No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the blood mobile, answering the questionnaire, my phlebotomist was doing the quickie blood test where they stab your finger, and she asked me if I was a meat eater as she squeezed out the blood.

I blinked. "You can tell that from my blood?"

"Oh, no!" she said. "It's just...those people (i.e., vegans) who don't eat meat. I have to go real deep for their blood sample so they can pass the test!"

I suspect this is an iron deficiency thing. Wouldn't surprise me. Also: more proof that you gotta be real careful if you want to thrive without animal products.

She then started talking about how she gave up sodas and it did nothing! nothing! to her waistline. And I said, "Give up grains." Then we made jokes about diabetes. Then the blood mobile decided it couldn't find my veins and I left without giving blood. Sensing I was disappointed, they offered me cookies. They were practically THROWING cookies at me. I said no and went on my way.

Good times.
    Steph
    My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
      What? Mine uses a gallon size of heavy whipping cream of the local large dairy manufacturer.

If your cream tastes sweet, then they used whippED cream and misunderstood you. So just ask them to make another. Once I had to send back my coffee twice to the barista because the first time around they used whipped cream, and the second time they dumped as much cream as there was espresso in my drink. Erm, no I don't want to drink straight cream mildly flavored with espresso =/
      This is actually called a caffè breve. I like 'em!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
        This is actually called a caffè breve. I like 'em!
        Heh, mine was a full on Americano. They dumped half the entire cup full of whipping cream =\
        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Originally posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
          I've been looking at getting a few chickens and was asking someone what they generally eat. I was told bread and tablescraps as well as pellets or whatever.

When I said I don't eat bread and never have table scraps because I eat all my food I was informed that I am taking things to the 'extreme'.

This came from the same person who told me I'm not enjoying life when I refused a slice of apple and cinnamon cake, and asked me if I really enjoy the food I do eat?

Give me strength.
          I have chickens, they eat leftover vegetable peelings, egg shells, bugs, ticks, leftovers that get a bit moldy if there are any, and same chicken scratch. Mine mostly are pastured so I don't feed them much during non winter months.

PM me of you want more info.
          The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
          Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
          Pope John Paul II

Comment

• Because everyone knows that the ONLY people who actually die eat bacon; or possibly just a last laugh.

Makers Of Baconnaise Introduce Eternal Pork Embrace: The Bacon Coffin - The Consumerist

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
              Heh, mine was a full on Americano. They dumped half the entire cup full of whipping cream =\
              Umm.... An americano is just water and espresso. No cream. Its just espresso that has been watered down to resemble drip brewed coffee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noctiluca View Post
                Umm.... An americano is just water and espresso. No cream. Its just espresso that has been watered down to resemble drip brewed coffee.
                Q : si ifits watered down espresso how is that different than reg. Coffee?
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                  It's usually the same strength as a regular coffee, but it tends to be a very different flavor. I suggest just giving one a try.

Comment

• Yeah, watered down espresso still tastes different because it's made different. Regular coffee is made with hot water over coffee grounds, espresso is made by forcing steam through coffee grounds and it condenses as it passes through. I like the flavor of espresso better than regular coffee.

Comment

• Originally posted by John1477
                      SF- That IS ironic, but fats have been linked to feeding cancers (I just learned). Apparently there are certain fatty acids that certain cencers need, so they tell women with a high risk of breast cancer to go on a low fat diet.
                      lately, there have been studies linking hyperglycemia to cancer, alzheimer's and so on. I believe there was a video posted, not too long ago, explaining how cancer feeds off of sugar.
                      If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

• Originally posted by Spubba View Post
                        Yeah, watered down espresso still tastes different because it's made different. Regular coffee is made with hot water over coffee grounds, espresso is made by forcing steam through coffee grounds and it condenses as it passes through. I like the flavor of espresso better than regular coffee.
                        This. Plus Starbucks brewed coffee always makes me jittery and headache-y.

In the above comment, I meant my drink was an Americano and not an espresso. So it was the base of espresso plus equal amounts of cream and water all the way to the top of the cup. =x
                        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                          As others have mentioned it does have a bit of a different taste due to the way that it is brewed, plus it's super fresh.

The reason it exists is because american GIs in europe wanted 'regular' coffee but it didn't exist there. So they got espresso that had been watered down. Hence it being called an Americano.

Now, just like your regular coffee, you can add cream and/or sugar if you want but an americano itself is just water and espresso.

Comment

• Espresso hits me more on the back of the throat. Even watered down (which I do sometimes at work to extend my cup-of-something-hot-and-tasty pleasure), it still has that effect. It's almost acrid.

Coffee, on the other hand, is more upfront.
                            Steph
                            My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Espresso always tastes burnt and horrible to me, no matter how diluted with cream and sugar. Regular coffee is much nicer. Especially cold-brewed coffee. Mmm.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by lssanjose View Post
                                lately, there have been studies linking hyperglycemia to cancer, alzheimer's and so on. I believe there was a video posted, not too long ago, explaining how cancer feeds off of sugar.
                                You replied to a spambot

Comment

Working...
                                X