No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instead of eggs with yolk try 2 egg whites; or choose a commercially made, cholesterol-free egg substitute (1/4 cup).
    Oh, a commercially made, cholesterol-free egg substitute sounds so appetising.

/sarcasm

Comment

• Originally posted by Baloo View Post
      Oh, a commercially made, cholesterol-free egg substitute sounds so appetising.

/sarcasm
      I was trying some program that recommended Egg Beaters. I bought some, thinking it was just eggs...LOL NOPE! all kinds of weird additives! I was like wtf?

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        Twibble- Because of the way the forum reroutes things, that link sends you to the last page of my journal.
        Chocolate Valentino Cake
        from Sweet Treats by Chef Wan
        <snip>

Thank you! I did Google it the other day but I appreciate you posting it here
        Last edited by Jaradel; 02-03-2012, 10:54 AM.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
          This is quite possibly the WORST thing I've EVER read regarding "health":

Healthier foods for your heart - chicagotribune.com

And it's in the name of "heart health month". This is a downright ethical abomination. People are actually going to DO THIS. I've read a lot of awful articles written in the name of "health", but this is the only one I've ever seen advocating the use of MARGARINE. I mean really, MARGARINE. Even the most adamantly anti-saturated fat buffoons know that MARGARINE IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Even Paula Deen said she'll never drop butter for margarine because it's one molecule away from plastic. I'm getting dry heaves reading this.
          the sad thing is, is that in my pre-primal days, i would have taken every single one of those recommendations to heart...now the list absolutely disgusts me!

Comment

• Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
            I was trying some program that recommended Egg Beaters. I bought some, thinking it was just eggs...LOL NOPE! all kinds of weird additives! I was like wtf?
            Yeah I used to eat egg beaters x( So much fail. its basically just egg whites, pasteurized, with a bunch of extra crap thrown in to give it color and "nutrients." Ironically, I have since learned that some people who have reactions to eggs (as I believe I do) react to the egg WHITE and not the egg yolk. Last two mornings I have had yolk-only omlettes and felt fine. *sigh* so many wasted years...
            "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
              Yeah I used to eat egg beaters x( So much fail. its basically just egg whites, pasteurized, with a bunch of extra crap thrown in to give it color and "nutrients." Ironically, I have since learned that some people who have reactions to eggs (as I believe I do) react to the egg WHITE and not the egg yolk. Last two mornings I have had yolk-only omlettes and felt fine. *sigh* so many wasted years...
              My mother has 3 cartons in her fridge. I just want to dump them in the drain and replace them with a fresh carton of organic eggs.

Is that so much to ask?
              Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
              Follow me on google+
              Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
              "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                Last two mornings I have had yolk-only omlettes and felt fine. *sigh* so many wasted years...
                Mmmmmmm I've been thinking about making yolk-only omlettes. sounds soooo good! I never liked the whites anyway lol i don't know how people can eat scrambled egg whites--vile!

Comment

• Originally posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
                  My mother has 3 cartons in her fridge. I just want to dump them in the drain and replace them with a fresh carton of organic eggs.

Is that so much to ask?
                  empty out the Egg Beaters carton, get some real eggs and scramble them up and put them back into the carton. win?

Comment

Mmmmmmm I've been thinking about making yolk-only omlettes. sounds soooo good! I never liked the whites anyway lol i don't know how people can eat scrambled egg whites--vile!
                    It is, although I need to experiment with cooking to figure out what the best way to cook them is. I also drizzle in a little heavy cream into the yolks before whipping them up, otherwise theyre too sticky (damn my firm rich yolks from healthy birds!). Ive been calling them "custard omlettes" in my head.

empty out the Egg Beaters carton, get some real eggs and scramble them up and put them back into the carton. win?
                    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
                    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

I'm with you on scrambled egg whites, but I LOVE LOVE hard-boiled egg whites (NOM) and I love eggs over-easy. Instead of dipping toast into the yolks, I dip bacon, and then I mash up the rest of the egg with the leftover yolk. YUM!

I love eggs. And bacon. And butter. And avocado. And nice, RED meat. And....you get the picture!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaradel View Post
                        I'm with you on scrambled egg whites, but I LOVE LOVE hard-boiled egg whites (NOM) and I love eggs over-easy. Instead of dipping toast into the yolks, I dip bacon, and then I mash up the rest of the egg with the leftover yolk. YUM!
                        When I make hard boilled eggs, my hunny eats the whites and I eat the yolks! everyone wins lol

ohhh yes, bacon with egg yolk is delicious!! with some yummy salt..mm!

Comment

I've not seen any egg substitutes here in the UK but I suppose we probably have them somewhere.

Comment

• Finally catching up on this thread, sorry if this is a few days late.

Re: cat food

I feed my two cats the Blue Buffalo Wilderness dry food. It's grain, corn and soy free.

They've always had dry food but now they only eat when they're hungry. Before they would scarf down their food and be crying for more, yet they were overweight. They're thinner now and much happier. My female cat was having digestive issues (runny poo) so that's when I started looking for better food. If momma doesn't eat that crap neither should my kitties! The only downside with the Blue Buffalo food is that it makes their poo smell AWFUL!!! Seriously, room-clearing stench. I have no idea why.

Comment

• Originally posted by faithy22 View Post
                              Finally catching up on this thread, sorry if this is a few days late.

Re: cat food

I feed my two cats the Blue Buffalo Wilderness dry food. It's grain, corn and soy free.

They've always had dry food but now they only eat when they're hungry. Before they would scarf down their food and be crying for more, yet they were overweight. They're thinner now and much happier. My female cat was having digestive issues (runny poo) so that's when I started looking for better food. If momma doesn't eat that crap neither should my kitties! The only downside with the Blue Buffalo food is that it makes their poo smell AWFUL!!! Seriously, room-clearing stench. I have no idea why.
                              I'll take this to the spin-off thread for this after replying.
                              I know my dog had heinous smelling crap for the longest time, then we figured out that her system doesn't like chicken. Her training treats were freeze dried chicken livers, her food was the Blue chicken and rice... Yeah, the yard reeked. We switched her over to nonfowl food and beef liver trainging treats and no more problems.
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaradel View Post

I love eggs. And bacon. And butter. And avocado. And nice, RED meat. And....you get the picture!
                                Dippy eggs are my fondest childhood memory.
                                In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Working...
                                X