No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boyfriend is in the middle of his THIRD cold this season. He gave me the 2nd one, back in December, but not the other two.

"Hey, how come I keep getting sick and you dont?"

Yeah, you know the reason why. You just don't want to give up the bread. How's that working for you?
    Durp.

Comment

• My best friend decided that she is going to try cutting out carbs since she's been seeing how well I'm doing on Primal. Woohoo!

But, she says she is still going to eat sugar because she needs the energy it gives her. And also she could so never give up Diet Coke.

........... Baby steps, I guess.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Not really funny, but a really huge "ARGHGGHHDGHSDGJKSDFJKFJLJK" moment. Like I don't even see CW seeing this as healthy.

Was at the gym in the stretching area. Saw this rail thin Chinese girl signing up for membership and possibly training sessions. She looked at least 5'7" or 5'8" sitting down. Overheard the trainer signing her up say, "Oh you're 129lbs and want to lose 10lbs? Let's set your goal weight at 119lbs then." NO. nononononono
        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
          The Boyfriend is in the middle of his THIRD cold this season. He gave me the 2nd one, back in December, but not the other two.

"Hey, how come I keep getting sick and you dont?"

Yeah, you know the reason why. You just don't want to give up the bread. How's that working for you?
          Lol, this is true for me too. In my office there is one lady who is almost always sick, but coming to work every day still, and everyone who comes into contact with her gets sick. I work with her the most, far more than anyone else in the office, and I only came down with something during the week when I had <6 hours of sleep playing computer games at night. And even then, I didn't have to skip a day of work from feeling so crappy, like how everyone else did when they come into contact with her. It's really awesome, actually Winnnnn

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
            Not really funny, but a really huge "ARGHGGHHDGHSDGJKSDFJKFJLJK" moment. Like I don't even see CW seeing this as healthy.

Was at the gym in the stretching area. Saw this rail thin Chinese girl signing up for membership and possibly training sessions. She looked at least 5'7" or 5'8" sitting down. Overheard the trainer signing her up say, "Oh you're 129lbs and want to lose 10lbs? Let's set your goal weight at 119lbs then." NO. nononononono
            I sometimes feel bad for East Asian girls (and to some extent, the men too) who feel pressured into having to meet these ridiculously thin and fragile body sizes. You could be leaner and wear smaller clothes by strength training, but the number on the scale seems to be all that matters. Having a low body fat percentage is never the goal, only the number on the scale.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric5105 View Post
              I sometimes feel bad for East Asian girls (and to some extent, the men too) who feel pressured into having to meet these ridiculously thin and fragile body sizes. You could be leaner and wear smaller clothes by strength training, but the number on the scale seems to be all that matters. Having a low body fat percentage is never the goal, only the number on the scale.
              That's because none of the girls want to become big and muscular. Like farmers. That's why it's preferential for us to be white too.

Comment

• I was at Earth Fare (its a supermarket similar to Whole Foods), where the cashier remarked that the place gets really busy and the phone rings off the hook when Dr. Oz recommends something. I told her that I think he is a quack...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by dirlot View Post
                  at a work function with oh, they start passing the bread around the table and we say "no thanks we don't eat bread."
                  the response ""ah that is why you are so slim."
                  as they continue to eat the bread....lol
                  lol
                  " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

- Vincent Van Gogh

Primal Since January 2011

Comment

• saw a car today with the license plate LOFAT40
                    my primal journal:
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                      Yes, <3 unsweetened cran juice. My favorite "soda" these days is seltzer water (or pellegrino if youre fancy) with a couple splashes of cran juice and fresh-squeezed lime or meyer lemon juice. Super refreshing.
                      so question.. do ya'll juice it yourself or what?
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                        so question.. do ya'll juice it yourself or what?
                        not cranberry juice, I get that at the store. Make sure you're getting plain, unsweetened juice (its usually in a glass bottle). I juice the lemons and limes though, it tastes so much better than the stuff in bottles. I recommend getting them from Mexican or Asian grocery stores, so much cheaper.
                        "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• I can't STAND cranberry juice. Ughhh *shivers horribly*

But, when I'm putting lemon juice on my hair in the shower, I always lick the measuring spoon. Mmmm.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                            Not really funny, but a really huge "ARGHGGHHDGHSDGJKSDFJKFJLJK" moment. Like I don't even see CW seeing this as healthy.

Ugh, god this stuff is such a pet peeve of mine. At 5'5'' and 135 pounds I'm a whale and I must need to lose 25 pounds! Ultra skinny media ideals warping everyone's (mine included) ideas of how skinny they need to be. And then people call Kate Upton fat, she's a freaking swimsuit model with a 25 inch waist. Having big boobs does not make her "fat".

/rant
                            No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                            -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• I just started seeing this ad on Hulu for a new "deal" at Pizza Hut. They're calling it the $10 Dinner Box. It includes a medium pizza, cheezy breadsticks, and cinnamon-sugar breadsticks with icing.

So....A large crappy bread, with a side of crappy bread, and sugary crappy bread for dessert.

Even when I was on a SAD diet, I wouldnt have considered that "dinner," by ANY stretch of the imagination. Even when I was in grad school!

I couldnt find a link to the official commercial, but i found a video "review" of the product on youtube, which is even worse cause it shows it in all its greasy, sad, SAD glory:

Pizza Hut $10 Dinner Box Deal - 2012 - YouTube
                              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                                I just started seeing this ad on Hulu for a new "deal" at Pizza Hut. They're calling it the $10 Dinner Box. It includes a medium pizza, cheezy breadsticks, and cinnamon-sugar breadsticks with icing.

So....A large crappy bread, with a side of crappy bread, and sugary crappy bread for dessert.

Even when I was on a SAD diet, I wouldnt have considered that "dinner," by ANY stretch of the imagination. Even when I was in grad school!

I couldnt find a link to the official commercial, but i found a video "review" of the product on youtube, which is even worse cause it shows it in all its greasy, sad, SAD glory:

Pizza Hut $10 Dinner Box Deal - 2012 - YouTube
                                ive gotten this. was very disappointed it didnt come all in one box plus, it was crappy, but that's just Pizza Hut

Comment

Working...
                                X