Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RedMenace View Post
    Me: Actually I've been having one of these a day for months and lost about 15lbs since the holiday season started. How's your diet treating you?
    Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
    UHH...RUDE!!! can't believe the crap that people think they can say to random strangers...has real life become the internet???
    Yeah, that was pretty rude >:|
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• PNW??

I wore my adidas toe shoes yesterday and my friend was fascinated. She kept saying " I just cant stop looking at them. Can I see the bottom, touch the material?" LOL Here in the midwest.. folks are pretty friendly I think although you will find snarky comments anywhere.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
        Listening to vegetarians talk at work makes me realize how much we have in common. The ones I sit near don't want to eat too much fake junk, either. They are trying to make the best of their eating habits for their own reasons. As much as I want to stuff ground beef into their faces, I have to respect them for being as staunchly committed to a way of eating as we are.
        If they are vegetarians on account of animal cruelty and if they knowingly accept an inferior diet choice so that they dont have to slaughter, i respect their choice. I have quiet a few friends of this type.

In some ways this is also evolution. Evolution of the mind onto another level. Most "modern" hunter-gatherers wont get it. They would rather have their six packs.
        Few but ripe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
          I have an amazingly hilarious experience to share:

My extended family and I were all eating dinner tonight, and everyone -- my mother, father, siblings, etc. -- were ripping on me because I was only eating meat and salad, and lots of it, and declining the bread and desserts. After a few minutes of everyone telling me how unhealthy my way of eating is, my eighty-eight-year-old grandmother, who until this point had been quiet, spoke up.

"Have you guys noticed how fat Shawn's gotten?" she asks.

Everyone grows quiet, confused. "No," my mom says, "he's not fat at all."

My grandma nods. "Then shut up and let him eat how he wants to eat. He's clearly doing better than everyone else here."

They left me alone after that.
          I seriously want to hug your grandma right now. Sassy wisdom is to be admired!
          I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
            I have an amazingly hilarious experience to share:

My extended family and I were all eating dinner tonight, and everyone -- my mother, father, siblings, etc. -- were ripping on me because I was only eating meat and salad, and lots of it, and declining the bread and desserts. After a few minutes of everyone telling me how unhealthy my way of eating is, my eighty-eight-year-old grandmother, who until this point had been quiet, spoke up.

"Have you guys noticed how fat Shawn's gotten?" she asks.

Everyone grows quiet, confused. "No," my mom says, "he's not fat at all."

My grandma nods. "Then shut up and let him eat how he wants to eat. He's clearly doing better than everyone else here."

They left me alone after that.
            lol Nice one.

Conventional wisdom has its moments, right?
            Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
            Follow me on google+
            Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
            "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Well, I wasn't going to share this one, but it is on the lines of the cream at the coffee shop. I went to one a couple of weeks ago and asked for "cream". I knew the place had told me before that they just have half-and-half, so I just said cream expecting half and half. The gal said, it will take a minute because "we have to make some". I stood there and watched them dilute heavy cream with milk and then put it into my coffee. I was so stunned, I didn't say anything. I know it would've been pointless if I had said something, but I should have entertained myself at their expense.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                PNW??

I wore my adidas toe shoes yesterday and my friend was fascinated. She kept saying " I just cant stop looking at them. Can I see the bottom, touch the material?" LOL Here in the midwest.. folks are pretty friendly I think although you will find snarky comments anywhere.

Ooop, sorry. PNW = Pacific North West

Outside of small Midwestern and Southern towns I've never lived in a place where people talk more to strangers. It's kinda awesome....except when you get the snarky ones, of course.
                Prions are natures way of telling us that cannibalism is for losers.

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36522.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                  I know what you mean, San Franciscians seem pretty open to random bits of conversation with strangers as well. Example: when I wear my VFFs in the city, I get comments about them all the time (usually along the lines of, "whoah! Weird shoes dude!" or "Hey I like your shoes!"), and frequently people actually stop and ask me about them. Im always happy to give my two cents on how much I like them. But then, by comparison, I went to New York two summers ago and wore them there, and I caught a lot of people staring at me when I wore them, or staring at my feet more specifically, but NO ONE commented or asked me about them ONCE, even though I was in the same sorts of situations (restaurants, shopping, public transit) as I am back in SF when people talk to me about them here.
                  Danny Glover was shown wearing VFF's in Runner's World Magazine... the CW world might actually be taking notice!!!
                  The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                  Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                  Pope John Paul II

Comment

• Originally posted by tplank View Post
                    Well, I wasn't going to share this one, but it is on the lines of the cream at the coffee shop. I went to one a couple of weeks ago and asked for "cream". I knew the place had told me before that they just have half-and-half, so I just said cream expecting half and half. The gal said, it will take a minute because "we have to make some". I stood there and watched them dilute heavy cream with milk and then put it into my coffee. I was so stunned, I didn't say anything. I know it would've been pointless if I had said something, but I should have entertained myself at their expense.
                    If you were never going to go back, you should've made them throw it away and redo it with the cream. If you are going back, tell them not to dilute it.

And I recommend going back, because I suspect what they were doing was making you half-and-half because they're used to people saying "cream" and wanting that.
                    Last edited by sapphire_chan; 12-29-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedMenace View Post
                      Ooop, sorry. PNW = Pacific North West

Outside of small Midwestern and Southern towns I've never lived in a place where people talk more to strangers. It's kinda awesome....except when you get the snarky ones, of course.
                      lol we talk to everyone..lol.. small towns, i love living in one
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by sapphire_chan View Post
                        If you were never going to go back, you should've made them throw it away and redo it with the cream. If you are going back, tell them not to dilute it.

And I recommend going back, because I suspect what they were doing was making you half-and-half because they're used to people saying "cream" and wanting that.
                        Well, in general, that is my style actually. But, this was just kids and no doubt doing what their bosses had told them to do. I don't go to that particular coffee shop very often and not much to be gained by delivering truth unless it tasted weak, but it was fine. I just find CW funny some times. Now beer in a frosted glass...I'll object to that one every time.

Comment

• My mom took our family and my cousins to a Cambodian/Vietnamese restaurant a couple weeks ago. I have never eaten either cuisine before, but I found a dish on the menu "beef ball and seaweed soup".

When I ordered, the waiter immediately looked surprised and tried to explain that their were no noodles, and that I would probably enjoy ordering something else.

I suppose the restaurant was used to non-Cambodians being off-put by the lack of carbs.

The soup was unlike anything I'd had before, tons of seaweed and meatballs, and it filled me up without weighing me down!
                          There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

Comment

• Originally posted by sapphire_chan View Post
                            I got a friend of mine used to heavy cream in coffee and tea by serving it to him at my house. Then we were out at a coffee shop and he commented that the coffee there just didnt taste as good as when I make it. Convo went like this:

Him: When you make coffee it tastes better than when I get it at the coffee shops.
                            Me: Its probably because of the heavy cream.
                            Him: But I put cream in my coffee
                            Me: No, its half and half.
                            Him: But they call it cream.
                            Me: Yeah, because thats what most people think cream is. If you put out REAL heavy cream people would flip the fuck out.
                            Him: But I want heavy cream!
                            Me: I know.
                            "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                              I got a friend of mine used to heavy cream in coffee and tea by serving it to him at my house. Then we were out at a coffee shop and he commented that the coffee there just didnt taste as good as when I make it. Convo went like this:

Him: When you make coffee it tastes better than when I get it at the coffee shops.
                              Me: Its probably because of the heavy cream.
                              Him: But I put cream in my coffee
                              Me: No, its half and half.
                              Him: But they call it cream.
                              Me: Yeah, because thats what most people think cream is. If you put out REAL heavy cream people would flip the fuck out.
                              Him: But I want heavy cream!
                              Me: I know.
                              This reminds me of an experience I had at a local Starbucks. I went in, ordered coffee and asked them to put heavy cream in it. The girl asked me, I kid you not, 5 times if I really wanted heavy cream in my coffee. Maybe her synapses couldn't figure out why I would refuse a shot of flavoring (blech) but wanted 2" worth of heavy cream :::shrug:::
                              "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Comment

• Originally posted by Tealia View Post
                                My mom took our family and my cousins to a Cambodian/Vietnamese restaurant a couple weeks ago. I have never eaten either cuisine before, but I found a dish on the menu "beef ball and seaweed soup".

When I ordered, the waiter immediately looked surprised and tried to explain that their were no noodles, and that I would probably enjoy ordering something else.
                                Pre-Primal, I used to order a tripe-and-tendon soup at this Thai restaurant I loved. I got this same reaction from a waitress who wasn't used to me and didn't know my bizarre whitegirl eating habits.

"You know it's got...things in it," she said.

"Yup," I said.

And then she tried again to explain what the "things" were. I think she didn't know the word for "offal", so I just kept assuring her it was okay, and when I was done and had polished off the bowl she came over and said, "Oh! You liked it!"

Well, duh!

Also have gone to dim sum once and ordered tripe or phoenix paws and immediately been targeted as someone who likes "that stuff". Carts that would otherwise have never deigned to come close to our table suddenly closed in, much to the dismay of the rest of the (non-nose-to-tail-eating) party. Bwahahahaahahahahahaah.
                                Steph
                                My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Working...
                                X