No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atkins, before I knew about paleo, got me to lose 25 lbs. Much of the items that you can eat are are similar. But to be honest, I was mostly eating whole foods--nothing processed, etc, while I was paying attention to it. So maybe it was more paleo.

Love the Jim Gaffigan bit. I just got an ab workout watching that.

Comment

• Soooo very disappointing to encounter these in the store. Primal StripsŪ - Meatless Vegan Jerky - Primal Strips - Meatless Vegan Jerky - Primal Spirit Foods - Home of the Primal People

Comment

• Oh, and what is bulletproof coffee? I am new here . . . there are so many things that I have no idea what everyone is talking about. Ghee, manna, CW (just found out that one), NAH or is it NAD?

Comment

• Originally posted by Clymb View Post
          Hopefully I haven't posted this before, lol. Classic stuff:
          I can't see Jim Gaffigan without singing "Hot Pocket!" in my head.
          Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by sapphire_chan View Post
            lmaooo, i've tried those before. not terrible, but nobody i knew would touch them xD.....ok, theyre pretty terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracil View Post
              To be fair, the Paleo tent is in danger of falling through the same hole.

I've seen several "paleo" branded snacks that contain ingredients that make me raise my eyebrows.
              True. One can only hope that we continue to try and foster a sense of "Pay Attention To What Youre Eating, Dont Just Blindly Shove Something With a Label On It In Your Face" as paleo gets more popular.
              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Paleo directly and blatantly discourages the consumption of packaged foods. Most efforts to market paleo foods in processed form will be met with abject failure. Except in America.

As for cupcakes and muffins, my wife used get so mad when I got them mixed up. I kept telling her they were pretty much the exact same thing, bread in a shape, but she had some arbitrary definition she'd wave at me. 'sall junk.
                Last edited by Knifegill; 01-06-2012, 06:01 PM.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by sapphire_chan View Post
                  Reminds me of this:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXhJPey3i_A

Comment

• In front of me is a competition page from a magazine. The prize is the flat belly diet book with the accompanying cookbook. The picture on the front? An iced cupcake.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                      my mom eats primal and then has ice cream.. so understand.
                      Ahh but what kind of ice cream? I eat Hagen Daz.

Strawberry: Ingredients: Cream, Strawberries, Skim Milk, Sugar, Egg Yolks.
                      Vanilla: Ingredients: Cream, Skim Milk, Sugar, Egg Yolks, Natural Vanilla.
                      Chocolate: Ingredients: Cream, Skim Milk, Sugar, Egg Yolks, Cocoa Processed with Alkali.

I buy the one serving containers which usually last for two servings for me. Because I really can have just one bite.

Comment

• One visit, my mom bought some stuff with "Ice Cream" on the label, as soon as she left, I threw it in the trash. My problem wasn't that it was 'ice cream', my problem was that it wasn't. HFCS, sugar, skim milk, chemicals I don't remember, artificial flavor. My friend who actually likes Jiffy peanut butter even said the stuff was horrible. (I didn't taste it myself, even though this was pre-Primal.)

Comment

• An acquaintance started primal before xmas after seeing my results. She love the lack of hunger, increased energy and weight loss. She decided it was costing too much before xmas and wanted to save for presents....sigh.
                          Facebook post: Can anyone recommend a good diet for me? Even though she knows and admits primal works....too easy for her I guess....she needs the fad.
                          Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                          PS
                          Don't forget to play!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bron View Post
                            In front of me is a competition page from a magazine. The prize is the flat belly diet book with the accompanying cookbook. The picture on the front? An iced cupcake.
                            Hahaha gold, this made me laugh
                            Buzz71
                            Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
                            Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
                            Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
                            My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                              An acquaintance started primal before xmas after seeing my results. She love the lack of hunger, increased energy and weight loss. She decided it was costing too much before xmas and wanted to save for presents....sigh.
                              Facebook post: Can anyone recommend a good diet for me? Even though she knows and admits primal works....too easy for her I guess....she needs the fad.
                              Sounds like a waste of time to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mhatcher17 View Post
                                Oh, and what is bulletproof coffee? I am new here . . . there are so many things that I have no idea what everyone is talking about. Ghee, manna, CW (just found out that one), NAH or is it NAD?
                                love it!! do a search, there is a whole thread
                                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X