No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrating outcome of CW... My cousin had a heart attack this week. He's going to be ok, but he's now on a pile of drugs and strict diet. Other family members comment how shocked they are, he's just past 50 and runs, and he and his family eat such a healthy diet! His wife and daughter are vegetarian, they eat nothing but whole wheat products, and plenty of legumes.

I'm ready to cry.

Member of my family says to me, I should be careful and cut back on the red meat, cousin has high cholesterol and he hardly eats any meat, and no red meat. My reply - I make sure I feed my body the nutrition it needs to heal and be healthy. He's not eating what he needs to fit basic nutrition. They see the progress I've made, they've read the books, but it's like talking to a brick wall.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
      Then he says, "Y'know, you sound like you'd really appreciate the raw food diet.
      Sure.
      Sashimi, carpaccio, parma ham....

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
        Sure.
        +1
        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
          Sure.
          +1000
          The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
          Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
          Pope John Paul II

Comment

• Originally posted by ElaineC View Post
            Frustrating outcome of CW... My cousin had a heart attack this week. He's going to be ok, but he's now on a pile of drugs and strict diet. Other family members comment how shocked they are, he's just past 50 and runs, and he and his family eat such a healthy diet! His wife and daughter are vegetarian, they eat nothing but whole wheat products, and plenty of legumes.

I'm ready to cry.

Member of my family says to me, I should be careful and cut back on the red meat, cousin has high cholesterol and he hardly eats any meat, and no red meat. My reply - I make sure I feed my body the nutrition it needs to heal and be healthy. He's not eating what he needs to fit basic nutrition. They see the progress I've made, they've read the books, but it's like talking to a brick wall.
            Sure. Eat like him and have a heart attack.

Comment

• So last night I come downstairs to make my self some dindin, and I take a look at the BFs plate. He's got a salad (good!) covered in ranch (bad!) and some canned peas (ewwwww). But the peas smell pretty tasty if they dont actually taste that way, so I decide to get out my frozen bag of peas to make myself some non crappy tasting peas. I boil em up, drain em and slip a huge pat o butter in them. (insert shudder of pleasure here) BTW for this story you need to know that my BF hates frozen peas and only likes the mushy awful kind from the can. Anyway, I get my delicious bright green peas on my plate, and my bf walks into the kitchen. He takes a look at his dirty army green peas, and then looks at my bright, verdant green peas and says to me: Those are so green they look fake.
              WHHHHAT????
              Me: peas look that way in nature sweetheart...the only thing in my bag o peas is ....peas.
              Him: my canned peas are just peas...
              Me: NO THEY'RE NOT!!! there are a bunch of preservatives and bad stu......(I trail off as he walks away)
              SIGH+FACEPALM

Comment

• Originally posted by Maureen M View Post
                Me: peas look that way in nature sweetheart...the only thing in my bag o peas is ....peas.
                Him: my canned peas are just peas...
                Me: NO THEY'RE NOT!!! there are a bunch of preservatives and bad stu......(I trail off as he walks away)
                SIGH+FACEPALM
                ugh, I hate when people think that canned food is just as good as fresh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                  Ahh this thread is such a self-righteous circle jerk
                  Huzzah!
                  "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• I have posted about frustration with the baby I watch before. Last time was the Gerber mac n cheese puree, this time just might be even worse. Gerber graduates "little crunchies", a nice healthy fat-free corn snack with powdered flavoring on it. Basically cheetos for babies. At least the corn is 100% whole grain *facepalm*

Comment

• Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                      ugh, I hate when people think that canned food is just as good as fresh.
                      My ex mother in law used to work at a cannery.... As if you needed another reason to avoid canned foods... it doesnt leave the warehouse for 7 years, ever. if the system crashed the same amount of people who eat canned food wont run out for 7 years
                      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                        Ahh this thread is such a self-righteous circle jerk
                        Lol! So true. I love it
                        "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                        --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                        --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                        --Hyperlithic

Comment

• "it doesnt leave the warehouse for 7 years, ever. if the system crashed the same amount of people who eat canned food wont run out for 7 years"

HOLY CRAP IN A CAN, BATMAN!

Comment

• Originally posted by onalark View Post
                            Guys, I love my mom. Love love love her. But I fear Atkins has trained her to read carbs instead of looking at food quality.
                            Now that my bf is trying Primal with me, we're getting a lot of questions about how Primal is different from Atkins/low carb. I try to explain that it's mostly meat and veggies, it's not low-fat, and you avoid wheat/sugar/processed foods. That last one is insidious because so many processed foods are marketed as non-processed foods, like vegetable oils.

I think part of the problem with "Atkins-friendly" foods is that people don't ask, "What can I do?," they ask, "What can I buy?" It's not very cost-effective to do primal without cooking for yourself most of the time. So that hole in the market for people looking for a wallet solution got filled with cheap, low carb crap.
                            ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Originally posted by vontrapp
                            CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
                            Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by elainevdw View Post
                              Now that my bf is trying Primal with me, we're getting a lot of questions about how Primal is different from Atkins/low carb. I try to explain that it's mostly meat and veggies, it's not low-fat, and you avoid wheat/sugar/processed foods. That last one is insidious because so many processed foods are marketed as non-processed foods, like vegetable oils.

I think part of the problem with "Atkins-friendly" foods is that people don't ask, "What can I do?," they ask, "What can I buy?" It's not very cost-effective to do primal without cooking for yourself most of the time. So that hole in the market for people looking for a wallet solution got filled with cheap, low carb crap.
                              Yeah, also theres a whole line of "Atkins Approved" low-carb cookies, crackers, chips, and other pre-packaged crap that we certainly dont touch (and id be willing to bet the late Dr Atkins himself wouldnt have been too pleased with either)

I also tell people that no one "owns" the paleo diet. Its not a marketable brand like Atkins, South Beach, Zone, Weight Watchers, etc. What that means is there isnt a corporate system behind it, and that fact alone leads me to trust it more. Instead of being based on sales and market share, paleo is based entirely on research and community discussion and interaction to determine the best choices for oneself.
                              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• My mom makes the best cole slaw ever . . . but she puts sugar in it. She can over to dinner the other night and brought some (hubby chowed down), she of course asked why I wasn't eating any. I told her that I don't eat sugar and she said, but there is only a little bit . . . how much sugar do you really think you are getting?

More than I want . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X