Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
    *screams gutturally and shakes fists at the sky* YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, SPAMMERS!!!!
    They've started abducting parts of my sig in other threads. I'm thinking Mark needs captcha for creating an account or for making a post with more than one photo.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I've read this entire blog but haven't had much to contribute until now: My friend, Amy, was mortified when I told her I was going to start eating a high protein breakfast each day (Kruse's Leptin Reset). She said I was going to damage my kidneys. I fixed a 40 year insomnia problem on the LRx the first week! I used to weigh 40 lbs more than her but now I weigh 40 lbs less. Yet she still feels the need to tell me how to eat. The last dress she bought at Goodwill was a Maternity Dress because that's all she could find to fit over her bloated stomach. She isn't pregnant. She lives on fast food, Hot Pockets, Low-fat Yogurt (w/artificial sweeteners) and anything from a Vending machine at work.

So the other day, she was telling me how she's been so ill all week and she thinks it's due to food poisoning. She was on the phone with the Health Department and they were discussing whether or not the poisoning came from Arby's Restaurant or more likely from Hardees from eating there the day before she ate at Arby's based on her symptoms. And she thinks I'm nuts for not eating fast food anymore. Sigh.

Comment

*screams gutturally and shakes fists at the sky* YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, SPAMMERS!!!!
        I agree, I used to moderate a board and we bannuked blatent spammers and all their posts before they had time to catch breath. We had 3 active mods per board (all voluteers), and any hard decisions (such as a regular member kicking off) we discussed amongst ourselves and acted quickly.

Before I was a mod for the board I thought they didn't have a problem with spam because I never saw it, it was all dealt with so quickly. I'm sure there would be enough volunteers amongst the regular users here to zap the spammers quickly.
        My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silky View Post
          Before I was a mod for the board I thought they didn't have a problem with spam because I never saw it, it was all dealt with so quickly. I'm sure there would be enough volunteers amongst the regular users here to zap the spammers quickly.
          I've volunteered already, but never heard back from them. I wield a mighty banhammer, swift and terrible.
          Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by DuhPrincess View Post

So the other day, she was telling me how she's been so ill all week and she thinks it's due to food poisoning. She was on the phone with the Health Department and they were discussing whether or not the poisoning came from Arby's Restaurant or more likely from Hardees from eating there the day before she ate at Arby's based on her symptoms. And she thinks I'm nuts for not eating fast food anymore. Sigh.
            So, im probably jinxing myself here, but I have never had food poisoning. Ever. Sure ive eaten some things that have not sat well with me, but never have i gotten sick and throwing up and all that, which i was able to unquestionably tie to eating something and not just a general flu. It...kinda weirds me out that everyone else I know seems to consider it a normal, regular thing to expect sometimes from eating out.
            "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Silky View Post
              "You mustn't squat like that. It will ruin your underneath and you'll end up with a dropped womb!"
              In addition to how obviously insane its is that squatting would magically damage your ladybits, I'm more surprised that your COWORKER said that to you. I mean, maybe I'm uptight at work. But really who thinks that is appropriate?
              No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
              -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                So, im probably jinxing myself here, but I have never had food poisoning. Ever. Sure ive eaten some things that have not sat well with me, but never have i gotten sick and throwing up and all that, which i was able to unquestionably tie to eating something and not just a general flu. It...kinda weirds me out that everyone else I know seems to consider it a normal, regular thing to expect sometimes from eating out.
                i used to get it all of the time my friend nicknamed me Barfy because I was sick all of the time :C

Comment

I know, right?? I haven't actually thrown up since I was a kid. Whenever someone tells me "Yeah, I shouldn't have eaten that <whatever>, I spent the whole night puking." I am like "Wtf?? How?"

As far as I know, I've never had even mild food poisoning.. I very rarely even get stomach upset unless I'm starting my period (which is pretty much a full day of doomshits once a month. It's like clockwork). And I tend to eat some really questionable, visibly-starting-to-go-bad stuff.

Maybe I am just blessed or something.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by Trifith View Post
                    I've volunteered already, but never heard back from them. I wield a mighty banhammer, swift and terrible.
                    I love me some banhammers.

banhammer.jpg
                    Steph
                    My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Ohhh man. Today at work: overweight lady in the cube across from me,
                      "Oh Darn"
                      other co-worker: "What's wrong"
                      Overweight lady: "I copied some stuff in the copy room then went to the bathroom and left it there"
                      other co-worker: "Oh no...."
                      Overweight lady: "I know! Now i have to go back and get it. Oh well, at least I'm getting my workout for the day"

ummm

Calculated the number of steps taken to get from her cube to the bathroom.

Jesus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maureen M View Post
                        Ohhh man. Today at work: overweight lady in the cube across from me,
                        "Oh Darn"
                        other co-worker: "What's wrong"
                        Overweight lady: "I copied some stuff in the copy room then went to the bathroom and left it there"
                        other co-worker: "Oh no...."
                        Overweight lady: "I know! Now i have to go back and get it. Oh well, at least I'm getting my workout for the day"

ummm

Calculated the number of steps taken to get from her cube to the bathroom.

Jesus.
                        HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH WHAT?!!

At least when I tell people at work I'm getting my workout for the day, I'm lifting 10-15-20 pound boxes and walking with them to put them away. XD

Comment

I know, right?? I haven't actually thrown up since I was a kid. Whenever someone tells me "Yeah, I shouldn't have eaten that <whatever>, I spent the whole night puking." I am like "Wtf?? How?"

As far as I know, I've never had even mild food poisoning.. I very rarely even get stomach upset unless I'm starting my period (which is pretty much a full day of doomshits once a month. It's like clockwork). And I tend to eat some really questionable, visibly-starting-to-go-bad stuff.

Maybe I am just blessed or something.
                          You and I are the same... "Best Before" dates don't apply to me. If it looks/smells edible (or at least like it will be edible with a bit of time on the stove or in the oven) I'll eat it. Never been that sort of pukey food poisoned sick that other people seem to be. Knock on wood.

For what its worth, I'm not a chronic hand washer. Maybe that helps in the long run.
                          5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

Comment

Oh I’m right there with you. It’s considered very “normal” here too. I have never had food poisoning in any shape, way, or form. But it seems I’m constantly hearing people (mainly coworkers) complain about getting it, like it’s so freakin’ common. My guess is they have something else. If I got poisoned as much as them from eating out I would never eat at a restaurant again.
                            “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by GrokON View Post
                              You and I are the same... "Best Before" dates don't apply to me. If it looks/smells edible (or at least like it will be edible with a bit of time on the stove or in the oven) I'll eat it. Never been that sort of pukey food poisoned sick that other people seem to be. Knock on wood.

For what its worth, I'm not a chronic hand washer. Maybe that helps in the long run.
                              Ive wondered if, for me, it might be because im like super addicted to acidic foods. Like I could literally, right now, drink red wine vinegar straight from the bottle. For serious. As ive gotten older ive also gotten more into spicy foods. So maybe all that acid and spice helps kill the bad things?
                              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                                he also walked on water. he was a demi-god, he could basically do whatever the f*ck he wanted xD
                                Jesus was a poor guy. He ate poor People food. Numerous times it talks about "eating the fatted calf."
                                The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                                Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                                Pope John Paul II

Comment

Working...
                                X