Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coworker started Nutrisystem...

I was in a staff meeting yesterday, and we got on the subject of diets because one of the managers just started Nutrisystem. He was saying that the food tasted good for the most part, but he had yet to try some of the things. Two of the things he mentioned blew my mind. Apparently, one of the dinners is a pizza and another is a hamburger patty. Both of these items are shipped unfrozen. The "food" is currently sitting in his pantry. I cannot imagine how many preservatives / chemicals have to be associated with those "meals" for them not to rot, even if they happen to be vacuum-packed. Where do they get off selling people this crap?

This got me thinking about commercial diets (Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, etc.) that do nothing to teach you about nutrition. They force you to stick with the diet because you're not learning anything. They just say, "Here, eat this because we said so." Ugh. I'm convinced the people behind these diets don't even know the definition of a macronutrient, much less a micronutrient. And if they do, they sure don't want to explain it to their customers.

They eventually turned to me and asked me if I was still on the "caveman diet," which coincidentally makes me want to punch someone in the face. I mentioned that I do still only eat meat and vegetables along with a limited amount of fruit and dairy. I also mentioned how my skin has significantly improved and how my energy levels have never been higher. I guess they don't pay attention to me because I have never been overweight. I have thought about compromising my own health by gaining a significant amount of weight and then losing it again, but I doubt anyone would listen to me anyway. Also, I'd rather not feel like crap for months.

TL;DR Nutrisystem is crap, commercial diets trap people, I hate the term "caveman diet"

/endrant

Comment

• Originally posted by tstein13 View Post
      I was in a staff meeting yesterday, and we got on the subject of diets because one of the managers just started Nutrisystem. He was saying that the food tasted good for the most part, but he had yet to try some of the things. Two of the things he mentioned blew my mind. Apparently, one of the dinners is a pizza and another is a hamburger patty. Both of these items are shipped unfrozen. The "food" is currently sitting in his pantry. I cannot imagine how many preservatives / chemicals have to be associated with those "meals" for them not to rot, even if they happen to be vacuum-packed. Where do they get off selling people this crap?

This got me thinking about commercial diets (Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, etc.) that do nothing to teach you about nutrition. They force you to stick with the diet because you're not learning anything. They just say, "Here, eat this because we said so." Ugh. I'm convinced the people behind these diets don't even know the definition of a macronutrient, much less a micronutrient. And if they do, they sure don't want to explain it to their customers.

They eventually turned to me and asked me if I was still on the "caveman diet," which coincidentally makes me want to punch someone in the face. I mentioned that I do still only eat meat and vegetables along with a limited amount of fruit and dairy. I also mentioned how my skin has significantly improved and how my energy levels have never been higher. I guess they don't pay attention to me because I have never been overweight. I have thought about compromising my own health by gaining a significant amount of weight and then losing it again, but I doubt anyone would listen to me anyway. Also, I'd rather not feel like crap for months.

TL;DR Nutrisystem is crap, commercial diets trap people, I hate the term "caveman diet"

/endrant
      I clicked on a Nutisystem email just out of curiosity and out of 29 breakfast options, only 3 were not a grain/bread/cereal/pastry, etc. Two were eggs and the other one was a "maple flavored breakfast patty." OMG... the lunch was just as bad. Out of 33 lunch options, only 2 did not include beans/rice/pasta/grain/bread/etc. The chicken salad and tuna salad were the only two things I "might" touch. I didn't even look at the dinner, I was so disgusted. We are sheep and we are killing ourselves!!
      It makes me sad that people are trying hard to do the right thing but failing because they have the wrong information.
      Without question, bacon is the most interesting meat in the world, and if it were capable of original thought, we wouldn't even be having an election this November in America. We would simply appoint bacon as our forever leader and live dutifully under its rule.

Comment

• TL;DR Nutrisystem is crap, commercial diets trap people, I hate the term "caveman diet"
        You aren't alone.
        Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
        Follow me on google+
        Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
        "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Yeah, back in the day my mom was going to nutri-system and took me (I was a senior in high school at the time) for a consult. The system told me I should weigh 110lbs at 5'11. My mom quit that day and never looked back. 110lbs would have literally meant losing half of my body weight and perhaps a bone or two. Plus I was an athlete - volleyball and softball - and I lifted weights (this was before lifting was really even acceptable for women) and I can put on muscle like nobody's business. I still find them so ridiculous and wrong...
          Originally posted by L8F
          ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabbecky View Post
            Yeah, back in the day my mom was going to nutri-system and took me (I was a senior in high school at the time) for a consult. The system told me I should weigh 110lbs at 5'11. My mom quit that day and never looked back. 110lbs would have literally meant losing half of my body weight and perhaps a bone or two. Plus I was an athlete - volleyball and softball - and I lifted weights (this was before lifting was really even acceptable for women) and I can put on muscle like nobody's business. I still find them so ridiculous and wrong...
            Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
            Follow me on google+
            Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
            "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Originally posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
              Well that's spooky, I was just listening to Queen. Freddie was a god.

Re: Nutra(less)system. This thread made me laugh - I remember a friend who tried it a couple of years ago. She said it was the worst shit she'd ever tasted and would rather be overweight. She threw it out & cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabbecky View Post
                Yeah, back in the day my mom was going to nutri-system and took me (I was a senior in high school at the time) for a consult. The system told me I should weigh 110lbs at 5'11. My mom quit that day and never looked back. 110lbs would have literally meant losing half of my body weight and perhaps a bone or two. Plus I was an athlete - volleyball and softball - and I lifted weights (this was before lifting was really even acceptable for women) and I can put on muscle like nobody's business. I still find them so ridiculous and wrong...
                How did they get that number?! I went for a free consultation at a weightloss clinic a couple years ago and at 5'6ish with a "small frame" I was told 128-135. (I don't care how thick my wrist-bone is- I have the hips and shoulders of a farmwife- so I may have small bones but I do not have a small frame. ) I remember what I looked like in college at 155 and I'll stick with that as a goal, thank you. I simply haven't the bonestructure to pull off the delicate/anorexic look . . .
                http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• I, on the other hand, was told that the least I should weigh at my height is 130. I'm 5'3 with a small frame and hourglass figure. At 130, I look pregnant and start losing the hourglass and gaining another chin. At 125, I look reasonably fit. At 120, I look pretty damn hot. At 115, I look like I need a good fattening up. I'll stick with trying to stick between 120 and 125, thanks. The doc's chart is wrong.
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                    How did they get that number?! I went for a free consultation at a weightloss clinic a couple years ago and at 5'6ish with a "small frame" I was told 128-135. (I don't care how thick my wrist-bone is- I have the hips and shoulders of a farmwife- so I may have small bones but I do not have a small frame. ) I remember what I looked like in college at 155 and I'll stick with that as a goal, thank you. I simply haven't the bonestructure to pull off the delicate/anorexic look . . .

My guess is the number came because I was 17 at the time. It is still ridiculous for me as I am small boned but large framed.
                    Originally posted by L8F
                    ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

Comment

• I perpetuated CW the other day... I wanted to bring breakfast in for our morning staff meeting, but I didn't want to freak people out with a bunch of deviled eggs first thing in the morning. So I got everyone a bagel pack from Einstein's with a couple cream cheese "schmear" flavors.

I feel kinda bad feeding my coworkers food that I won't eat, lol.
                      ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Originally posted by vontrapp
                      CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
                      Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.

Comment

• Went to breakfast with my family today. My aunt got a giant plate sized pancake with a side of......? Scrambled egg whites. yuck!

Comment

• Originally posted by elainevdw View Post
                          I perpetuated CW the other day... I wanted to bring breakfast in for our morning staff meeting, but I didn't want to freak people out with a bunch of deviled eggs first thing in the morning. So I got everyone a bagel pack from Einstein's with a couple cream cheese "schmear" flavors.

I feel kinda bad feeding my coworkers food that I won't eat, lol.
                          Didn't somebody around here say they'd buy their coworkers donuts when they were feeling passive-aggressivly mean? I'm not gonna lie- that one has tempted me from time to time . . .
                          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• I lost 40 lbs on Nutrisystems a few years back, guess what, it all came back. My nutrition was not that bad either. Same with Medifast a few years before that. Both my wife and I went on Nutrisystems, although she stopped eating it awhile back, I was using it for lunches until last November. We had tons of it ordered through a special deal Costco had. To be honest, it was not that bad tasting, texture was sometimes weird. You are all right though, definitely not good for you. Nutrisystems is a not easy and I met some folks in their forums when I was on it, that lost a ton of weight, I kind feel bad for them now. It does not teach you how to eat, much less what to eat.

We went primal on the 1st and finished purging everything last week, the Nustrishit has left the building. No looking back. I am truly amazed that I am not missing anything foodwise since going primal. Also have this intense feeling of satisfaction when I eat anything now. Passing the 3 week point and am amazed everyday.
                            "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
                            2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

Comment

• Originally posted by tstein13 View Post
                              I was in a staff meeting yesterday, and we got on the subject of diets because one of the managers just started Nutrisystem. He was saying that the food tasted good for the most part, but he had yet to try some of the things. Two of the things he mentioned blew my mind. Apparently, one of the dinners is a pizza and another is a hamburger patty. Both of these items are shipped unfrozen.
                              The "cheese" is based on hydrogenated vegetable oil, and the "beef" is textured vegetable protein?

Comment

• Originally posted by tapper47 View Post
                                Linseed oil. Isn't that what they use to thin oil paint? I think I used to use that years ago when I was still painting. (Pictures, not walls)
                                I believe linseed is the commercial name for flax seed oil =)
                                “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
                                - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Comment

Working...
                                X