So there I am, sucking up chunks and chewing them, and then I stick the straw in the huge chunk, pluck it from the straw, toss it in my mouth, and start chewing.
                        It sorta redeemed the ultra-sugar-dump I was voluntarily inflicting on my body.
                        Of course, it totally grosses out my friend. It was awesome!
                        Not the drink, but the butter in the drink.
                        Thanks. You made me laugh out loud at this one. I bet every single one of the the Timmy Hos workers went home and told the story of the crazy nut who wanted butter in their fruit drink. Awesome.

Comment

• This weekend I was at a birthday party at a bar. Someone had brought a cake and were passing slices around. One girl there--whom I had never met--declined the cake, saying she was totally trying to avoid sugar! She then proceeded to sip her frilly cocktail made with sweetened alcohol and simple syrup.
                          "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                            This weekend I was at a birthday party at a bar. Someone had brought a cake and were passing slices around. One girl there--whom I had never met--declined the cake, saying she was totally trying to avoid sugar! She then proceeded to sip her frilly cocktail made with sweetened alcohol and simple syrup.
                            +1
                            Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                            Follow me on google+
                            Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                            "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Oh! How could I have forgotten! I have another doozy of a CW moment from the weekend. An old friend from college was in town so I met up with him for breakfast. We ended up at a generic dennys-like place because all the small interesting places were packed and he had a time crunch. While we talked we talked a lot about weight and diet. He's lost a lot of weight recently, which according to him was because of rigid adherence to Weight Watchers (which, ok, good for him). He was asking me about paleo, saying quite matter of factly that he was planning on "looking into it next." So I gave him my thumbnail sketch and elevator speeches.

The whole conversation was an abject lesson in double-think and double-speak, though, it was super trippy. I talked about good animal fats and whole foods, he said that's a really interesting point and then proceeded to order an omlette with "egg beaters" fortified egg-whites not 30 seconds later. Then, talking about WW was like this crazy dance of logical fallacies. Here is basically how it went down:

- He said WW has helped him be more cognizant of what hes eating
                              - I say thats great, but point out that WW doesnt really teach people to *understand* their food, cause of the inscrutable point-system
                              - He said that actually hes studied the material really hard and really is aware of the calories of his food
                              - I say well thats good, but theres a lot more to food than just calories; nutrition breakdown is really important
                              - He says well no actually WW has been shifting away from just focusing on the calories and their point system is based on a formula that takes into account the whole nutrient breakdown of the food so he doesnt have to worry about calories anymore.

I am not exaggerating. He literally said WW has been great because its taught him so much about calories in food but its also great because they dont talk about the calories in food, and responded to my argument that the point system is kind of arbitrary and inscrutable by basically proving that the point system is arbitrary and inscrutable.

I let the whole topic drop. Ill send him info on paleo/primal when hes done travelling but Im not holding my breath that its going to sink in, like, at all.
                              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Y'know, maybe that's what Primal needs. Some damned "points system," so we don't ever have to think for ourselves.

I like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X