No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, the CWitude is hurting my head today. Y'all are literally making me feel ill. The calcium breading, the high wheat, high sugar "health foods" "FOR THE CHILDREN," Oh OW OWOWOWOWOW!! Yik.

Planning meals for next week vacation with family. Four families, four meals. DS sends out the proposed schedule:
    First family: chicken pot pie
    Second family: chicken and rice (this is assigned to me, btw. I bow out and volunteer pot roast, b/c cream of fillintheblank makes me feel HORRIBLE)
    Third family: chili
    Fourth family: Stouffer's lasagna

Matriarch's reply: "Good! Simple, healthy food."

?! I guess it's all my fault, though. I spent a decade trying to win them over to low-fat (no regard to nutrient content) food. :headwall
    (I'm planning to get a date night on Stouffer's night (I simply cannot eat wheat. It's destroying my gut) and bring jerky to supplement the meat I discreetly remove from the other meals. I love my family and have no intention of hurting their feelings ... and I love my body and have no intention of feeling terrible all week long!)
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
      ?! I guess it's all my fault, though. I spent a decade trying to win them over to low-fat (no regard to nutrient content) food. :headwall
      (I'm planning to get a date night on Stouffer's night (I simply cannot eat wheat. It's destroying my gut) and bring jerky to supplement the meat I discreetly remove from the other meals. I love my family and have no intention of hurting their feelings ... and I love my body and have no intention of feeling terrible all week long!)
      They wouldn't scoff at you if it was a peanutbutter allergy. Why not wheat? Just say you tested positive for antibodies (you probably do) and your body starts attacking yourself (obviously the truth.) Don't hide it because you don't want to hurt their feelings, your health is at steak... I mean stake!

Hope you don't mind my 2 cents.
      Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
      Follow me on google+
      Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
      "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Actually, they would scoff at a PB allergy. Like I used to, our family tends to have a thought that all people can eat pretty much all things. Their RA, lupus, obesity, cancer, and the rest tell a different story, but we have this family denial that diet has anything to do with anything (other than, of course, red meat being the death nell to all that is good and true).

I will have to open their eyes. Yes, I do, in fact, test positive for antibodies ... still researching just exactly what that means...
        5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
        Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
        Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
        Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
        ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
          Actually, they would scoff at a PB allergy. Like I used to, our family tends to have a thought that all people can eat pretty much all things. Their RA, lupus, obesity, cancer, and the rest tell a different story, but we have this family denial that diet has anything to do with anything (other than, of course, red meat being the death nell to all that is good and true).

I will have to open their eyes. Yes, I do, in fact, test positive for antibodies ... still researching just exactly what that means...
          Even conventional wisdom is afraid of allergies.

The red meat thing you're on your own. No matter how much I lose weight, my parents are still scoffing. Allergies are n=1 and specific to you.

Absolutely astounding cw is.

No more excuse making, put your foot down on the allergy thing. Some battles aren't worth winning. This one is. Allergies are no joke, not even slight ones.
          Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
          Follow me on google+
          Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
          "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
            this would have tickled me pink when i was a zombie veghead, but now that i like dairy again...NOOOO! lol
            From reading Beyond Broccoli, I remember one part was that Harvard used to recommend low-carb for health. Then their nutrition dept got a massive donation by the grain industry. Right after that, they changed their tune to low-fat is good for you!

So yeah, Harvard's been bought out since a long time ago.

Comment

• I've got a friend who's a bit of an alternative health nut -- he and his wife actually own a business that I've seen help a lot of people, including my own mother, although she didn't stick to what they recommended and eventually reverted to her previous constantly-ill state.

Anyway, he's very open minded, and he and I were recently having a discussion about health and food. I was explaining the tenants of primal to him, telling him how I eat and work out. We even spent a few minutes both cracking jokes about high-fructose corn syrup.

Then he says, "Y'know, you sound like you'd really appreciate the raw food diet. Have you ever seen Forks Over Knives?"

If I were any less of a man, I probably would have just started crying out of frustration.

Comment

• Mom: "So I'm going to go back to doing that diet you follow."
                Me: "Great! I know keeping to it over the holidays was hard. Glad to hear you're going back to it now that all the cookies and cakes are gone."
                Mom: "Yes! We threw out all the cookies and cake and desserts, and I even bought some diet bread -- it's low carb!"
                Me: "Mom. This isn't just about carbs. This is about quality of food, too."
                Mom: "Oh, I know. But one slice with my eggs doesn't hurt!"

Guys, I love my mom. Love love love her. But I fear Atkins has trained her to read carbs instead of looking at food quality.

That said, she does trust (some of) what I say. When I mentioned most olive oil is just sunflower/soybean oil, she went with me to Trader Joe's and got a brand new bottle. So...some small victories.
                Steph
                My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by onalark View Post
                  most olive oil is just sunflower/soybean oil
                  What?
                  In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• with just a smidgen of olive oil added for taste
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

• It's fake. Most olive oil is fake. The term "pure" is defined as "contains a certain amount of olive oil, and other oils" or something like that. It's mostly canola.
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                        The term "pure" is defined as "contains a certain amount of olive oil, and other oils" or something like that. It's mostly canola.
                        that's convenient

Comment

• a glimmer of hope in a dreary CW world: i had some leftover candy canes on my desk at work (I'm a receptionist at a chiropractors) and a little girl asked if she could have one. I said "if your mommy says it's okay, then you can" and I asked and she said "oh nooo, because of the artificial dyes" I was like OMG I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND <3 <3 respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                            What?
                            Discussed on the forums hee-yah:
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread43669.html

There was another thread, too, but I can't find it right now. My search-fu is not working. Too many people using olive oil. :P
                            Steph
                            My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Text from my Dad: Doctor prescribed me a high protein diet. So, lots of meat and potatoes for me!
                              My response: Potatoes are starch.
                              Reply: Yeah, but they taste good together.

Comment

• Ahh this thread is such a self-righteous circle jerk
                                You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Working...
                                X