Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    Had this problem the other day.

I just gave up and wrapped what I was eating in bacon.
    mmm bacon. always a no-fail, go-to item!

Comment

• Originally posted by HavMom View Post
      "oh yes, we have a lot of creamers!"
      Hah. This only happens every single time I try to order coffee or make it anywhere but at home. If I say "NO... CREAM! REAL CREAM!!!" they act like you just asked for a turd.

My mom goes out of her way, mind you, to make sure she's stocked up on fat-free Coffee Mate(TM) for me whenever I'm over at her house. (She takes her coffee black.)

INGREDIENTS: WATER, SUGAR, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN AND/OR COTTONSEED OIL**, AND LESS THAN 2% OF MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, SODIUM CASEINATE (A MILK DERIVATIVE)***, COLOR ADDED, CARRAGEENAN, CELLULOSE GEL, CELLULOSE GUM, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE.

** Adds a trivial amount of fat.
      *** Not a source of lactose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spubba View Post
        INGREDIENTS: WATER, SUGAR, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN AND/OR COTTONSEED OIL**, AND LESS THAN 2% OF MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, SODIUM CASEINATE (A MILK DERIVATIVE)***, COLOR ADDED, CARRAGEENAN, CELLULOSE GEL, CELLULOSE GUM, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE.

** Adds a trivial amount of fat.
        *** Not a source of lactose.
        I see no cream in that cream...
        Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Hilliebee View Post
          Overheard at the grocery story tonight...
          Fat Man: "Honey, we are out of rice."
          Fat Woman: "Here we go. Instant Brown. I'm not getting white rice anymore. No white rice and no white flour in our house anymore! I'm outlawing white!" *throws a box of instant brown rice in the cart next to two packages of Goldfish crackers.*
          Well, its not white; its orange.

I personally think nobody should find out, and we should stay a secret society of health.

Sure it's sadistic, but think of the price of bacon if the status quo DOESN'T change.
          Yeah, sometimes I entertain myself by thinking that too, but the problem is the rampant cost of health care for people dealing with chronic issues becomes a drain on everyone, whether its by raising the premiums of private insurance or stretching the limits of medicare. Also think of how much a healthy, happy society could accomplish together, as opposed to a society where huge percentages of it are so sick and tired they are barely able to work, or even think for themselves.
          "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by tobias View Post
            haha i am the same way! i'll read through a recipe, notice that there's next to nothing in the fat department, and conjure up ways to add fat back in the recipes!
            I reverse engineered my grandmother's "Chinese beef casserole" once. It was one of my favorites as a child - ground beef mixed with canned peas & carrots, covered with *I'm not making this up* broken potato chips, random other stuff. I started reflecting on the idea that it appeared to me that all our favorite family recipes most likely originated from magazine ads for Campbell's or Kraft (etc.) products, and thought about what it used to be.

...ground beef
            ...peas & carrots
            ...potatoes on top.

Holy cow ... it used to be shepherd's pie. :headdesk:
            5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
            Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
            Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
            Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
            ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
              I reverse engineered my grandmother's "Chinese beef casserole" once. It was one of my favorites as a child - ground beef mixed with canned peas & carrots, covered with *I'm not making this up* broken potato chips, random other stuff. I started reflecting on the idea that it appeared to me that all our favorite family recipes most likely originated from magazine ads for Campbell's or Kraft (etc.) products, and thought about what it used to be.

...ground beef
              ...peas & carrots
              ...potatoes on top.

Holy cow ... it used to be shepherd's pie. :headdesk:
              I had a similar response after "correcting" Gramma's Sweet Potato Goodness. It was sweet potato hunks, layered with bacon, cream cheese, pineapple, and ham, and baked in a pie crust. I thought it it was just one of her odd recipes until she mentioned that my great great grandmother made it with white potatos and cheddar. Sweet Potato Goodness was Potato Sour Cream Casserole flipped on it's head.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• ^What about cracklins on top, or whatever those bits are called when you make tallow? Instead of the chips?
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Kimelah View Post
                  LOL!
                  I "hear" this in a tiny little ANGRY voice. And then I laugh some more.
                  That's how it sounds in my head too!

& Spubba, I hope you don't mind but "Y u no eat whole grains?" is now my desktop background, because it is freaking hilarious.

Comment

• Ooh, that reminds me. I haven't made Coconut Chicken in a long time.

Chicken breasts dipped in butter and rolled in a 50/50 mix of crushed pork rinds and shredded unsweetened coconut. Bake at 350F and welcome to GOODNESS!
                    Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                      Ooh, that reminds me. I haven't made Coconut Chicken in a long time.

Chicken breasts dipped in butter and rolled in a 50/50 mix of crushed pork rinds and shredded unsweetened coconut. Bake at 350F and welcome to GOODNESS!
                      That does sound good. Would that be boneless skinless?

Comment

• Went to the library this past weekend to pick up some reserved items that had come in. The 2 librarians gave me a raised eyebrow. My books:

The Great Cholesterol Con
                        Track Your Plaque
                        Good Calories Bad Calories
                        Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Linny View Post
                          Went to the library this past weekend to pick up some reserved items that had come in. The 2 librarians gave me a raised eyebrow. My books:

The Great Cholesterol Con
                          Track Your Plaque
                          Good Calories Bad Calories
                          Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child :P
                          Books I order from the library often mysteriously never come (they still owe me #1). Of course I'm a writer, and once I had to order a bunch of reference books about killing people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Linny View Post
                            That does sound good. Would that be boneless skinless?
                            That's how I make them, though I guess you could also make them with the bone in.
                            Durp.

Comment

• I wish you could do something like this with a whole chicken. I got one defrosting in my fridge...i was gunna do roast chicken with butter garlic and rosemary...but coconut chicken sounds sooooooooooo good.

Comment

• I'm not sure I understand why you couldn't? Just cut it into parts and do the same thing with it. I'm gonna have to try that recipe, it sounds fantastic. My mouth is watering at the mere suggestion of the crunchy goodness.

Comment

Working...
                                X