Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
    She also said she wanted to use grapeseed oil on her cas tiron pan because it's low in cholesterol and carbohydrates, as she puts low-fat cream cheese on a bagel. I kept my mouth shut.
    oh, and the grapeseed oil will get rancid and make the pan all sticky and gross and you'll have to clean it and re-season it from scratch. CO seems to be the best for that task.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
      If you ever want a good laugh, go to Starbucks and watch the faces of the people around you when you order your Chai tea made with heavy cream. I was getting so many "I guess she doesn't care how she looks" looks that I spoke up and said "I've lost thirty pounds since June doing this. Why would I want non-fat?"

When my sister ordered hers with nonfat I told the guy I wanted fullfat and he said "Two percent?". FULL FAT. "Oh, whole milk? We also have half and half and heavy cream." YES! HEAVY CREAM!!

Sheesh.
      Starbucks carries heavy cream? Wow, they might be good for something after all.

My coffee experience today:
      Me: I'll have a 16oz Breve please
      Lady behind me: Oh, goodness, still eating like it's the holidays, huh? That's okay New Years diets soon enough! Enjoy it while you can!
      Me: Actually I've been having one of these a day for months and lost about 15lbs since the holiday season started. How's your diet treating you?
      Lady behind me: Uh...er... well, uh, that's...er... great! *Nearly whispers to the barista* I'll have an 8oz fat free sugar free vanilla latte.
      Me (in my head): SUCKER!
      Prions are natures way of telling us that cannibalism is for losers.

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36522.html

Comment

• bah! Just seen on someones facebook status :

Want to lose 5lbs in two weeks? Cut down your sodium, fats and oils (yes, even good fats and good oils), and eat lower carb.

I tried to set her straight but will see what comes out of that. There are so many things wrong with this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
          Want to lose 5lbs in two weeks? Cut down your sodium, fats and oils (yes, even good fats and good oils), and eat lower carb.
          I'm still trying to figure out WTH that leaves to eat. Is this an All Water diet or something?
          Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedMenace View Post
            Lady behind me: Oh, goodness, still eating like it's the holidays, huh? That's okay New Years diets soon enough! Enjoy it while you can!
            UHH...RUDE!!! can't believe the crap that people think they can say to random strangers...has real life become the internet???

Comment

• Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
              UHH...RUDE!!! can't believe the crap that people think they can say to random strangers...has real life become the internet???
              Thats true. As much as I love these CW stories of SAD people being snarky, I cant help but think that most of the people in and around my life keep their comments to themselves. Pity, id love the excuse to snark right back.
              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

My coffee experience today:
                Me: Actually I've been having one of these a day for months and lost about 15lbs since the holiday season started. How's your diet treating you?
                Lady behind me: Uh...er... well, uh, that's...er... great! *Nearly whispers to the barista* I'll have an 8oz fat free sugar free vanilla latte.
                Me (in my head): SUCKER!
                Your rude breve experience reminds me of my (sort of) nice breve experience. I always order breves at the local coffee shop and the other day one of the baristas said, "How do you keep ordering breves and stay so skinny?!" (Imagine this in a sort of flamboyant, stereotypically gay voice.) He didn't really wait for my response. Heh

Comment

• Listening to vegetarians talk at work makes me realize how much we have in common. The ones I sit near don't want to eat too much fake junk, either. They are trying to make the best of their eating habits for their own reasons. As much as I want to stuff ground beef into their faces, I have to respect them for being as staunchly committed to a way of eating as we are.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• I made a visit to my parents home at Thanksgiving. Mom offered me "half and half" for my coffee and I took it from her and read the label. I showed her the label where it said "corn syrup" plus a lot of other added junk and told her that I didn't want any but thanks. I made another visit over Christmas and was very pleased to see that real half and half has replaced the junk...it's just a small success but it sure felt good.

Comment

• JennaRose
                      Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                      Thats true. As much as I love these CW stories of SAD people being snarky, I cant help but think that most of the people in and around my life keep their comments to themselves. Pity, id love the excuse to snark right back.
                      So, I've found that the combination of being fat, eating fat in public, and being in the PNW apparently gives people licence to talk this way to me. Being an anthro major, I find it fascinating. I also find it fascinating that if people did this in Denver they could expect a punch (verbal or meat) in the face.

It will be interesting to see when the outbursts of passive aggression transition into internalized cursing of my name for being skinny and drinking full-fat coffee drinks.

Comment

So, I've found that the combination of being fat, eating fat in public, and being in the PNW apparently gives people licence to talk this way to me. )
                        I don't think you are being fair and not at all nice targeting the PNW people as rude. Just because you have run into some that are please do not paint all of us with the same brush.
                        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I don't think you are being fair and not at all nice targeting the PNW people as rude. Just because you have run into some that are please do not paint all of us with the same brush.
                          Truth, ALL people have the rudeness gene not jus the PNW. Some of us grow up and learn to not indulge, sadly most dont.
                          Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Sorry, not trying to insinuate all PNWers are rude. Just much more willing to talk to strangers whether in snarky tones or no. Most of the time it's quite nice.

Comment

Sorry, not trying to insinuate all PNWers are rude. Just much more willing to talk to strangers whether in snarky tones or no. Most of the time it's quite nice.
                              I know what you mean, San Franciscians seem pretty open to random bits of conversation with strangers as well. Example: when I wear my VFFs in the city, I get comments about them all the time (usually along the lines of, "whoah! Weird shoes dude!" or "Hey I like your shoes!"), and frequently people actually stop and ask me about them. Im always happy to give my two cents on how much I like them. But then, by comparison, I went to New York two summers ago and wore them there, and I caught a lot of people staring at me when I wore them, or staring at my feet more specifically, but NO ONE commented or asked me about them ONCE, even though I was in the same sorts of situations (restaurants, shopping, public transit) as I am back in SF when people talk to me about them here.
                              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• RE Heavy Cream in Coffee Shops

Sometimes you have to ask for "Manufacturing Cream" It's what they make the whipped cream out of when they have real whipped cream. You can also ask for 'the milk they make the whipped cream with'...
                                Down from 275 to 250!
                                Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
                                Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

Comment

Working...
                                X