Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mixie View Post
    I believe linseed is the commercial name for flax seed oil =)
    Sounds right. Wasn't it also used to make oilcloth back when?

Comment

• Yup, and linoleum flooring.

Comment

• Which says a lot about the taste of flax seed and flax oil right there. I've tried just about every flax recipe there is; and I can't stand the taste of that stuff! I'll just go without bread rather than eating 'flax bread'.

Comment

• The grocery store's food magazine, again:

A better beef stew:
          This dinnertime classic trims the fat - and you won't even notice the difference.

[...] some classic versions can rack up as many as 620 calories per serving [...] so we gave the traditional beef stew recipe a slim-down.

They made a beef stew recipe that provides 270 calories per serving. It is shocking that they feel the need to reduce calories so much on what is normally the most filling meal of the day for many families!

So: you'll need to eat 3 bowls to feel just as full.

Or: you'll need to get the missing calories elsewhere. What is it going to be? Cookies? Ice cream before bed? Peanut butter jelly sandwich?

Thanks Fresh magazine, for helping people become more unhealthy and overweight! People around here don't have much time or knowledge on how to make nourishing meals. You need to encourage them to eat real food, not take healthy recipes and turn them into unhealthy ones.

I'm so disgusted...
          My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
          Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

Comment

• My GotD: It's Saturday and I can't sleep in to save my life. The second the sun comes up, I bounce out of bed. ARRGH. If I had wanted to be up at the buttcrack of dawn on a Saturday, I'd have got married and had kids!

Comment

• Originally posted by spubba View Post
              my gotd: It's saturday and i can't sleep in to save my life. The second the sun comes up, i bounce out of bed. Arrgh. If i had wanted to be up at the buttcrack of dawn on a saturday, i'd have got married and had kids!
              lmao!
              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
              "Moderation sucks." Suse
              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Linseed typically refers to th eindustrial versions of the oil that would be rancid and inedible. Flax seed typically refers to food grade oil.

Mother of five who usually sleeps in till ten am on the weekends...
                5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by Spubba View Post
                  My GotD: It's Saturday and I can't sleep in to save my life. The second the sun comes up, I bounce out of bed. ARRGH. If I had wanted to be up at the buttcrack of dawn on a Saturday, I'd have got married and had kids!
                  Serious! Last night I was hanging at a friends house and didn't get to sleep till almost 2 am, and then I didn't sleep well cause a couple friends were crashing on my floor and one snored like CRAZY, but the minute it became light I was awake and no amount of lazing about made me fall asleep. I've been taking it easy today cause with so little sleep I'm worried about getting the flu that's going around.
                  "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Watching a commercial for Kashi Go Lean cereal. They are promoting the fact that a serving has as much protein as an egg. Um... so just eat an egg, ffs!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Talking to my sister about attempting a paleo diet for her son, who is 16 and experiencing GERD:

Sister: "So...can he drink soy milk?"
                      Me: "Legume. No."
                      Sister: "What about rice milk?"
                      Me: "Grain. No."
                      Sister: "Almond milk?"
                      Me: "All of these have junk in them. Why are you concerned about milk?"
                      Sister: "Well...what are we going to put on his cereals in the morning for breakfast?"
                      Me: "....."
                      Sister: "Oh, right! No cereal!"

It was actually a very funny moment. I really feel for the kid and want him to feel better without having to resort to Prevacid. He's 16 for chrissakes. I hope they give it a try. I really just want my family to be healthy, especially the younger ones.
                      Steph
                      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaradel View Post
                        Watching a commercial for Kashi Go Lean cereal. They are promoting the fact that a serving has as much protein as an egg. Um... so just eat an egg, ffs!!!
                        But the egg has FAAAAT in it!

I love going through online recipes looking for directions on how long to cook X cut of meat and about 2/3 of the recipes I skim over say things like "This recipe uses chicken/turkey instead of beef and other red meats, so it's much better for you!"

And by "love" I mean "want to leave a flaming bag of poo on these recipe writers' doorsteps".

Comment

• Originally posted by Spubba View Post
                          My GotD: It's Saturday and I can't sleep in to save my life. The second the sun comes up, I bounce out of bed. ARRGH. If I had wanted to be up at the buttcrack of dawn on a Saturday, I'd have got married and had kids!
                          Definitely takes getting used to. I actually have to wait for stores to be open now!

Comment

• Originally posted by abstractpersona View Post
                            The grocery store's food magazine, again:

A better beef stew:
                            This dinnertime classic trims the fat - and you won't even notice the difference.

[...] some classic versions can rack up as many as 620 calories per serving [...] so we gave the traditional beef stew recipe a slim-down.

They made a beef stew recipe that provides 270 calories per serving. It is shocking that they feel the need to reduce calories so much on what is normally the most filling meal of the day for many families!

So: you'll need to eat 3 bowls to feel just as full.

Or: you'll need to get the missing calories elsewhere. What is it going to be? Cookies? Ice cream before bed? Peanut butter jelly sandwich?
                            Don't you know? The starving feeling is what actually causes the weight loss.

Comment

• So I was googleing "change fitday percentages" to see if I could get the app to stop freaking out that I'm eating too much protein and fat (My impression of the FitDay App Goblin: U've exceeded your daily protein limit!!!!1!! OMG I have to put this in RED so that u understand what you did wrong. Uz gonna diiiiiiiii !!! Y un no eat carbs?)

Couldn't find that. But I did find this:
                              The Three Primary Macronutrients and Their Importance

A quote:
                              Glucose is essential for the body, as it is the preferred source of energy in our brain, heart and central nervous system. For this reason, your diet should consist of at least 45 to 65 percent carbohydrate
                              F*ck you, Fitday. I'm going to go eat ALL THE SATURATED FAT EVER, just to make your tiny little electronic brain explode.
                              Last edited by Savannah; 01-22-2012, 02:57 PM. Reason: I before E except after C does not apply to protein.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
                                Word. Except those "Beef, it's what's for dinner," commercials they used to run. I never see them anymore, hm....
                                And the incredible edible egg!

Comment

Working...
                                X