Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jaradel View Post
    Can you think of a good reason why a 12 year old girl would need to drink a Shakeology shake? Not trying to be snarky, I really am looking for an honest answer.
    Nope, none what so ever
    Originally posted by L8F
    ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
      Oh they dont wash the bowl afterward, they get a new bowl every time. Tis why the dishwasher is ALWAYS FULL OF BOWLS!
      Haven't you written of them before?always expired/wasted food in the fridge?
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• One of my best friends is always worried about her fat intake. Whatev...

Anyway, today she told me that she avoids eggs because they're too high in fat.

I couldn't help myself. "No! Eggs are AMAZING food! They're like perfect nutrition you can hold in the palm of your hand!"

She replied. "Yes, but there's so much fat in the yolk. I just throw it away and eat the white."

I told her to give me all of her egg yolks next time. So sad.
        Durp.

Comment

• Recently posted on Facebook that I had been migraine free for 10-weeks (since starting this lifestyle)! I had them about weekly. Some fellow sufferers asked what I did, as they had them much more frequently. Knowing it was a bad idea to fully explain, I just said "I cut all grains and sugar and they stopped. Oh, and a minor change, I replaced all the CFL light bulbs in the apartment with LED ones."

The reply: "That second suggestion sounds much easier to implement. Or at least much more pleasant. "

OK, have fun with your migraines (takes industrial-size bottle of Excedrin out of purse and puts it in rarely-used corner of bathroom cabinet).

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
            One of my best friends is always worried about her fat intake. Whatev...

Anyway, today she told me that she avoids eggs because they're too high in fat.

I couldn't help myself. "No! Eggs are AMAZING food! They're like perfect nutrition you can hold in the palm of your hand!"

She replied. "Yes, but there's so much fat in the yolk. I just throw it away and eat the white."

I told her to give me all of her egg yolks next time. So sad.

Some of my friends, back in Southern California, have the same mentality. I'm sure they'll flip when I tell them how I got "leaner." I still remember having a friend of mine always going for the low fat; or fat free, options.
            If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

• was at the local BBQ joint yesterday and there was a family in the booth behind us. the mom was trying to get her four year old daughter to drink orange soda to make her "less cranky" and the little girl almost shouted: "I DON'T WANNA EAT SUGAR! SUGAR IS BAD FOR YOU!!"

Comment

• Smart girl. Shame she'll have to go to school soon, hope they don't destroy her mind and body.

Comment

• Originally posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
                  She's doing exactly that by coming to me for help thankfully.

Latest from the same trainer last night was that paleo is simply a fad diet. I had to ask him twice if he was seriously telling me that the worlds oldest human diet is a modern fad, he said yes.

They walk among us, and they breed.
                  This cracks me up so much... I think a lot of people who believe this don't understand what this dietary change prescribes. So you're I need sugar in my diet? No, OK, so you're saying I need processed foods in my diet? No, OK so you're saying I need bread in my diet instead of vegetables and some starches? No, OK, so you're saying the paleo diet has no downsides besides your preconceived conclusions?

Comment

• Originally posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
                    Latest from the same trainer last night was that paleo is simply a fad diet. I had to ask him twice if he was seriously telling me that the worlds oldest human diet is a modern fad, he said yes.

They walk among us, and they breed.
                    Your last line reminds me of a t-shirt I wish I had: "I see stupid people."

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• I think I blew the mind of the pretty young lady at the checkout line today:

She: "These bananas look a little weird."
                      Me: "Actually, they're plantains."
                      She: "Oh, cool, shredded coconut, what are gonna do with this?"
                      Me: "Probably just eat it with a spoon."
                      She: "Kerrygold butter..."
                      Me: "Yeah, it's for my coffee."

Then she saw the several tins of sardines I put on the conveyer and didn't really say much else as she finished ringing up my food.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
                        I think I blew the mind of the pretty young lady at the checkout line today:

Then she saw the several tins of sardines I put on the conveyer and didn't really say much else as she finished ringing up my food.
                        Awesome.
                        If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
                          I think I blew the mind of the pretty young lady at the checkout line today:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that, during this same shopping trip, I saw a little girl, maybe five or six years old, leading her mother on a chase down the aisle while she screamed, "I want sugar! I want sugar!"

Comment

• So me and two co-workers all fell into a winter slump and gained a bit of weight. I was definitely not primal, though I didn't eat bread or pasta.
                            We've all seemingly started a healthy eating kick as summer approaches, although I intend to not slip from primal again and make it habit once more. I work in a restaurant and the only things that can be made vaguely primal from the menu are chicken and steak.
                            The best thing is though that the vegetable side dish is cooked in butter.

The other day I was starving so ate a steak, grilled chicken breast, and a massive side of veg. One of my co-workers was horrified that I hadn't ordered it not cooked in butter "because it'll make me fat". Not to mention all the meat I was consuming.

The other also doesn't seem to understand that egg yolks aren't bad for you. No, I don't want egg whites only thanks...

I can't imagine what they'll be like when I come in one day and crack open a can of coconut milk to make a smoothie!

Mmm, fat.
                            My Primal Journal

Comment

• A frustrating CW moment in a Family Studies class yesterday. (I was helping) They were learning the Canada Food Guide. (I know, that in its self was bad enough) Anyway, they were drawing different foods on their charts. As the teachers we were giving suggestions. We were on vegetables.
                              Me: "You could draw corn, but it's really a grain"
                              Teacher: "Oh, no. Canada Food Guide says it's a vegetable."
                              Me: "What about corn oil, corn starch, Corn Flakes?" (We'd just drawn a bowl of cereal in the grains section)
                              Teacher: "That's cow corn"
                              Me: . . . (not about to argue with the "Teacher" in front of the students)
                              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse
                              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                                A frustrating CW moment in a Family Studies class yesterday. (I was helping) They were learning the Canada Food Guide. (I know, that in its self was bad enough) Anyway, they were drawing different foods on their charts. As the teachers we were giving suggestions. We were on vegetables.
                                Me: "You could draw corn, but it's really a grain"
                                Teacher: "Oh, no. Canada Food Guide says it's a vegetable."
                                Me: "What about corn oil, corn starch, Corn Flakes?" (We'd just drawn a bowl of cereal in the grains section)
                                Teacher: "That's cow corn"
                                Me: . . . (not about to argue with the "Teacher" in front of the students)
                                Cow corn!!!???

Comment

Working...
                                X