Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
    And turned water into wine but trying showing up at the local Southern Baptist Church with a bottle or two. I still remember listening to a Sunday school teacher explaining it was non-alcoholic wine. LMAO.
    I used to sing at the Saturday night service, and they had communion every week. Unfortunately, wine gives me a 3-day migraine (sulfites) and that's what they use. They also use an actual loaf of bread instead of wafers, so I'm totally screwed.

Gluten and sulfites - it's what dark, quiet rooms are made for!

So... I passed.
    Durp.

Comment

• I'm descended from Odin on my father's side and Lugh on my mother's. Whatever I believe the bible says I'm destined for hell.
      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• " agnostibuddhipagans" Could you please direct me to a congregation? I am a spiritual person with no spiritual path.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
          It would be great if such a thing actually occurred. The Rapture types are, well, effin' annoying nuts, so bye bye, we'll miss ya. So, a little spring cleaning, that's cool. Plus then you'd have the unintended benefits of lower unemployment, empty houses for the homeless, less stinking traffic, and of course more bacon for the rest of us.
          Unless all the pigs get raptured too, then we're screwed.

Comment

• Originally posted by LJH View Post
            Unless all the pigs get raptured too, then we're screwed.
            no, doesn't the bible say that pigs are filthy animals? destined for hellfire

.....i would hella eat hellfire-crisped bacon

Comment

• Is it time for a 3rd off-topic split-off? :P

Comment

• I just want to say for the record that I may have propelled the last two offtopic tangents, but I had nothing to do with this one!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Today at the gym I was drinking a cup of black coffee before my workout (as I usually door just prior to a heavy session). A trainer walked up to me and said that I should probably be drinking a Red Bull pre-workout as it would be healthier.

I asked for an explanation but, not surprisingly, he could not come up with one.
                  My Leangains Journey

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

Comment

• the other day a friend of the people i work for came in with a bag of three croissants and demanded i take one. (you know the types that don't allow a "no" ) so, I took the smallest one, which was just smaller than my fist--quite small for a croissant. and he was like "NO, TAKE A BIG ONE!" and I was like "hell no, I want the small one". then he proceeded to eat both large croissants and then COMPLAIN that now he couldn't eat anything for the rest of the day because all of his daily calories that he's allowed were in those two croissants. In my head I was like "just don't eat the croissants...."

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloGrok View Post
                      Red Bull [...] would be healthier.
                      wh... What???

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Sometimes you're reminded of your past sources of information, like when you turn on your computer and there's your Women's Health Daily Dose email.

Todays's winning headline topic?

"Boozing After A Workout: Is It Safe?"
                        Durp.

Comment

• I realized, yesterday, that I am only 3 lbs heavier than I was during rugby season when I was in university (20 years ago).
                          There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                            I heard a story once about a Native American during the time that they were being given the choice between converting and death. As he was tied to the stake for burning he asked- "If I convert I'll go to Heaven when I die?"
                            "Yes"
                            "Heaven is where the Christians go?"
                            "Yes"
                            "Kill me now."
                            I identify with this man.

This scenario happened in this book. Excellent series.

Amazon.com: Aztec (9780812521467): Gary Jennings: Books

Comment

• We went and had a swank dinner last night with my parents. I called ahead and asked for a grain-free meal, and was happily provided six courses free of gluten.

My husband is normally on board with the paleo/primal life, but for occasions like this he has made clear he wants to just eat "normal". No problems. He waxed poetic about the cake at dessert and the pastry wrapping his main course beef wellington, and I ate my sorbet and salmon and was perfectly happy.

This morning, at breakfast, he says, "So...did you have heartburn last night?"

Me: "Nope!"

Him: "Oh. I did. I had to get up in the middle of the night and take a bunch of pepto."

Me: "Tee hee!"

Him: "Yeah, yeah."

That said...his wellington did look pretty awesome. But my meal was awesome in different ways, and they even made a really neat "ravioli" using thin slices of golden beet for the "pasta"! Definitely going to have to reproduce at home.
                              Last edited by onalark; 02-26-2012, 03:13 PM.
                              Steph
                              My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                                Sometimes you're reminded of your past sources of information, like when you turn on your computer and there's your Women's Health Daily Dose email.

Todays's winning headline topic?

"Boozing After A Workout: Is It Safe?"
                                Sounds like the Daily Mail. I assume you're american Rita and therefore won't know the paper. Basically a tabloid here in the UK that writes complete crap. For instance:

Things the Daily Mail says cause Cancer

Which has given rise to such ridicule as this:
                                Daily Mail Ridicule

Comment

Working...
                                X