Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On cream in coffee:

I've started asking for heavy cream in my coffee as well. I get different reactions every time, depending on who's making the coffee. The looks can be pretty amazing. It does make the coffee so much better, though.
    I got an Americano with heavy cream the other day, and I guess the kid must have been new or something, because he asked if I still wanted water in it. Mentally I went "Duh... isn't that how an Americano is usually made?". Maybe he assumed I wanted the espresso shots and then the rest of the cup filled with heavy cream. ...I might have to try that next time.
    Also, I've noticed that you have to be very specific if you want your lattes and such made with whole milk - the standard is now apparently 2% milk. *sadface*

Comment

• I love the "is whipped cream still ok?" when I ask for whole milk in my mocha or hot cocoa. Naaw- I want more fat in my milk but not in my whipped cream. Of course, I guess after making so many lattes with skim milk and whip- logic can be a bit scrambled . . .
      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by onalark View Post
        ... bizarre whitegirl eating habits.
        Snort! I love that!

Also love tripe & that soup sounds goooood.

Comment

• Originally posted by LJH View Post
          Snort! I love that!

Also love tripe & that soup sounds goooood.
          I just made oxtail soup last night, and added a couple beef tendons to get my offal fix for the week. Pretty damn tasty, and cheap as hell.

I eat the tendons. My husband eats the oxtails. It's a happy marriage.
          Steph
          My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by MAlthaus View Post
            On cream in coffee
            Philz in San Francisco uses manufacturing cream in their coffee.

They are universally loved.

I think they try to keep it a secret, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by eva View Post
              a couple of days ago i was out for dinner w hubby. So i was ordering a nice steak and a side dish of grilled mushrooms and a tomato-onion sidesalad. So i make my order and the waiter asks if i want frenchfries with that- my answer is no potatoes pls. But he continues suggesting different potatoe options- baked potatoes? boiled potatoes? mashed potatoes? potatosalad? and to each i patiently reply - no potatoes pls. So finally he saYs: "ok i understand. U want rice. Why cant u just say so!!" N i very patiently anwer :" no thank u, i just take what i ordered". So the waiter leaves quite pissed off...n my hubby cant stop laughing

haha, Had to check where your from - ofc it had to be Scandinavia! It is the same in Norway. Always pushing those potatoes!

Comment

• cringed when i read the status update of a friend with a toddler: "proud to brag that my toddler's favorite snack is edamame!!!!"
                her fav snack used to be broccoli...BRING BACK THE BROCCOLI!!

Comment

• Originally posted by reflex View Post
                  Philz in San Francisco uses manufacturing cream in their coffee.

They are universally loved.

I think they try to keep it a secret, though.
                  PHILZ IS MY FAV COFFEE IN THE CITY!! that must be why
                  "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Made the mistake of opening a weight watchers magazine. Had to put it down after I read this sparkling gem of nutritional information: "You can have your cake and eat it too, but its what you eat before and after the cake that makes a difference." .......ummm no its not!!! ITS THE CAKE!!!!

FACEPALM

Comment

• Originally posted by Maureen M View Post
                      Made the mistake of opening a weight watchers magazine. Had to put it down after I read this sparkling gem of nutritional information: "You can have your cake and eat it too, but its what you eat before and after the cake that makes a difference." .......ummm no its not!!! ITS THE CAKE!!!!

FACEPALM
                      So a healthy day of eating (according to them) would be: Vegetables, cake, meat, cake, fruit, cake, nuts, cake? I somehow doubt any of their readers are healthy.
                      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                        So a healthy day of eating (according to them) would be: Vegetables, cake, meat, cake, fruit, cake, nuts, cake? I somehow doubt any of their readers are healthy.
                        Yes, but without the meat and nuts

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                          Don't worry you can have tons of sugar and lose weight! You just have to work out every day like the people on the biggest loser! Those guys are my heroes!

You see how much weight they lose!? They can't possibly be unhealthy!
                          Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                          Follow me on google+
                          Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                          "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Of course! And eat ALL the Subway and mint-ice cream flavored gum you like!

I will admit, that show is my guilty pleasure.
                            My Leangains Journey

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

Comment

• I do watch it too, did the new season start today in the US?

Comment

• Harvard Declares Dairy NOT Part of a Healthy Diet | Care2 Healthy Living

and

Healthy Eating Plate - The Nutrition Source - Harvard School of Public Health

and

United States Wheat Subsidies || EWG Farm Subsidy Database

First link, talks about how Harvard is telling the USDA that they aren't going to support pushing dairy as a healthy food anymore because they prize nutrition over lobbyists. One reason given is that dairy has saturated fat.

Second link, is what Harvard's proposing with a quarter of the plate given over to whole grains and the protein part of the plate including legumes.

Third link is a look at how the U.S. subsidizes wheat. But there's only nutrition at play in Harvard's recommendations. Only nutrition.

Comment

Working...
                                X