No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just started a botany class. The instructor explained that cell walls are made of cellulose that we can't digest. So when we need to push things through our digestive system with fiber, what should we eat?

Someone piped up with "Grains." I almost chuckled at her slightly disgusted expression as I regurgitated the answer she had just given us- Plants.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• saw this at CVS yesterday--EGGIES!!
      it comes with an egg separator for HEALTHY EGG WHITES. ugh.

Comment

• Sad and frustrating...I'm babysitting a dog. He's a terror. He got out of his crate while i was gone and ate a whole stick of butter. Mentioned it to my man friend and he said
        "Bad dog! Eat all that butter and you'll get fat"
        "No you wont. Butter is actually pretty good for you"
        *splutters angrily* "Omg BUTTER MAKES YOU FAT"
        "Where did you hear that?"
        *thinks really hard* "Everyone knows that.......Oh yeah PAULA DEEN! She ate all that BUTTER and got DIABETES!"
        "No she ate processed sugar and bread with her butter so thats why she has diabetes. If you eat butter with broccoli everyday until you die....you'll eat broccoli for a long time"
        "Whatever I dont want to talk about food with you"

Le sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
          saw this at CVS yesterday--EGGIES!!

I have an egg separator, I use it to keep the egg yolks and throw away the egg whites. True story.
          "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• it makes me sad when people toss out the yolks. like i FEEL it, VISCERALLY

teh paaaaaiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssss
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
              I have an egg separator, I use it to keep the egg yolks and throw away the egg whites. True story.
              loool, that's what i'd do with it!

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
              it makes me sad when people toss out the yolks. like i FEEL it, VISCERALLY

T___T

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                it makes me sad when people toss out the yolks. like i FEEL it, VISCERALLY

Hell, I have a hard enough time tossing out the whites when I make mayo :B

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                  Well hey, now all you need to do is find a CW zombie who only eats the whites (shouldn't be hard -- they're everywhere) and you can go in halves on eggs! 50%-off savings!!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardwarehank View Post
                    Hell, I have a hard enough time tossing out the whites when I make mayo :B
                    Are you supposed to toss out the whites when making mayo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
                      Are you supposed to toss out the whites when making mayo?
                      I only use the yolk, not sure what I'd do with 2 egg whites, more stress figuring that out than it's worth D:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardwarehank View Post
                        I only use the yolk, not sure what I'd do with 2 egg whites, more stress figuring that out than it's worth D:
                        My mistake. I do remember using only the yolks. I usually just scramble the extra whites in with some other whole eggs.

Comment

• Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                          saw this at CVS yesterday--EGGIES!!
                          Hey don't be hating on the EGGIES, I bought 2 sets and do a dozen HB Eggs a couple of times a week. Between salads, snacks, whatever it does beat boiling and peeling regular eggs.

We did throw the separator out....
                          "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
                          2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

Comment

• I was reading the blog of a local news anchor earlier today. She’s not really overweight but wants to be healthier. This is what she wrote:

“On a side note I have been going to the gym daily and eating very sensibly. That same day I went to the grocery store I stocked up on healthy low fat items. I don’t think I have ever shopped healthier. Some of the items in my cart included liquid egg whites, flaxseeds, whole grain bread, lean turkey, Greek yogurt, almonds, turkey bacon and other healthy items!

You too can get healthy! I am down exactly one pound today.”

Ug. I just cringe when I read stuff like this. I hate to judge, because I could have said the same thing a few years ago when I was engulfed by “CW healthy” like her. But still, it bothers me. I’m guessing her Greek yogurt isn’t anything like Fage Total. Her daily exercise consists mainly of running around a track until she's about to pass out and then hits the steam room for some detox. Turkey bacon?! WTF?!
                            “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Hey, guys, look: A diabetes machine!

[sarcasm] It's about time! [/end sarcasm]

Cupcake ATM vends sweet treats | CNN

Comment

• I use an egg separator for making coconut milk ice cream. Thankfully, my gf's mom uses the egg whites for some beauty thing. But still, that's an expensive mask (pastured eggs)

Comment

Working...
                                X