No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting about cutting the vagus nerve, but...
    An anecdote:
    A friend had the surgery four years ago, for weight and because she was pre-diabetic. She lost almost all the weight she was hoping to, and was eating small meals of meat and veg.
    At first.
    Now she is back to her old habits. Though she cannot eat some things, and only small quantities, she has a cookie almost every hour on the hour. The weight is coming back, and though I don't know what her blood sugar/insulin situation is, she has many outward signs of pre-diabetes and blood sugar swings, including tiredness/energy related to 'sugar' consumption, irritability, jitteriness, depression.
    It is heartbreaking to see, especially when one considers the pain and expense she went through to get to this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by sires6 View Post
      I took the words of someone else on the list and it works!!! I get a chuckle and I don't get the funny stares:

At church after Mass meeting some nuns visiting for the World Day to Pray for Consecrated Life there was coffee and doughnuts.

"Would you like a doughnut?"
      "Oh no, I'm allergic to Carbohydrates."
      "Really?"
      "Yes, I break out in fat."

Smile and a chance to share PB. Yeah!!!!
      I like it...a little more subtle than my response.
      Them - would you like a doughnut?
      Me - no thanks I don't eat grains.
      Them - Why not?
      Me - What do they feet livestock to fatten them up?

You can almost see the light-bulb go on.
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

• Mine's more:
        Them: Want some cake?
        Me: No thanks, I'm staying away from grains.
        Them: Why?
        Me: My thyroid doesn't like grains.
        Them: And?
        Me: The happier my thyroid is, the happier I am. Unless you WANT to hear about me going on a murder spree on the 6 o'clock news...
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post

Yup, sounds delightful. *shudder*
          But at least its not diabetes, so you cant fault them for false advertising! *Overly-enthusiastic grin and thumbs-up*
          "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• I think I just threw up a little. This raises my cortisol levels!!!
            GO GO JUICE
            You don't have to be sick to get better.
            Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
            Primal start: 1/2/2012
            My Primal Journal
            Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kakes View Post
              I think I just threw up a little. This raises my cortisol levels!!!
              GO GO JUICE
              there are so many things wrong with that video, i don't know where to start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kakes View Post
                I think I just threw up a little. This raises my cortisol levels!!!
                GO GO JUICE
                I was just about to come post about this. I am beyond appalled. I mean, these pageants in general are disgusting and horrifying. But this is really just beyond the pale.
                No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
                  I was just about to come post about this. I am beyond appalled. I mean, these pageants in general are disgusting and horrifying. But this is really just beyond the pale.
                  and whats even more disgusting about the pageants? the tv show that glorifies them :/

Comment

• When recipe calls for...use this instead - chicagotribune.com

I think the grossest suggestion was adding vegetable oil to low fat milk instead of using whole milk...

Comment

• Originally posted by rayout View Post
                      When recipe calls for...use this instead - chicagotribune.com

I think the grossest suggestion was adding vegetable oil to low fat milk instead of using whole milk...
                      *GAG* That's just awful!
                      You don't have to be sick to get better.
                      Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                      Primal start: 1/2/2012
                      My Primal Journal
                      Living, loving and learning.

Comment

instead of a one-ingredient thing, use this complicated mash of other ingredients!!

Comment

Why the hell does it want us to replace unsweetened baking chocolate? There's no sugar and barely any fat in it anyway!
                          "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                            Why the hell does it want us to replace unsweetened baking chocolate? There's no sugar and barely any fat in it anyway!
                            looool! i thought that was weird too!

Comment

• So I've been eating at my gf's a lot. I've talked to her mom a lot on healthy eating and she knows and agrees with much of what I eat. Then we cooked together one day, me making some grass-fed steak, she making some boiled broccoli. I see her throw in some salt and coconut oil. Then she takes a jar and throws in a couple of tsps of sugar. WTF?! Makes me a lot more hesitant about eating there now.

Comment

• Whaaaaaaat, sugar on brocccccooooli? EWWWW, what the heck! Tell her to try a squeeze of fresh orange juice instead (A real sweet orange, not those sour things they call oranges)
                                My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
                                Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

Comment

Working...
                                X