Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fabbecky View Post
    Okay there are really still women out there that believe lifting weights will make them bulky? I cringe every time I hear/read a trainer saying "women need to lift heavy weights too... won't bulk up..." because I think to myself - well DUH of course we won't bulk up! Maybe it's because I have been lifting weights since I was 15 and I'm 34 now. I love lifting weights and have always hated cardio.
    Seriously, I did the whole world of CW fitness from 16 to 30 and constantly all the CW aerobics instructors, personal trainers, magazines, everyone said, "Women WILL NOT BULK UP from lifting heavy weights unless they take steroids." It was common knowledge among anyone wh odid any kind of working out with anyone other than just herself.

I did get bulkier quads than I wanted, but then again, that's where my ffat has always deposited, and fat on top of strong legs isn't a great look, no matter what "they" say. Arms, never. They just won't bulk w/o male hormones in excess.
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
      I know GUYS who don't even want to do a deadlift.

It's like they're afraid of their health or something... oh wait!
      Deadlift and Squats are too much like real work for too many people.
      Last edited by Dirlot; 01-30-2012, 08:17 AM.
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

• A co-worker was talking about the new diet that she and her husband follow. It's one of these, you join and they ship you your food deals. The first point that made me go hmmm.. She was saying that here is so much bread with each meal they can't eat it all! The second point that made me almost laugh out loud (I was being nice)..she said for breakfast they had an English muffin and a bowl of oatmeal! I asked if there was any protein with breakfast and she looked at me like I was nuts (Get it!) and said, "no, you don't need to eat protein, only at dinner." Lol (OMG! She pays someone to slowly kill her and her husband!)

Comment

• Originally posted by GoozerGrok View Post
          "no, you don't need to eat protein, only at dinner."
          *brain explodes*

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by GoozerGrok View Post
            A co-worker was talking about the new diet that she and her husband follow. It's one of these, you join and they ship you your food deals. The first point that made me go hmmm.. She was saying that here is so much bread with each meal they can't eat it all! The second point that made me almost laugh out loud (I was being nice)..she said for breakfast they had an English muffin and a bowl of oatmeal! I asked if there was any protein with breakfast and she looked at me like I was nuts (Get it!) and said, "no, you don't need to eat protein, only at dinner." Lol (OMG! She pays someone to slowly kill her and her husband!)
            Ummm.. what? If I eat a meal without protein in it, it was purely accidental, I assure you. Protein in only one meal a day?! That's sacrilege and a affront to the gods. Eat bacon as penance, 1 slice for every meal eaten without bacon.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• So I work in a branch of a "family" restaurant chain and holy smokes are people slowly killing themselves and their kids.

I'm sorry but you should not feed mac & cheese to your 2 year old. I realise that it's on our menu and that it kinda sucks that it's shoving loads of carbs in to kids but c'mon.

I had a guy order this beef dip the other day (basically a beef sandwich, some dipping gravy stuff, and usually fries but he had a salad...) and he was asking me loads of questions about the fat content of the meat. Dude, if you're trying to lose weight how about ditching the GIANT bread roll?!?!

There have been far too many *facepalm* moments while working there. But they do do a mean steak and poached eggs. Nom.
              My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by sapphire_chan View Post
                Dog food has a ton of grain free options? In cat food there was only one type of canned food. I think maybe I should look up what, if anything, needs to be added to dog food to be okay for cats.
                There were seriously 8-10 different brand names with 5 or 6 different options per manufacturer. I was floored. 1/2 of the store was dedicated to grain free dog food. Plus they had a freezer full of raw food if you wanted to go that route.

Comment

• MY BOSS ONLY LOST TWO TENTHS OF A POUND LAST WEEK!

also, she's trying some sound therapy that's supposed to work with your body chakras? you put headphones on your body and play a specific music and it makes you all better.

Comment

• Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                    she's trying some sound therapy that's supposed to work with your body chakras? you put headphones on your body and play a specific music and it makes you all better.
                    Haha!

Comment

• Paleo/Neanderthin, anyone? (health issues, system, doctor, stomach) - Weight management - City-Data Forum - this thread is filled with a low of CW Moments

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                        a post from a friends journal on another site

Well, for day one of eating on plan, I think I did pretty well. Going to keep it as close to 1500 as I can. Today it was a stretch, had to add a LOT of calories at the end of the day because I was over 600 short for the day! Peanut butter and honey on crackers. Not a bad snack.

Anyway, ended up the day with about 1486 - via MyNetDiary. Don't know how much the wine cooler is worth, I am sure it was some, so I know it got closer to the 1500."

*sigh* there is just so much wrong with this.. she wont listen to me.. and bless her heart she wont lose either at this rate.
                        head:table
                        Crackers?
                        Health is Wealth!

Comment

MY BOSS ONLY LOST TWO TENTHS OF A POUND LAST WEEK!

also, she's trying some sound therapy that's supposed to work with your body chakras? you put headphones on your body and play a specific music and it makes you all better.
                          Now wait a minute, that actually works for me! I put the headphones on the part of my body where my ears are and crank up the Heavy Metal = miracle cure, truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by sapphire_chan View Post
                            Dog food has a ton of grain free options? In cat food there was only one type of canned food. I think maybe I should look up what, if anything, needs to be added to dog food to be okay for cats.
                            I went to Petco yesterday and picked up a bag of Blue Wilderness for my cats. The ingredients actualy looked pretty good. It's Blue Buffalo's line with no grain, corn, wheat or soy. I got the Duck Recipe because I figured it might have more fat. The Boyfriend was sceptical (they've been eating Friskies since before I came along, but the cats just loved it, even with their old food in a dish right next to it.

They also had canned cat food in the same line, and I picked up 8 of them - chicken, salmon, duck and turkey - but I thought I would wait a few days before introducing them so I could see if there were any problems with the dry food.

The dry was about $20 for a 5-lb bad (obviously less per pound for a bigger bag, maybe $30 or $35 for 10-lb?) and the can were about $1.50 for 3oz. I'm not saying it's cheap, but it's not terrible.
                            Last edited by RitaRose; 01-30-2012, 06:37 PM.
                            Durp.

Comment

MY BOSS ONLY LOST TWO TENTHS OF A POUND LAST WEEK!

To be fair there i a serious body of work on music therapy. Dont laugh at it while in vegan or you will lose your shirt among other things... much like how they make certain the O2 levels are just under combustion levels. it keeps people away for hours longer and they dont know it have been 24 - 48 hours
                              Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                              Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                              Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                                The dry was about $20 for a 5-lb bad (obviously less per pound for a bigger bag, maybe $30 or $35 for 10-lb?) and the can were about $1.50 for 3oz. I'm not saying it's cheap, but it's not terrible.
                                Yay, I'm glad they took to it! Also, you will probably find that since the food is a lot less carby than what they were eating before, they will actually eat a lot less of it because they will actually be full. Just like people! The food I buy for my girls is about $40 for 12lbs, and it lasts the two of them 2 solid months. $10 per cat per month is really not too bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X