Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Multi-grain = more than one grain. Doesn't have to have any whole grains at all. It's a phrase that the grain industry has been using to get people to buy products (counting on the "multigrain" vs. "whole grain" confusion) for years.
    Evil and underhanded!!

Comment

• I read this whole thread last night. There were quite a few forehead slaps and LOLs.

I have now got a primal kitchen and got rid of all the crap. the DH understands this and has benefited very nicely by already going down one pant size in about 4 weeks, and getting heaps of compliments on the lunches I make him for work. BUT, the other night we were discussing food and Paleo/Primal life and he said "yeah, but Jesus ate bread right??". I'm not sure but I think he is confusing Jesus with Adam and Eve?? LOL
      Cheers
      Carlye

WWGD - What Would Grok Do?

Comment

• Lots of people ate bread. The inexpensive calories afforded by agriculture helped us expand civilization. That doesn't mean it was the most health-profitable food however... just easy calories to avoid starving to death.

CW of the day: "If you have diabetes, the only problem is to decide what is the best grain."
        The ONLY problem is picking which grain! Wow, who knew diabetes was so simple.
        "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by gfprof View Post
          My mother had a tumor removed last year. Post-surgery, they bring her to the hospital room and take her off the IV drip, then bring her a 'healthy' meal with 'solid' food. It consisted of one container of low-fat pudding, one container of low-fat jello, and one container of low-fat applesauce.

In the HOSPITAL!
          That's NOT surprising. Standard NHS hospital food the last time I was in hospital last year: -

Mains: - steak & kidney pie, Cornish pasties, meat slices (that's 'meat', gravy and onions encased in puff pastry), shepherd's or cottage pie, fish pie (fish in a white sauce topped with mashed potatoes), toast (ALWAYS the pappiest white bread they can find), sandwiches.
          Sides: - potatoes, chips, overcooked veg, baked beans, white pasta, white rice
          Desserts: - cake, sponge pudding (either 'vanilla' sponge (as in plain) or chocolate) served with treacle (really golden syrup), chocolate or fruit sauce, rice pudding, custard, ice cream, trifle (made with tinned fruit (probably in a thick, very heavy, syrup) jelly, custard and artificial cream) cake, doughnuts, danishes, raspberry or apple turnovers (fruit encased in puff pastry covered in sugar) because the last time I was in hospital I was in Lancashire, there were Eccles cakes (think of something resembling a jam doughnut, but made out of puff pastry, containing currants and covered in sugar), fruit pies, mousse (chocolate, strawberry, raspberry or vanilla) little pots of jelly, pots of fruit in juice and ice cream.

I have no reason to believe anything's changed - but you wanna know the irony? When I was visiting my nan in hospital, in the OT room, just opposite her ward, there was a poster advertising a group they could attend where they could learn all about 'healthy' eating (healthy's in quotes because it was bound to be the CW way)!!!
          La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

• Hey Shrinking_Violet, maybe Jamie Oliver should've been trying to improve Hospital dinners, not School dinners!!
            Cheers
            Carlye

WWGD - What Would Grok Do?

Comment

• Originally posted by GrokGoddess View Post
              Hey Shrinking_Violet, maybe Jamie Oliver should've been trying to improve Hospital dinners, not School dinners!!
              Well now that's just asking for the impossible. Those hospital foods are brought to you by the people that also brought you CW.;-)

Comment

• It never fails to madden/amuse/confuse me when I go into a hospital and see a damned McDonald's/Wendy's/Burger King.
                Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Here is my new one for the day.

An adult has decided to eat healthy and then wonders how to deal with cooking for the family, because they don't like the food. Um, that mother was making 3-4 different meals EACH night to accommodate her kids. No WAY would i do that. If I believe I am eating healthy, then of course I will feed my kids the same foods. Why should they eat junk food just because they don't need to lose weight? No one should be eating the SAD!!!! Since I have seen this theme multiple times on CW weight loss sites, I guess she isn't the only one that thinks like that.
                  Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Velocity View Post
                    It never fails to madden/amuse/confuse me when I go into a hospital and see a damned McDonald's/Wendy's/Burger King.
                    I would agree with one exception, years ago we had a former foster child that was in one of the children's hospital with a brain tumor, she didn't survive. They had a McDonald's there that we took her to. Primal or any other healthy diet be damned, those kids needed the comfort of something they enjoyed and if going to McDonald's gave them a bit of joy, so be it.
                    Randal
                    AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                    http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Velocity View Post
                      It never fails to madden/amuse/confuse me when I go into a hospital and see a damned McDonald's/Wendy's/Burger King.
                      It amazes me that I can go into a hospital cafeteria and there are no gluten free options. I guess they never expect sick people to voluntarily eat their food.
                      A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

• I feel really lucky on the full fat yoghurt issue - our supermarket shelves are brimming with the stuff - Rachels, Yeo Valley and Own brand Greek Yoghurts are ALL 10% fat and freakin' GORGEOUS. Tesco's full size tub is only £1 Genius!

Sorry to hear you are having problems tracking down. For some reason the brits are very accepting of full fat yog!
                        Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
                        **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Comment

• My friend was asking me about the primal thing the other day because she's noticed how much fat I've lost. I explained it to her, and she said, "But I do eat like that!" They cook mostly in line with the SCD because two of their kids are on the autism spectrum. I asked her about sugar intake, and she told me she only has one medium Tim Hortons ice cappuccino a day. I just looked it up--that's 47g of sugar in one drink alone!
                          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• I was in the break room making my breakfast and I overheard this conversation:

"So where do you want to go to dinner?"

"I was thinking Donovan's, or maybe Ruth's Chris." (Both steak places)

"I had a bad experience the last time I was at Ruth's Chris. Maybe I ordered the wrong cut, but it was all fatty."

Sigh...
                            sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Just watched Jamie Oliver's 'Jamie Does, French Pyrenees'.

It was interesting as the food in the show concentrated on animal products, saturated fat, cream and only the occasional bit of bread. Then he started talking about the 'French Paradox' and how in this area of the country there is a very low incidence of heart disease but no-one knows why. He even went board hunting with a group of blokes and the bbq'd the cutlets.

I looked up the FP on wiki and there are all sorts of explanations as to what is causing it but they just don't stop and think...maybe it's the saturated fat and lower carbs. It's right in front of their noses but obviously they just can't bring themselves to consider that could be the explanation.

We've got the tie in book from the series and I've checked the recipes and many seem to be really primal in the France section so I'll be doing a few of those.

Comment

• yeah french food rocks, confit of duck is my fav! and they will quite happily chow on a raw steak!

although watch out for skiing resorts, i skied for 4 months and didn't lose a thing (maybe a *little* tummy) as i was eating up crusty bread, croissants, potatoes, pizza, porridge...yadda...and i was having to cook for myself outside of my skiing groups coming out, or being provided for by my boss - rice, polenta, more rice, potatoes etc!

although the french do eat a fair amount of pomme de terres! potato to you and me.
                                Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
                                **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Comment

Working...
                                X