Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • (@*$%&-in work computer won't let me directly link to the product, but)
    "Complete Omega 3-6-9" at nordicnaturals.com

    Saw them at the grocery store and LMFAO!
    ("Look honey, if omega 3's are a good thing, adding 6's and 9's must mean these are great!!"
    Started 7/5/11 at 274 lbs
    Now 214 -- that's 60 lbs!
    Goal 160 lbs -- last time there was in junior high!


    "The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money." (Margaret Thatcher)

    Comment


    • On the broccoli/steak debate...
      According to my nutrition guide thing, it takes 4.4lbs of broccoli to give you the amount of protein found in 0.516lbs of meat.
      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
        On the broccoli/steak debate...
        According to my nutrition guide thing, it takes 4.4lbs of broccoli to give you the amount of protein found in 0.516lbs of meat.
        Also your body couldn't even absorb all the protein in the broccoli because it's not a complete protein. So you'll need more of another food for it to be effective.
        My chocolatey Primal journey

        Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

        Comment


        • on the broccoli/steak debate also....

          who ever voted for broccoli.........is wrong.

          END.
          "Today’s technological age is enjoyed by the fattest, laziest humans in the history of humanity." -Mark Sisson

          Comment


          • Overheard at Trader Joe's:

            Checkout Girl: "So what are you going to make with this?" (indicating a can of light coconut milk)
            Woman: Blah blah blah "maple syrup" blah blah "other junk I don't eat"
            Checkout Girl: "Oh! You know that grade B maple syrup is, like, FULL of nutrients! That's why you have to use it for the Master Cleanse diet. Because it has enough minerals to...uh...sustain you!"

            I pondered piping up and saying that I HIGHLY DOUBTED THAT (not to mention bio-availability and other sciency terms I'm sure they didn't want to here), but decided I didn't care enough.

            So then it was my turn.

            Checkout Girl: "So what are you going to make with this??" (indicating MY can of light coconut milk)
            Me: (think about it for a moment) "I think I'm just going to drink it."
            Checkout Girl: (Dead Silence.)

            Good times.
            Steph
            My Primal Meanderings

            Comment


            • Originally posted by onalark View Post
              Overheard at Trader Joe's:

              Checkout Girl: "So what are you going to make with this?" (indicating a can of light coconut milk)
              Woman: Blah blah blah "maple syrup" blah blah "other junk I don't eat"
              Checkout Girl: "Oh! You know that grade B maple syrup is, like, FULL of nutrients! That's why you have to use it for the Master Cleanse diet. Because it has enough minerals to...uh...sustain you!"

              I pondered piping up and saying that I HIGHLY DOUBTED THAT (not to mention bio-availability and other sciency terms I'm sure they didn't want to here), but decided I didn't care enough.

              So then it was my turn.

              Checkout Girl: "So what are you going to make with this??" (indicating MY can of light coconut milk)
              Me: (think about it for a moment) "I think I'm just going to drink it."
              Checkout Girl: (Dead Silence.)

              Good times.
              LOL nice one. When i was checking out a jar of coconut oil, the guy asked me what I was going to do with it. I was about to say "just randomly eat it..." but opted for "truffles" instead. I keep thinking about what he would have said in response to the first thing xD
              My chocolatey Primal journey

              Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

              Comment


              • so sad that I am done reading this entire thread! Just got onto the primal/paleo bandwagon, but have been dabbling in gluten free for a while. Almost have my two coworkers convinced to try it, one who has type II diabetes. Thanks for the laughs guys!

                Comment


                • .....romaine lettuce has more protein than steak.....?

                  i find that.. somewhat difficult to believe
                  Well this is true depending on how you look at it. It is true that 100 grams of steak has more protein than 100 grams of romaine. BUT... 100 calories of Romaine has 11.6G of protein and 100 calories of sirloin has just 5.4 grams of protein.

                  100 calories of romaine is a helluva lot of salad.:-) I think it is over 450 grams(a lb)

                  Cheers
                  J

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by spngebobmyhero View Post
                    so sad that I am done reading this entire thread! Just got onto the primal/paleo bandwagon, but have been dabbling in gluten free for a while. Almost have my two coworkers convinced to try it, one who has type II diabetes. Thanks for the laughs guys!
                    I went from WAPF to Primal and JUST DISCOVERED that all my pain and inflamation has gone away! I just figured it out! It took me four months to realized that I wasn't waking every day in pain, just some minor injury pain. All from dropping gluten!!!
                    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                    Psalms 144:15

                    Annie Sires

                    Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                    Pope John Paul II

                    Comment


                    • I love stupidmarket register moments. I buy something weird and I'll be asked what I'm going to do with it. Often I give a rough breakdown of how the food can be prepared and consumed, because I think it's sad that the young, most often obese lady ringing up my order has no idea what a damned artichoke is.

                      Occasionally I like to mess with people.

                      Supermarket register clerk: *Holds up jar of ghee* What do you do with this?
                      Me: Use it for cookin'.
                      Supermarket register clerk: *looks skeptically at the label* What is it?
                      Me: It's clarified butter. I cook with it, in the pan.
                      Supermarket register clerk: Butter? *frowns and handles the jar gingerly as she sets it down, as if it's going to leap up, grab her by the face, and lay eggs in her chest* You cook with butter?
                      Me: Oh yeah. All the time. Sometimes I just eat it with a spoon, right out of the jar. It rules.
                      Entire line, bagger, the clerk in the next line, and a couple of people walking by: *stares at me*

                      And then there's the time I was buying some vanilla flavored almond milk at Trader Joe's. I get the stuff that's unsweetened, but the vanilla flavor is REALLY strong. A very nice couple of old ladies ask me how it tasted. I told them "It straight up tastes like vanilla cake batter in a glass". Next question out of their mouths is "How much fat is in it". I said "Dunno, some I guess, but it's the good kind of fat". Those silly ladies wouldn't buy the damned almond milk because it wasn't fat-free.

                      Fine. Whatever. More for me.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Spubba View Post
                        I love stupidmarket register moments. I buy something weird and I'll be asked what I'm going to do with it. Often I give a rough breakdown of how the food can be prepared and consumed, because I think it's sad that the young, most often obese lady ringing up my order has no idea what a damned artichoke is.

                        Occasionally I like to mess with people.

                        Supermarket register clerk: *Holds up jar of ghee* What do you do with this?
                        Me: Use it for cookin'.
                        Supermarket register clerk: *looks skeptically at the label* What is it?
                        Me: It's clarified butter. I cook with it, in the pan.
                        Supermarket register clerk: Butter? *frowns and handles the jar gingerly as she sets it down, as if it's going to leap up, grab her by the face, and lay eggs in her chest* You cook with butter?
                        Me: Oh yeah. All the time. Sometimes I just eat it with a spoon, right out of the jar. It rules.
                        Entire line, bagger, the clerk in the next line, and a couple of people walking by: *stares at me*
                        LOL!! *You just short-circuited their brains. *Love it!*

                        And then there's the time I was buying some vanilla flavored almond milk at Trader Joe's. I get the stuff that's unsweetened, but the vanilla flavor is REALLY strong. A very nice couple of old ladies ask me how it tasted. I told them "It straight up tastes like vanilla cake batter in a glass". Next question out of their mouths is "How much fat is in it". I said "Dunno, some I guess, but it's the good kind of fat". Those silly ladies wouldn't buy the damned almond milk because it wasn't fat-free.

                        Fine. Whatever. More for me.
                        Those poor ladies are denying themselves the foods of the gods!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by onalark View Post
                          Overheard at Trader Joe's:

                          Checkout Girl: "So what are you going to make with this?" (indicating a can of light coconut milk)
                          Woman: Blah blah blah "maple syrup" blah blah "other junk I don't eat"
                          Checkout Girl: "Oh! You know that grade B maple syrup is, like, FULL of nutrients! That's why you have to use it for the Master Cleanse diet. Because it has enough minerals to...uh...sustain you!"

                          I pondered piping up and saying that I HIGHLY DOUBTED THAT (not to mention bio-availability and other sciency terms I'm sure they didn't want to here), but decided I didn't care enough.

                          So then it was my turn.

                          Checkout Girl: "So what are you going to make with this??" (indicating MY can of light coconut milk)
                          Me: (think about it for a moment) "I think I'm just going to drink it."
                          Checkout Girl: (Dead Silence.)

                          Good times.

                          I'm just curious.... LIGHT coconut milk? Why? It seems to go against the whole point of coconut milk: tasty saturated fat.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MrsToon View Post
                            I'm just curious.... LIGHT coconut milk? Why? It seems to go against the whole point of coconut milk: tasty saturated fat.
                            I think light coconut milk is simply diluted regular coconut milk, and frankly I always have to dilute my regular coconut milk before I use it in drinks otherwise it is just too damn extreme.
                            "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

                            My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

                            Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

                            Comment


                            • I love using Coconut Milk, shaken to make it nice and thick, right in my coffee. It tastes so good, and no sugars, well barely any. Oh, makes me want a cup of coffee with it just for the taste.

                              I too get those funny looks when I go to the store. I always proceed to tell them about 1) Primal 2) various info depending upon how I got to the info. Like when something comes up about sat fats, I always say there is no medical link between sat fats and heart disease, then I tell them about how I've lost two dress sizes and lost all the pain in my joints (yeah!!!).
                              The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                              Psalms 144:15

                              Annie Sires

                              Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                              Pope John Paul II

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                                I think light coconut milk is simply diluted regular coconut milk, and frankly I always have to dilute my regular coconut milk before I use it in drinks otherwise it is just too damn extreme.
                                Coconut Milk Information it's milk extracted after the good milk's been extracted. Looks light coconut milk is to coconut milk as olive oil is to extra virgin.

                                You might want to try letting one batch of coconut milk sit, skimming the cream to use for a recipe, and saving the skimmed milk for diluting another batch instead of using water.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X