• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Ahh this thread is such a self-righteous circle jerk
    fap it!

Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
    Yeah, also theres a whole line of "Atkins Approved" low-carb cookies, crackers, chips, and other pre-packaged crap that we certainly dont touch (and id be willing to bet the late Dr Atkins himself wouldnt have been too pleased with either)
    looool, even Whole Foods has an "Atkins Rub" they put on some of their chicken in the meat counter

Comment

Aw, you're just mad because you got stuck sitting next to the one-armed guy!
      Durp.

Comment

• Today:

Boss: I know you don't eat carbs or gluten or sugar or anything, but do you want to split this blueberry muffin with me?

Me: *FACEPALM* Uh, no. Thanks.... You know that's cake, right?
        Prions are natures way of telling us that cannibalism is for losers.

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36522.html

Comment

• Originally posted by RedMenace View Post
          Today:

Boss: I know you don't eat carbs or gluten or sugar or anything, but do you want to split this blueberry muffin with me?

Me: *FACEPALM* Uh, no. Thanks.... You know that's cake, right?
          A muffin is nothing more than a bald cupcake!
          "The mountains are calling and I must go."
          --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
          --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
          --Hyperlithic

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
            Aw, you're just mad because you got stuck sitting next to the one-armed guy!
            Bwahahahaahahahahaahaha!
            Steph
            My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by Mhatcher17 View Post
              My mom makes the best cole slaw ever . . . but she puts sugar in it. She can over to dinner the other night and brought some (hubby chowed down), she of course asked why I wasn't eating any. I told her that I don't eat sugar and she said, but there is only a little bit . . . how much sugar do you really think you are getting?

More than I want . . .
              I remember reading in Sugar Blues (William Dufty) that sugar used to be (still is?) the "secret ingredient" mothers (and probably chefs too) would put in their food to give it that special oomph and make you want to eat more of it. Just like a drug...

Comment

• Originally posted by Clymb View Post
                A muffin is nothing more than a bald cupcake!
                Muffins are for people who are too chicken to just say they want cupcakes for breakfast...
                I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                  Yeah, also theres a whole line of "Atkins Approved" low-carb cookies, crackers, chips, and other pre-packaged crap that we certainly dont touch (and id be willing to bet the late Dr Atkins himself wouldnt have been too pleased with either)

I also tell people that no one "owns" the paleo diet. Its not a marketable brand like Atkins, South Beach, Zone, Weight Watchers, etc. What that means is there isnt a corporate system behind it, and that fact alone leads me to trust it more. Instead of being based on sales and market share, paleo is based entirely on research and community discussion and interaction to determine the best choices for oneself.
                  I just want to say in Dr. Atkins defence.... He was really onto something with a low carb lifestyle and to slowly re introduce carbs as you reach your goal. Also He was working with 70's medical knowlege when he first started working on his ideas.

That being said all the "atkins" products of the late 90s and 2000s was just marketing for people to lazy to do the lifestyle because there is a lot of cooking involved and people like fast and easy.

I feel as if the whole Paleo/primal movement might not be here if it was not for the work he did back when... although I could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sigi View Post
                    Muffins are for people who are too chicken to just say they want cupcakes for breakfast...
                    Hopefully I haven't posted this before, lol. Classic stuff:

"The mountains are calling and I must go."
                    --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                    --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                    --Hyperlithic

Comment

• Originally posted by Clymb View Post
                      Hopefully I haven't posted this before, lol. Classic stuff:

Hilarious!

Comment

its cheap therapy
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Ok.. staff appreciation breakfast for the whole district staff is next Monday.. here is the menu:

hot ham and cheese on a bagel, muffins, mini-danish, assorted cake donuts, mini bagels, cream cheese, jelly and margarine packets, granola bars, yogurt cups, fresh bananas and apples, mixed fruit bowl, juice, coffee, and tea.

in other words: crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, fresh banana's and apples, mixed fruit bowl (could be crap), juice, coffee and tea..

ummm I will stick to Bullet Proof Coffee and call it a day
                          Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by onalark View Post
                            Mom: "So I'm going to go back to doing that diet you follow."
                            Me: "Great! I know keeping to it over the holidays was hard. Glad to hear you're going back to it now that all the cookies and cakes are gone."
                            Mom: "Yes! We threw out all the cookies and cake and desserts, and I even bought some diet bread -- it's low carb!"
                            Me: "Mom. This isn't just about carbs. This is about quality of food, too."
                            Mom: "Oh, I know. But one slice with my eggs doesn't hurt!"

Guys, I love my mom. Love love love her. But I fear Atkins has trained her to read carbs instead of looking at food quality.

That said, she does trust (some of) what I say. When I mentioned most olive oil is just sunflower/soybean oil, she went with me to Trader Joe's and got a brand new bottle. So...some small victories.
                            my mom eats primal and then has ice cream.. so understand.
                            Karin

Comment

• I remember reading in Sugar Blues (William Dufty) that sugar used to be (still is?) the "secret ingredient" mothers (and probably chefs too) would put in their food to give it that special oomph and make you want to eat more of it. Just like a drug...
                              Funny, I do the same thing now, only my special ingredient is bacon grease.

I just want to say in Dr. Atkins defence.... He was really onto something with a low carb lifestyle and to slowly re introduce carbs as you reach your goal. Also He was working with 70's medical knowlege when he first started working on his ideas.

That being said all the "atkins" products of the late 90s and 2000s was just marketing for people to lazy to do the lifestyle because there is a lot of cooking involved and people like fast and easy.

I feel as if the whole Paleo/primal movement might not be here if it was not for the work he did back when... although I could be wrong.
                              No yeah, I have no problems with Dr Atkins himself, and of course his baseline ideas which are so in line with our own; what I get irritated with is what the "diet" has become: just another pre-packaged mass-marketing gimmick.
                              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• To be fair, the Paleo tent is in danger of falling through the same hole.

I've seen several "paleo" branded snacks that contain ingredients that make me raise my eyebrows.

Comment

Working...
                                X