Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silky View Post
    "You mustn't squat like that. It will ruin your underneath and you'll end up with a dropped womb!"
    That's 100% nonsense... and a hilarious euphemism!

Comment

• Originally posted by Amica View Post
      and a hilarious euphemism!
      I'm glad it is nonsense. I think I did read something about not squatting too deeply in late pregnancy, but I am definitely not pregnant.

What's the euphemism. I think I've missed something?

ETA Do you mean "underneath"? Yes I thought it was sweet too!
      Last edited by Silky; 02-27-2012, 02:24 PM.
      My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

• So back a few years ago I did a marathon and as incentive to keep training bought a running tank top at the beginning of my training to wear on raceday. It's a large. I did the race, but not in that top. It was too small and stretched across my stomach. I found the top today to toss on after my 30 minute walk before my weights. It fits now.

LOL, all of my fitness apparel now fits or is getting too big yet.... I do a lot less exercise these days. Chronic cardio Fail. Though I did 84 girl push ups today....

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

I'm glad it is nonsense. I think I did read something about not squatting too deeply in late pregnancy, but I am definitely not pregnant.
          That's because squatting opens that area up. Squatting would probably actually make childbirth easier.
          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

"You mustn't squat like that. It will ruin your underneath and you'll end up with a dropped womb!"

This was said to me last week as I was squatting next to, rather than bending over, a colleague's desk to help her with something on her laptop. Is this for real? I thought squats helped strengthen that area.
            Lol! So that's what I dropped on the floor at the gym today. I was wondering.

Actually, when I was growing up, some gym teachers still told girls that we couldn't do certain sports because it might harm our reproductive organs. I thought triple jump looked hella fun, but the dude teaching our class insisted it was off-limits for girls because it would jar our uteri too much.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
              That's because squatting opens that area up. Squatting would probably actually make childbirth easier.
              Squatting totally makes childbirth easier- that and kneeling. Laying down on your back reduces the pelvic opening by up to 60% and yet most US women give birth that way... strapped in beds. I wish I'd known what I know now with my first 3 births. My 4th birth was the most amazingly awesome experience of my life.
              That said, squatting as an exercise is NOT going to harm your reproductive organs. If anything a stronger pelvic area will keep things there they belong (and make childbirth easier too).
              Last edited by Kakes; 02-27-2012, 06:00 PM.
              You don't have to be sick to get better.
              Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
              Primal start: 1/2/2012
              My Primal Journal
              Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post

Actually, when I was growing up, some gym teachers still told girls that we couldn't do certain sports because it might harm our reproductive organs. I thought triple jump looked hella fun, but the dude teaching our class insisted it was off-limits for girls because it would jar our uteri too much.

Ha ha ha, so our uteri, in its well padded environment is at more risk than the exposed 'dangly bits' of the boys. LOL
                My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

• I heard a fitness instructor on Oprah say women shouldn't go running because their hips were too wide. Jeezzz.
                  My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

• Wow. Some of the stuff you guys are hearing is just plain scary.

Last I checked, those parts seemed pretty hardy to me!
                    Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post

what the hell? i figure testicles would be more 'prone to jarring', seeing as they hang out in the open and all
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

• I hear testicle jarring is a common practice after the bullfights in madrid.
                        In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                          I hear testicle jarring is a common practice after the bullfights in madrid.
                          Crap. Now I have to clean off my monitor...
                          Durp.

Comment

• For more comic gold on women and fitness, check out some of the stories people have to share here:

LIES in the gym :: stumptuous.com

I <3 Stumptuous.
                            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Doris15
                              Obvious excess in meat fat? That's a funny CW moment
                              *screams gutturally and shakes fists at the sky* YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, SPAMMERS!!!!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                                *screams gutturally and shakes fists at the sky* YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, SPAMMERS!!!!
                                Seriously. Who are the moderators around here, and where do they sleep?
                                Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X