No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a facepalm at lunch. I was eating my standard burger salad, my friend was eating whatever it was that struck his fancy that day. The table next to us was complaining that the restaurant did not load their burgers with veggies. Mind you, we were at the tables right in front of the burger bar with the veggies. Couldn't miss it if you were blind. Another person at the table with them points out the hamburger bar, saying "It ain't Whataburger, you do it yourself."
    "That's ok, I didn't want the veggies anyways. They all taste like crap." He looks over at our table and does a double take at what remains of my salad.
    "What's a vegetarian doing eating at [restaurant]?"
    My friend has already burst out laughing and responds before I can even get the words out of my mouth. "Dude, there was a pound of meat on there before she demolished it!"
    The slack jawed yokel look he got in response was priceless.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by paleo pika View Post
      I have nightmares about being on a similar eating plan...then I wake up and go eat a steak.
      Is it weird that I've been having dreams lately (as in, multiple nights this week) where I'm telling someone about paleo? And this morning I swear to god I woke up thinking about what kind of foods I could serve at a Star Trek theme party while trying to stick to primal requirements.

This is what I came up with after laying in bed for about half an hour:

Appetizer:
      - Bajoran spring wine (mead)
      - Bajoran moba fruit with cheese (halved red pears -- fruit makes me hungry, I don't know about you guys)

Main course:
      - blood wine (pinot noir)
      - roast targ (wild boar) over greens
      - gagh (shredded squash with some sort of sweet & spicy worcestershire-based marinade to make it brown)
      - plasma leek soup (turnip and leek soup)

Dessert:
      - raktajino (bulletproof mexican mocha)
      - flourless dark chocolate cellular peptide cake - with mint frosting

I think I may've just betrayed how much of a nerd I am...

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
        Is it weird that I've been having dreams lately (as in, multiple nights this week) where I'm telling someone about paleo? And this morning I swear to god I woke up thinking about what kind of foods I could serve at a Star Trek theme party while trying to stick to primal requirements.

Appetizer:
        - Bajoran moba fruit with cheese (halved red pears -- fruit makes me hungry, I don't know about you guys)

Main course:
        - gagh (shredded squash with some sort of sweet & spicy worcestershire-based marinade to make it brown)

Dessert:

Erm, I kinda sorta maybe had a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster after graduation from college and made blue milk when I was a kid. You aren't alone.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
          A TOMATO??? what?!?!
          IKR??? I chop up a whole plum tomato for my lunch salad daily. A tomato is a drop in the caloric bucket.

I cringe now every time I hear a health/nutrition segment on the local news, where all they tout is whole grains, low fat, etc.

My CW moment was breaking down and having a mini chocolate cupcake with white icing last week, amidst all the Valentine's Day treats at work. It didn't taste good. Actually, it tasted like chocolate flavored cardboard with sugar on top. It was a surreal moment, because pre-Primal I'd have scarfed half a dozen of them without a second thought. Now I'd rather eat my sliced strawberries, or if I want a decadent treat I'll have a piece of Green & Black's 70% dark chocolate with fresh ground almond butter.
          Last edited by Jaradel; 02-21-2012, 12:33 PM.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• My daughter started Primal eating with us at the beginning of January, and has made some great progress. It was amazing how quickly she lost her wheat belly, and her face already looks really different. I think she has finally realized that (at least) she is gluten intolerant. She's doing well, but hasn't started an exercise program in spite of joining a gym. (this is a girl who averaged 2 hours a day of dancing all through school).

Another young woman she works closely with has been trying to lose weight for about the same amount of time, by adopting a vegan diet and doing the Insanity workout every day. She texted my daughter last week, complaining that she hadn't lost any weight and wanting to know what DD is doing, "since you look so good". Co-worker seemed interested, and I told DD that it would be nice to have a Primal buddy at work.

Asked her last night if co-worker has decided to go Primal. No. It seems that she has decided to eat only vegetables now. Well, she will lose weight, right? I suggested she might want to add some butter, at least.

I just hope she isn't too crabby when she's starving. Not a pleasant work environment.

Comment

• The office is flooded with boxes of girl scout cookies. I really don't mind. There are like 4 boxes, open in the break room, and it is funny to watch them slowly disappear. The head count varies from day to day, but lets say we average 4 folks a day. Our office manager decided to give primal a go a few weeks ago. Saw her eating cookies last Friday. I really don't say much, but she has quickly learned to use the "its my 20%" get out of jail free card every time I see her with a cookie. I really don't care. Yesterday I was in early. She comes in and confessed that she paid dearly for eating those cookies over the weekend with stomach issues and a massive sugar/wheat hangover. In fact that is what she said it actually felt like on Saturday morning, a hangover. Could of rubbed it in, buy decided to take the high road.

I look at those open boxes now and actually think they are the equivalent of someone leaving a open box of rat poison on the counter.
              "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
              2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

Comment

• Originally posted by seashells View Post
                Oh, I was so happy with my husband last night as I was cooking chicken cutlets in bacon grease. He said how his co-workers had brought him food from Taco Casa and how horrible it was! Unheard of! And THEN he said, "I need to start eating more like you." I nearly fainted! And then this morning while I was mixing my lunch of tuna, olive oil, tomatoes, onions mashed with half an avocado, he said, "that looks really good!" I am totally going to start making his lunches next week. I'm so proud!
                Oh oh oh!! I suddenly was VERY hungry sunday night and made a bacon-egg-mushroom-avocado scramble and my bf said "hm, pretty good, needs some salt" I nearly bounced on him.
                January 14th-306.2
                January 21st, lost 2" off my waist.
                January 30th-300.2

Come to the edge she said.
                No, I'll fall.
                Come to the edge.
                No, it's too high.
                Come to the edge.
                I came
                She pushed
                And I flew

Comment

• I take great joy in drawing poison signs on the donut and cookie boxes at work, and circling the most offending items in the ingredient lists. It's not like people don't already know. They just have no idea of the impact.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• 3 king cakes outside of my office this morning, one is in the fridge for tomorrow. everybody in the building ate at least one piece... er well... except for this guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meegeek View Post
                      The office is flooded with boxes of girl scout cookies. I really don't mind. There are like 4 boxes, open in the break room, and it is funny to watch them slowly disappear.
                      I am so glad that I am no longer a slave to afternoon slump cravings. I see those thin mints and See's chocolates, but I don't register them as food in my brain and walk past, no problem. People think I have a willpower of steel lol. Although to be fair, I never liked girl scout cookies to begin with.
                      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Kakes View Post
                        Everything after breakfast sounds like he's feeding a pet tortoise.
                        lmao

I work at a pet store (complete with tortoises), and a woman came in the other day looking for a cat food with wheat in it because her cat was getting "too thin". She was currently feeding him a very high quality grain-free diet. Goddammit people.
                        "Itís not about how strong you are, itís how well you can move with that strength."

Comment

• Originally posted by Blanchy View Post
                          lmao

I work at a pet store (complete with tortoises), and a woman came in the other day looking for a cat food with wheat in it because her cat was getting "too thin". She was currently feeding him a very high quality grain-free diet. Goddammit people.
                          Good lord people are idiots. Truth be told my boss is a grown ass man and can eat 400 calories a day if he likes, but good lord it irritates me when morons feed their animals crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clymb View Post
                            I know! But yet fat is bad and...well, fat is just bad *rolls eyes*
                            Shhhh....if we let them know fat is good there will be less butter for us.
                            Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                            PS
                            Don't forget to play!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post

Appetizer:

Main course:

Dessert:

I think we should be friends, and you should invite me to this party. Nerds unite! My 2.5 year old knows the names of several star trek characters, and wants to be a Ferengi for Halloween.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                                I take great joy in drawing poison signs on the donut and cookie boxes at work, and circling the most offending items in the ingredient lists. It's not like people don't already know. They just have no idea of the impact.
                                Lol that's epic! I think I need to start doing this
                                "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                                --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                                --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                                --Hyperlithic

Comment

Working...
                                X