No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid spam. Make me open a new tab to read the spam so I can get an update when a real post appears. Spam is meat, but not primal.
    Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

Comment

• Read today on a diet website Q & A asking about food choices vs calorie count:

Technically, you could eat 1500 calories of white bread only and you'd still lose weight (if 1500 is less than what you burn). However, it wouldn't be a good idea, now, would it?
      So they ultimately told him that it was not healthy to do this, but people still believe that calories = calories. When will they learn that food choices do matter!
      It makes me sad that people are trying hard to do the right thing but failing because they have the wrong information.
      Without question, bacon is the most interesting meat in the world, and if it were capable of original thought, we wouldn't even be having an election this November in America. We would simply appoint bacon as our forever leader and live dutifully under its rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
        Great, I am all about community support! But what are they doing for a fundraiser? Yeah, you guessed it. Bake sale.
        This is when I make macaroons. You could even fancy them up with a maraschino cherry on top. No pit.
        Sandra
        *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

• Originally posted by Jbr3610 View Post
          Newbie here...long time lurker, first time poster. Have been primal for 8 weeks and loving it! I am slowly trying to convert my DH/kids....

My 2nd grade daughter had a speaker from Poison Control in her class yesterday.

She came home with the following coloring page....Some how I don't think this is what Poison Control had in mind as the "correct" answers!

[ATTACH]6326[/ATTACH]
          Bwhhhhaaaaa~! Your kid is awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
            And on we go, just been called disgusting for scrambling some eggs to put over my gammon and veggies at work, and was informed that it is unhealthy to eat more than one egg per day. I'll pay for eating 30 a week later in life apparently.
            you give that person the "SHUT. THE F. UP." face and eat those eggs
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandra in BC View Post
              This is when I make macaroons. You could even fancy them up with a maraschino cherry on top. No pit.
              Yeah im thinking of making some, like, "snack packs" of homemade dried fruit and nuts.
              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jbr3610 View Post
                Newbie here...long time lurker, first time poster. Have been primal for 8 weeks and loving it! I am slowly trying to convert my DH/kids....

My 2nd grade daughter had a speaker from Poison Control in her class yesterday.

She came home with the following coloring page....Some how I don't think this is what Poison Control had in mind as the "correct" answers!

[ATTACH]6326[/ATTACH]
                That.Is.AWESOME!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Originally posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
                  According to the member of staff she spoke to, she should only eat one yolk for every three eggs, eat wholemeal bread, avoid red meat (especially pork for some reason) and consume 2000 calories per day to maintain weight.
                  if that was me i would have said "ok" and done the complete opposite and then when i got great results tell the trainer what i did hahahaha

Comment

• My friend's preteen stepdaughter just posted on Facebook that she and her (natural) mom are drinking their Shakeology shakes. *sigh*

Comment

• Originally posted by chumbert View Post
                      I work with that guy's wife! She brings in bacon explosion for office parties sometimes, yummy! If it's not bacon explosion, it's some other meaty goodness.

Comment

• Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                        if that was me i would have said "ok" and done the complete opposite and then when i got great results tell the trainer what i did hahahaha
                        She's doing exactly that by coming to me for help thankfully.

Latest from the same trainer last night was that paleo is simply a fad diet. I had to ask him twice if he was seriously telling me that the worlds oldest human diet is a modern fad, he said yes.

They walk among us, and they breed.
                        Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaradel View Post
                          My friend's preteen stepdaughter just posted on Facebook that she and her (natural) mom are drinking their Shakeology shakes. *sigh*
                          WTF is "shakeology"??
                          "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                            WTF is "shakeology"??
                            Exactly If you're asking what it really is, and not being rhetorical, I looked it up last night - it's the latest in a long line of diet shakes that are supposed to help you lose weight. I didn't read a whole lot about it, tbh...

Comment

• Ugh. A couple of Facebook friends keep pushing the whole Body By Vi thing. Diet shakes = ick.
                              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Any of you on the Penny Arcade forums? There's some serious CW goosery in their weight loss thread. Well, the one in social entropy, which in general is filled with more silliness (unfortunately, the one in the debate and discourse forum is kinda slow).

A: "Oh it'll definitely have to change. Between high cholesterol and probable diabetes (should know in a few days), I definitely need to reduce the amount of fat, especially animal fat, that I'm taking in. Less red meat, and less meat overall. And both Jess and I eat more sweets than we should. We're on the path to eating even better, so it won't be a huge deal since we both like to cook most of our meals. But it will definitely mean some changes. So less red meat, less fats (especially bad fats), smaller portions of meat, less sugar, and more veg in general.
                                Fortunately Jess is awesome and is very supportive, so that will make it much easier."

So I responded with, highlighting the meats and fats section: "Does not compute. Where are you getting this? Invariably, every "animal foods make you unhealthy" study I've seen has turned out to be filled with confounding factors, correlation = causation media hype, and/or data that actually *goes against* that conclusion.

Now, there are definitely unhealthy fats, but I'd say most of it is in the form of all the "vegetable" oils that became popular in the past few decades rather than the animal fats our great grandparents grew up and cooked with. "

This was followed by the following responses:

A: No, bacon is not healthy for you.
                                B: Our great grandparents died at age 65. You might not want to take them as your first example.
                                C: But cavemen ate nothing but bacon and look at them!
                                D (with a Ron Swanson avatar): The best part about the paleo diet is the horrible constipation and the fact that you stink constantly. But you lose 10 pounds!
                                A: Yeah, I have a friend who's really into the paleo diet. While it's not an unhealthy diet overall, the rationale for it is stupid as fuck and you can definitely eat just as if not more healthy by including some foods in moderation that would be excluded under paleo.
                                B: Yeah, and I don't know if I want to mimic the diet of someone who expected to die of infection or mammoth stampede before the age of 50.

Then it devolved into talking about eating gummis and getting diabetes. Serious facepalm.

Comment

Working...
                                X