Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Seaglassgreen View Post
    On Friday I went out after work with some co-workers. We were discussing Paleo-type diets, because a couple of the co-workers are interested, and all of the sudden one guy was like "Wait, what, you don't eat bread?! Why?!!" Me: well, in general I am trying to avoid processed foods (I didn't feel like going into the whole thing, and i thought the processed foods thing would be easy to grasp) Him: Bread is processed?! Me: well, yeah, it's made from wheat and...ground... blah Him: Wait, you don't eat it because it's ground?!! *facepalm* (and then he didn't know what a bison was. so, yeah. )
    On the same note, sort of.
    Spent the weekend in the mountains with some friends, they know for some time we don't eat bread and try to eat healthy but they didn't know why.
    So the discussion came during lunch in a restaurant:
    Friend: So, why don't you make your own bread?
    Me: Well, we don't eat bread.
    F: Yeah, I know, but you don't eat bread because the one in the shop has additives. If you make your own, you know what you put in it.
    M: No, we don't eat bread because we think grains are unhealthy.
    F: Oh,...

    and continued to eat the bread in the hand.

    I didn't offer to explain why but I also didn't get a question back so I assume they don't want to know or just think we're wackos!




    The easiest explanation about this I gave to my work colleagues. I told them I have celiac/gluten intolerance so if I eat bread I'm sick (I never really developed any symptoms - I was never a regular bread/pasta eater but I did have the ocassional pizza/sandwich - but it's a good excuse). No more questions asked. It didn't really cast any wisdom on them, but at least I didn't have to explain every time why I don't like sandwiches.

    I do sometimes like to make fun of them eating bird food. Oh, man, Dutch people love their bread - having sandwiches 3-4 times a day!

    Comment


    • Does PETA ad featuring a young, pantsless woman in a neckbrace promote veganism, or offend? | The Cutline - Yahoo! News

      looooooooool

      Peta says that going vegan makes your libido skyrocket like a pornstar.

      i wish theyd take their stupid ads and dumb claims and gtfo

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
        Does PETA ad featuring a young, pantsless woman in a neckbrace promote veganism, or offend? | The Cutline - Yahoo! News

        looooooooool

        Peta says that going vegan makes your libido skyrocket like a pornstar.
        LOL, i can promise for a fact that this is soooooo not the case. You need sat fats and cholesterol to make hormones. No sat fats and cholesterol? No hormones. No hormones? Womp-womp.
        "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

        My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

        Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
          Peta says that going vegan makes your libido skyrocket like a pornstar.
          More like they are saying going vegan will make you a self absorbed asshole who doesn't care about the fact you are is physically injuring your partner. So truth in advertising?
          No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
          -Maimonodies

          The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

          Babes with BBQ

          Comment


          • I'm at the doc again now (ear infection) and although my primary doc is on board with paleo, the practice's TV here is like the Anti-Primal, Anti-Paleo Show:

            "How would you rather burn off the calories from a latte? Stairmaster or yard work?" (no option to just not drink it...)
            Commercials for "ask your doctor if insulin is right for you!"
            "Make these lower-fat choices to avoid dietary cholesterol..."
            "Ask your doctor about Lipitor!"
            "Try this energy drink!"
            "Diabetics, since carbohydrates affect your blood sugar more than fat or protein do, make sure you eat the same amount of carbohydrates at every meal."
            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

            Comment


            • What I need to know is, why the neck brace? erotic asphyxiation?

              I literally thought this was an anti-rape ad or something at first, that girl does not look happy at all. And did she really go to the market for one head of lettuce? is that all her superstar boyfriend needs? maybe he's mad she won't buy him real food....

              (not that its an excuse to beat anybody, but if a girl was only bringing me vegetables I'd have to ask her nicely to quit it)
              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

              Comment


              • I haven't really been on this thread.... ever I think, but one thing that's been pissing me off ridiculously is all those "energy shots" that are popular nowadays.

                Everyday is a 5 hour energy day? fuck you ...
                I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

                Comment


                • So what happens in North Carolina if your pre-shooler's lunch doesn't meet USDA guidelines for a "healthy meal"... they make your kid eat chicken nuggets.

                  Preschooler’s Homemade Lunch Replaced with Cafeteria “Nuggets”

                  Comment


                  • "Your child doesn't have a vegetable, so here, have some chicken nuggets." WHAT?!
                    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                      "Diabetics, since carbohydrates affect your blood sugar more than fat or protein do, make sure you eat the same amount of carbohydrates at every meal."
                      Yeah. It's always 0 grams of sugar at every meal.

                      It's not like they're lying or something .
                      Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                      Follow me on google+
                      Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                      "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Idioteque View Post
                        On the same note, sort of.
                        Spent the weekend in the mountains with some friends, they know for some time we don't eat bread and try to eat healthy but they didn't know why.
                        So the discussion came during lunch in a restaurant:
                        Friend: So, why don't you make your own bread?
                        Me: Well, we don't eat bread.
                        F: Yeah, I know, but you don't eat bread because the one in the shop has additives. If you make your own, you know what you put in it.
                        M: No, we don't eat bread because we think grains are unhealthy.
                        F: Oh,...

                        and continued to eat the bread in the hand.

                        I didn't offer to explain why but I also didn't get a question back so I assume they don't want to know or just think we're wackos!




                        The easiest explanation about this I gave to my work colleagues. I told them I have celiac/gluten intolerance so if I eat bread I'm sick (I never really developed any symptoms - I was never a regular bread/pasta eater but I did have the ocassional pizza/sandwich - but it's a good excuse). No more questions asked. It didn't really cast any wisdom on them, but at least I didn't have to explain every time why I don't like sandwiches.

                        I do sometimes like to make fun of them eating bird food. Oh, man, Dutch people love their bread - having sandwiches 3-4 times a day!
                        I call people bread pushers or grain pushers (they know I do not eat bread/grains etc) LOL
                        Karin


                        Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                        What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                          I call people bread pushers or grain pushers (they know I do not eat bread/grains etc) LOL
                          I feel for ya. My wife had BREAD BITES from dominoes last night. It's a good thing it was only 3 dollars.

                          I paid for vegetable oil covered bread.

                          Yuck.
                          Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                          Follow me on google+
                          Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                          "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                            What I need to know is, why the neck brace? erotic asphyxiation?

                            I literally thought this was an anti-rape ad or something at first, that girl does not look happy at all. And did she really go to the market for one head of lettuce? is that all her superstar boyfriend needs? maybe he's mad she won't buy him real food....

                            (not that its an excuse to beat anybody, but if a girl was only bringing me vegetables I'd have to ask her nicely to quit it)
                            naw, from her head getting bashed into the wall repeatedly cause that skinny little guy is a wild honey badger in the sack

                            all through that vid until literally the very end it looked like a domestic violence commercial. but only until the end, where there was a whole 1.7 seconds of her leering at him
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

                            Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                              I haven't really been on this thread.... ever I think, but one thing that's been pissing me off ridiculously is all those "energy shots" that are popular nowadays.

                              Everyday is a 5 hour energy day? fuck you ...
                              Even in my CW days, energy drinks sketched me the hell out. The only time I ever had them was if I was driving long hours that went into late in the evening, and MAN did those things work then. Even today, id probably have one for an extreme situation like that, but id probably only have to have half. But I lived with a woman for a brief period who had an ENTIRE sugar free rockstar (and a cigarette) for breakfast, every single day. I mean.....wow.
                              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

                              My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

                              Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                                Even in my CW days, energy drinks sketched me the hell out. The only time I ever had them was if I was driving long hours that went into late in the evening, and MAN did those things work then. Even today, id probably have one for an extreme situation like that, but id probably only have to have half. But I lived with a woman for a brief period who had an ENTIRE sugar free rockstar (and a cigarette) for breakfast, every single day. I mean.....wow.
                                I think the reason is different people metabolize caffeine at different rates. I'm a slow metabolizer and I always feel like caffeine had little effect on me. Back in college I could drink a can and fall asleep in class right after.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X