Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
    Healthy whole grains, fruit, and plenty of dairy, dontchaknow.
    LOL exactly. I used to eat raisin bran for dinner. And breakfast. And a snack.

On a different note,

I had someone ask me recently if potatoes were gluten-free.

Reminded me of the time I was flirting with veganism and someone insisted that "proscuitto is vegan!"
    ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Originally posted by vontrapp
    CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
    Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by elainevdw View Post

On a different note,

Reminded me of the time I was flirting with veganism and someone insisted that "proscuitto is vegan!"
      There was a brief point in my life that I lived on cereal and spaghetti and homemade meat sauce. We were always told "if you don't like dinner, go fix yourself something after you finish that first serving." I ate a LOT of sugar cereals and raisin bran while Dad was finishing his culinary degree.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

Back when I was CW "healthy" I would have a bowl of cookie crisp or some other crap every night before bed.
        "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
        - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Comment

• Originally posted by newberrycrater View Post
          I brought one of my delicious almond flour cookie bars (made with farm eggs and icelandic butter) to my nephew. He was soooooo excited to get it and wanted to eat it right away but my sister insisted he wait til after supper. What did he have for supper you ask? Two bowls of raisin bran cereal. *DOH!*
          To be completely honest, I'd rather eat the Raisin Bran. Almond flour is not only a caloric disaster, but baked almond meal is nothing more than a huge rancid, oxidized omega 6 bomb. There is an industrial product very similar to baked almond and flax meal. It's called varnish. I'd rather eat Raisin Bran than a varnish cookie. I'm embellishing a bit, but grinding up all that omega 6 and baking it is toxic, and doing so to flax is even worse since omega 3 is even more unstable and prone to oxidation than omega 6!
          Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
            WTF???!?!?!?!? How is that rational even in CW?????
            um... HELLO! TWO scoops of raisins!!!

Comment

• Before I went Primal, I was eating pasta covered in butter and Parmesan almost every night for dinner. I still miss that, but it's more the butter and Parm that was the good stuff, not the noodles. I'll have to try the zucchini and see how that works out.
              Durp.

Comment

• My coworker was feeling really horrible about "poisoning" me with the criscocakes, so she proffered another, more Naiad friendly, baked good to make things better. I told her not to worry about it, "just give me a heads up if [she] use[s] Crisco or margarine in other stuff [she] bring[s] in." She kinda stops for a second and goes "I can't think of the last time I didn't use one of those when I... is vegetable oil ok?" *head desk* "Not really... Look, don't worry about it. This allergy's a pain to work around without using the really bad greases and oils unless I use olive oil or butter. I'll manage fine, just keep me posted if something is Crisco heavy." "Ok."
                I'm really grateful she tried to figure out how to fix things, but she's so CW that any oil she uses, short of olive oil, will contain one of my nemeses (cottonseed oil and soybean oil.)
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

My coworker was feeling really horrible about "poisoning" me with the criscocakes, so she proffered another, more Naiad friendly, baked good to make things better. I told her not to worry about it, "just give me a heads up if [she] use[s] Crisco or margarine in other stuff [she] bring[s] in." She kinda stops for a second and goes "I can't think of the last time I didn't use one of those when I... is vegetable oil ok?" *head desk* "Not really... Look, don't worry about it. This allergy's a pain to work around without using the really bad greases and oils unless I use olive oil or butter. I'll manage fine, just keep me posted if something is Crisco heavy." "Ok."
                  I'm really grateful she tried to figure out how to fix things, but she's so CW that any oil she uses, short of olive oil, will contain one of my nemeses (cottonseed oil and soybean oil.)
                  And weve learned recently that a lot of olive oils are crap too. And you should cook/bake with them anyway.
                  "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by chumbert View Post
                    I just discovered zucchini "noodles" and can't wait to make for my husband with really meaty and chunky spaghetti sauce! The youtube video I watched showed that you use a mandolin on a small Juliann setting to make long thin "noodles." Cut on all four sides with peel on, but stop before you get to the seeds. Then she sautéed in a pan with a little olive oil. I also saw another entry that said you could steam the veggie pasta and then add your sauce. It said to boil it will add too much water content. Anyway, this is my next pasta hope because my family was not too fond of the spaghetti squash. If anyone has tried this, was it good?
                    I made "pasta" with the spaghetti squash and I thought it was fantastic. The squash was the most delicious squash I'd ever tasted. It tasted like squash and when I put my pasta fixings on top, onions, peppers, sausage and organic pasta sauce it tasted like really good pasta. The taste of the squash was covered up by the sauce, sausage and veg. Now the squash did have a little bit of a crunch to it, but that was okay. I'm actually going to be making it this weekend for my friends since several of us are doing the Paleo/Primal thing now and it's my turn to cook. It not an exact taste substitute, but it was nearly identical. Not like those nasty primal pizzas...blech...

Comment

• I made some zucchini "noodles" with meat sauce and it was amazing. Instead of being a bland delivery system, it added flavor and texture. Can't wait to make it again.

Comment

On a different note,

My mother is recently-converted to paleo, and has started confabulating carbs with gluten. A couple weeks ago we were out to dinner and was highly concerned that they had brought my meal with a side of mashed potatoes. I only ate a bite of them but she knows that I can't eat food if they serve it with bread on the same plate.

Comment

• Originally posted by ladyerwyn View Post
                          Not like those nasty primal pizzas...blech...
                          The secret to the cauliflower pizzas is to be someone who eats dairy and to add a ton of cheese to the crust, and then cool it completely and reheat it. It's nowhere close to fresh pizza, but it is better than regular pizza left overs.

Comment

That's what I do. I love it. Didn't care for the spag squash, but zuke and carrot noodles are my best friends with spag sauce. Saute with butter or olive oil and LOTS of garlic until bendy enough for noodles.
                            Nomnomnom.

Hmmm. I should do those again.
                            Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• I've just got into work and its "wellbeing" day. There are mini health checks that you can sign up for and there is some healthy food on each desk as people come in. "Healthy" apparently constitutes fruit juice and dried fruit...the dried fruit is sultannas and apple fruit puree pieces - i.e. apple puree mixed with sugar, dried and cut into pieces according to the ingredients.

It has 20g of sugar in a 25g packet...and this is what my colleagues are munching away on at 9am together with fresh Orange juice... Might be a fun afternoon when everyone crashes!!!

Sugar is my nicotine...

Comment

• Yep, kaoticturtle, CW's got some weeeeird "healthy" ideas; I donated blood yesterday, and while my iron levels and blood pressure were great, all the techs were very concerned because I didn't want to eat a snack before I left.
                                These were my choices:

Oh, and soda/canned apple juice.

*facepalm*

Comment

Working...
                                X