No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it may be the taste is bad, i don't know. but i get heart burn when i drink plain water
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• I was talking with a coworker about how I can't eat flour (extension of the truth still counts.) She said "Well, what about the white kind? You can have that, right? That's not wheat." "That's wheat." "Oh, I thought only the whole [grain] stuff was." "Flour's flour." *crickets and a blank look* "I did not know that. Huh." And she wanders off towards her office. *facepalm*
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        I was talking with a coworker about how I can't eat flour (extension of the truth still counts.) She said "Well, what about the white kind? You can have that, right? That's not wheat." "That's wheat." "Oh, I thought only the whole [grain] stuff was." "Flour's flour." *crickets and a blank look* "I did not know that. Huh." And she wanders off towards her office. *facepalm*
        ...wow. Just... wow. I'm... wow.
        Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
        -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• I know someone has posted about this in the past (whether it be on this thread or somewhere else on the forum), but I had my first encounter with someone slowing down on the road this evening to ask if I was okay. I was walking barefoot (as per my usual).

Of course it didn't help that it pretty much rained all day and was still spitting rain when I was walking home. So, me + backpack + umbrella + holding sandals must've been a weird sight.
          Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
          -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Originally posted by Velocity View Post
            I know someone has posted about this in the past (whether it be on this thread or somewhere else on the forum), but I had my first encounter with someone slowing down on the road this evening to ask if I was okay. I was walking barefoot (as per my usual).

Of course it didn't help that it pretty much rained all day and was still spitting rain when I was walking home. So, me + backpack + umbrella + holding sandals must've been a weird sight.
            I am surprised someone in Miami actually asked you if you were ok

Dude, I drove through a puddle downtown so big today I would refer to it as a small lake. The water was definitely up to my car doors! I was totally stuck and had to drive through it... I am pretty sure the car floated at some point!
            Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
            Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
            Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lodini View Post
              I am surprised someone in Miami actually asked you if you were ok
              You and me both... especially given the predominant demographic that attends UM...

-- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Yesterday's funny CW moment:

A co-worker and I were discussing what our kids eat for breakfast. My daughter eats eggs everyday. Co-worker's response: "That's so bad for her cholesterol...I have been letting my kids eat Cocoa Puffs lately because it has less than 3 grams of fat and is made from whole grains."
                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread51572.html

Comment

• Oh, I had one at work the other day too.

My boss was eating a HUGE container of oatmeal, almost raw. It had berries and milk I think. He said eh was eating it to lower his cholesterol. Barf!

I told him that oatmeal isn't really the best way to lower cholesterol, about how low fat high carb diets lead to lower HDL. He than said to me that even though he eats his oatmeal everyday his lipid profile has not improved. Surprise surprise...lol I told him a little about primal/paleo, let him know about Good Calories, Bad Calories and The Primal Blueprint. I don't know if he will do it or not, but I planted the seed, no?
                  Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• I was watching a local tv program about cooking and they were cooking a meal and when the cook tossed in the butter, the host asked about a healthier alternative for butter.....

This is what the cook said...

"Oh ya, you can use canola oil instead".

Comment

• Went to the county fair yesterday... where they have bacon cheeseburgers with a glazed donut as a bun! I heard people talking about it was the bacon that would cause a heart attack. If they only knew...

Comment

• Originally posted by imasin View Post
                        Went to the county fair yesterday... where they have bacon cheeseburgers with a glazed donut as a bun! I heard people talking about it was the bacon that would cause a heart attack. If they only knew...
                        Oh, those have spread like wildfire the past few years. I think it originally started at a minor league baseball stadium's concession stand...

-- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• I'm sitting in a computer class right now and since it will be about 1 1/2 hours before we break for lunch, the instructor handed around a basket of candy......straight up candy, to hold us until lunch. We can have all we want and even take enough to be able to have some after lunch, if we want. I opted for black coffee.

They are so thoughtful.
                          Started my journey on May 22, 2010:

Beginning weight ~180
                          Current weight ~145

Nov. 9, 2009........Nov. 9, 2010.....Jun. 17, 2011
                          LDL 155...............LDL 176............LDL 139
                          HDL 39................HDL 66..............HDL 95
                          TGL 154..............TGL 77..............TGL 49

Comment

• @kcult

Take it all and save everybody else in the class from the insulin apocalypse!!! It's for the greater good!
                            A steak a day keeps the doctor away.

Comment

• One of my co-workers told me that he became vegetarian "for [his] health."

He is thin, though, and I suppose according to CW, thin = healthy. Which only masks all the other health problems that people can have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tawny View Post
                                Yesterday's funny CW moment:

A co-worker and I were discussing what our kids eat for breakfast. My daughter eats eggs everyday. Co-worker's response: "That's so bad for her cholesterol...I have been letting my kids eat Cocoa Puffs lately because it has less than 3 grams of fat and is made from whole grains."
                                ::face palm::
                                March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
                                Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

Working...
                                X